Suggestion for new episode...KNIGHTMARE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MisterMeanwhile, Apr 8, 2021.

1. MisterMeanwhile Well-Known Player

I'm thinking a DCUO version of the post-invasion scenes of B vs S and the Snyder cut of Justice League. Maybe add content from Batman Last Knight on Earth.

And...begin.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The game is strictly limited to content inspired from printed comics. They can't take inspiration from content based on a tv series or film.
    • Like x 9
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The best they could do is if there was a comic story with similar ideas. But I honestly don't know if DC has ever published such a story.
    • Like x 1
  4. Starblast Well-Known Player

Most of the time if they were to use stuff/content from movies they are limited or it is subject to be removed like the BVS stuff that was gone abruptly. I know with properties like GI Joe...Hasbro could only use the likeness of the actors and emblems on their action figures and such for a limited time. So if you want your channing Tatum, the rock, sienna miller, Rachel Nichols, the blond cover girl actress (i forget her name) better snatch them up on ebay. OH and I forgot about the Bruce Willis figure. Off topic a bit but still...I know Jack T. Chance loves GI joe so it made me think of it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Wildcat Committed Player

best You can get is a legends pve/p skin (like Supergirl tv series), so vote for legends skins, pal ;)
  6. MisterMeanwhile Well-Known Player

How about the future of Brainiac's invasion at the beginning?
    • Like x 2
  7. Heywiar Committed Player

I honestly hope DCUO goes with more niche stories. I am so unbelievably sick of Wonder Woman and Batman DLC's that it took away my liking for the characters. :(
    DC has such a massive array of characters and I feel like they sell themselves short when they make 20 different versions of Batman.
    • Like x 3
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Yea, something that would follow the story of the Batcave raids its amazing that we have some brainian in episode 40 but a whole episode would be so good
  9. zNot Loyal Player

Agree on that
    • Like x 1
  10. darry3275 Well-Known Player

What about an episode based on the Dceased storyline. Or an episode of giant mutant pickles out for world domination.
    • Like x 2
  11. MisterMeanwhile Well-Known Player

Getting off topic.:mad:
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I would love a Funny Animal based DLC. Have the artwork look like CC Beck's Shazam. Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew, Detective Chimp, Streaky, Comet, etc... New Ally could be Jarro.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. MisterMeanwhile Well-Known Player

I'm disappoint the subject of Knightmare was easily dismissed but I decided to post my ideas of this episode like I did with my Watchmen thread.
    Watchmen in DCUO | DC Universe Online Forums (daybreakgames.com)

The player receives a message from Future Flash, warning of an impending danger. But before more details are given, the message becomes garbled and incoherent before abruptly ending.
    Then the present Flash is giving the message now, shocked and confused about the message from his future self. Flash is able to trace the signal to the future and assigns the player to seek Future Flash for information of the aforementioned impeding danger.
    The player selects "Knightmare" on the on-duty menu and is sent to the open world zone of Knightmare Metropolis, specifically the wide rooftop of the Daily Planet. In this dark future, Brainiac has conquered Earth, using his army of robots to wipe out the rest of humanity. However, Brainiac is not the only big bad here as Darkseid, Ra's al Ghul, Trigon and Murk try to conquer the world.
    Various characters are spread out in the open world zone, with missions for the player. Future Mera tasks the player to fight 30 Atlanteans coming to the south shore of New Troy. Future Raven tasks the player to fight Brother Blood and 30 Trigon cultists and seal 40 dimensional rifts in Centennial Park. Future Deathstroke tasks the player to destroy 50 of Brainiac's robots (sentries, overseers, harvesters, collectors) attacking the Lexcorp Building. Future Batman assigns the player to fight 30 League of Assassins soldiers and heal 45 injured citizens in Suicide Slum.
    MISSIONS
    SOLO
    The player is sent outside the Fortress of Solitude. Future Batman instructs the player to go to enter the Fortress and retrieve "ITEM 126". The player must fight through Brainiac's robots to get in the Fortress, now greatly damaged and abandoned. Once inside, the player will fight Parademons and former heroes assimilated and controlled by Brainiac like Static, Supergirl, Hawkman, Booster Gold. When the player finds Item 126, the player is suddenly attacked by Commander Bruutal, Darkseid's general. After defeating Bruutal, the player leaves with the mysterious package.

DUO
    Two players are sent to the ruins of Themyscira. The two assist Future Mera as the island is attacked by Atlanteans. The players reach the Palace where Hippolyta and Circe (both battle-weary and scared) are working on a strange metallic box. Suddenly, Murk appears threatening to take the box. The duo fights Murk and wins. On Mera’s suggestion, the players take the mysterious “AZM box” for safekeeping.

ALERT
    Four players are in Gotham City. The entire city is covered in a protective dome, patrolled by robotic Bat-Knights (like the ones in Kingdom Come). The Bat-Knights attack the players until Future Batman arrives and orders his robots to cease. Future Batman informs the players they need to go to WayneTech and retrieve another mysterious package called “3B”. Upon arrival, the players find WayneTech being raided the League of Shadows, leading into a battle. Ra’s al Ghul appears and threatening to destroy the 3B. Suddenly, al’Ghul is hit by an energy blast by Future Lex Luthor, who takes the 3B. We learn that Future Batman and Future Lex are working together in a scheme to destroy Brainiac. The players leave for the next mission.

RAID
    Eight players are in the ruins of Central City. The players fight through Paradox Demons and/or Parademons on their way to the Flash Museum. The players meet with Future Batman, Future Luthor and Future Flash. When asked about the message Future Flash sent, the speedster is confused and claims he didn’t send any message. The players unpacked the items they gathered from the previous missions. Item 126 is revealed to be Dark Multiverse Kryptonite (or maybe something different like Hyper-Kryptonite), AZM box contained Amazonium and 3B is Batmanium. We learn that with all three combined and charged by the Speed Force will become a new element/power source called Unitium or Trinitium (We can discuss which one is a better name later), which would give Luther armored suit the power he needs to destroy Brainiac. Suddenly, another Flash appears, who turns out to be Future Future Flash, the one who sent the message in the beginning, trying to stop his past self from going with Luthor plan. Future Luthor blasts Future Future Flash then demands Future Flash to proceed with the plan. Feeling that whatever outcome Luthor’s plan would bring couldn’t be any worse than the future he’s in now, Future Flash goes along with Future Luthor. The two are teleported away, leaving the players behind.

Future Batman is able to track Future Luthor to the present day at Lexcorp and sends the players to stop him. At Lexcorp, Future Luthor makes the necessary upgrades to his armored suit for the Unitium. Future Flash creates a Speed Force charge for the three items to merge and become Unitium. Future Luthor takes the Unitium, boosting the power of his armor. The players arrive at Lexcorp and fight Luthor’s goons as they enter. Then the players fight Future Flash as well as Future Deathstroke, Future Joker and Future Mera.
    The players approach Future Luthor, who says he plans to go back in time and destroys Brainiac before his invasion of Earth. But suddenly, Future Luthor loses control of his armor and is immediately attacked and restrained by the tendrils of Brainiac’s ship. Brainiac appears claiming he’s been on to Luthor’s scheme and plans to take the Unitium power for himself and destroy Earth once and for all. With help from Future Batman, the players fight Brainiac and his robots minions but are unable to prevent Brainiac from absorbing the Unitium power. But the power becomes too much for him and is close to overload. Future Batman states he sneaked some Promethium in the mix, knowing the Unitium would become unstable and that Luthor couldn’t resist the opportunity to one up on Superman by saving the world. With Brainiac reaching critical mass and about to explode, the players hurries out of the building. The explosion not only destroys Brainiac but his robots and his bottles. Ending Brainiac’s reign of terror.

Future Batman gives the most flattering high praise to the players before returning to his future.

But we discover that the Unitium had also rendered his exo-bytes unless and every exo-powered hero and villain on Earth have lost their super-powers.
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

doom patrol!
    • Like x 2
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

There are so many great characters they could use, The Phantom Stranger, Adam Strange off the top of my head would be fantastic for a DLC. Give me enough time I'm sure I could create an WOT list
  16. MisterMeanwhile Well-Known Player

What?
  17. El Ferchos Active Player

As much as I like Batman, I think we need a break from him for a while after all the Metal ark.

On the other hand the Knightmare idea can't be properly adaptes since we never got to see more than that visiones Batman had. Last Knight on Earth.... Idk, cause the story doesn't bring much to the table to make content.

Injustice could be brought in various parts since the story is divided through 6 years of plot. I believe that would be the closer we can get to the Knightmare idea.
    • Like x 2
  18. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

This was my main reasoning for not supporting OP, the Batman fatigue has well and truly kicked in. I would however, be all for Batman stories down the line, not necessarily this one though.

Watchmen could've been easily introduced during last two episodes before SoBA, they're a big part of that storyline.

What I would want:
    - JLD 2 with more swamp thing, much more. So many good plotlines.
    - Convergence storyline, bring back brainiac in a big way, multiple episodes
    - Doesn't matter what the storyline is, but Gorilla City. We need the map, story is irrelevant.
    • Like x 2
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I was going to post something similar. There's already so much Batman-centic content on DCUO, plus over half of DC Comics' output is either Batman or Bat-Family. I mean, even the point of all that Metal crap that went on for however many years was that Batman is the single most important person in the entire multiverse.

Frankly, I found Batman much more interesting before Grant Morrison got his hands on him and made him a grunting antisocial ubermensch who is capable of taking out the entire Justice League by himself.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the other ideas, though, like the Doom Patrol, Earth-C, or the Legion of Super-Pets
  20. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I've always viewed it as Frank Miller > Snyder & Capullo > Grant Morrison