Why is saint Patrick’s event so short?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnboundHeavenlyDemon, Mar 2, 2023.

1. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

Literally 13 days to just get 146 marks from what I’ve found out and if someone missed a few feats in the past,it’ll be tuff to get em all but in other events you have so much time and the marks you get if you do it on multiple characters is enough to get all feats but for saint Patrick is not enough.I wonder why is that so?
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You run more than 1 character and divide the work.
    • Like x 8
  3. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

I do that but stuff cost a certain amount of marks and with the 146 per character for the whole event won’t be enough unless I run above a certain amount of characters and that’s too much above what I run for other seasonals since it’s only 13 days for 146 marks in total
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

It's always been around 2 weeks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Run some alts, maybe buy currency (not recommended) or buy tradable stuff from other players, save up for next year. :oops:
    • Like x 2
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It’s because Leprechauns are short. Short in stature and short with you (attitude).

Logically, their event is short too.
    • Like x 7
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Maybe because Shock to the System is about to be released and they don’t want to distract from the excitement of the launch?
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Actually, this is probably the most likely reason!
    • Like x 4
  8. L T Devoted Player

Thank you Devs for shorter events. I wish every event were 2 weeks.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

You don't want Mr. Mxy here for over four weeks. It wouldn't be good for all of us, it'd be pretty messy all around. Just saying
    • Like x 3
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Plus that guy creeps me out! Lol
    • Like x 3
  11. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

ah but of course XD
    • Like x 1
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

As someone who hasn’t played st paddy’s since 2018 or 2017 I concur haha
    • Like x 1
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Just to add I have 16 or 18 characters I can’t remember they are all Alts and only 2 are 300+ cr the rest are 100+ so there will be a lot of running
    • Like x 1
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

16 or 18 ?!?!? Do you remember all their name?! lol

They prob miss you!
  15. Proxystar #Perception

St Patricks Day has always been 2 weeks.
    • Like x 2
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Yes I do lol

I don’t get on them every day but often … none of them have more then 100 sp they are mostly just for fun
    • Like x 1
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

your not suposed to be able to do more than one or two years done in a round. they dont exspect a player to get all past years in the time window.

if that's what your after you need to have tons of alts and time or plenty of that sweet cash to spend on their marks
  18. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

:eek: :(
  19. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

For saint Patrick you can’t but the others I easily can catch up with 6 characters including my main
  20. beardrive Committed Player

I don't know why it is so short, but I can speak directly to this. I personally have asked for adjustments over the last couple years for things to change with regards to getting items versus the amount of coin that we get per day. The shortness of this event is certainly one of the main issues! But that isn't the only issue, and a longer event does not mean a more fulfilling one.

This event also has no vault yet, so there is no way that random items can drop. During the event there is no where else for those items to drop anywhere else in the game.

I think it was 3 years ago when we complained that they turned The metropolis weekly into a daily. That still wasn't enough coin for 2 weeks to viably buy enough base items to decorate even a partial base.

Case in point:
    I abandoned the event last year for not only the coins, but for the grief and attempt to get them with the event.

However, my friend did not.

She did it on 16 alts for every single day of the event. With all 16 of her alts, and the amount of coin return, she told me that she got 350 base items from the event, running all 16 alts.

That is half of a base. Half of a base for 16 alts? That is a futile effort at best in order to get those items. But that's not all. I also calculated, that because of lag, coin flippage, and various griefing, that she would have done 7,500 coins to get those 350 Base items.

You see now why I left it. It's needed a very large overhaul for a few years now that hasn't been done, and the lag in the event alone lends itself to about 20 to 30% failure rate gathering those coins.

The worst part about all of this is the point of it all. They've put out amazing items this year! The stuff looks really good. And I appreciate that!

So I'm going to do my part as an MMO player and post during the event that I am willing to pay $100 million dollars for 100 items. (As I put my doctor evil pinky up to my lips and squint)

I'm only on the EU server, as Branthar. Feel free to email me for trade negotiations. :)