Any talk about any new movement styles?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ACE FREHLEY, Mar 2, 2023.

1. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

This is most likely a question for a Dev or whoever would be responsible for it, but has there been any talk about adding more movement styles? I would like to see the powersets as movement styles first, like a fire trail for the fire powerset, etc. If you have a fire based character for instance, to see him/her flying/running/skimming/gliding with a billowing flame trail behind you. Obviously, the same for other powersets.
    Hoping to one day see this become a reality!
  2. Eve YouTuber

I might not be a Dev but since they weren't able to fix them yet, no new ones will be added obviously. We're going to have to wait until then, which sucks tbh
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...nts-from-the-marketplace.326895/#post-4567188
    • Like x 1
  4. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

Unless you are talking about arts, allies and time caps, the answer to "new" is usually "no"
    • Like x 2
  5. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Best answer for all "new stuff" threads
    • Like x 3
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Could possibly see new ones, either marketplace directly or in a time capsule.
    • Like x 1
  7. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

What I'd like to see (but not sure if it'd be doable) is something like what Iceman and Frozone use, where they create a road or bridge under them and slide along it,but have it attuned to the toon's powers. So hard light toons would slide along a "bridge" made of light, ice characters would slide along ice, fire characters on fire, etc. It could be called "sledding," or maybe "sliding."

Edit: and yeah, I know it's not a style, but maybe the actual form the movement type takes could be a style, so you could have a hard light toon sliding along a surface made of fire.
    • Like x 2
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I doubt the ice path would work in this game, but once movement styles are hopefully eventually fixed I do also hope and suspect they’ll do some power related ones even if that specifically isn’t doable. I’d love things like frosty or scorching footprints behind toons, maybe flowers sprouting up where nature toons step, water toons leaving small puddles behind, etc.
    • Like x 2
  9. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

If memory serves, I think the devs have said in the past that given all the different animations, etc. across all the different movement modes, it was about as much work to create a new movement style as a new powerset. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see them committing to that any time soon without a guaranteed return for it.

I suspect we'd also be talking not just the work needed to make that movement style for the existing movement modes, but also a 'forward' cost to it - a multiplying factor if you like - on the devs making any new movement mode (extending all the movement styles for the hypothetical new movement mode), probably making addtional movement modes that bit less likely to be implemented by the devs as a result.
    • Like x 1