From a Tank's PoV...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ash Inferno, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Honestly, there's artifact pets, power set pets, iconic pets, trinket pets oh and let's not forget minions...
    Enough with the %$@&ing PETS!

Rant over lol.
    • Like x 2
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Just make them to where we can walk through them and I happy including players
    • Like x 2
  3. TheEnquirer Active Player

I'm gonna be honest, I've probably had an issue with pets as a tank maybe a total of five times? If you are running content regularly and / or paying attention to positioning / mechanic timing, you should be good? If you could elaborate in what specific instances you are having trouble, that would be helpful.

As it is, I'm not sure the technical capacity DCUO has for removing collision or if it would be a priority.

I will say, I understand if you're speaking specifically of Neron's Underworld.. That map location / style is just unfortunate. It's been that way for years with a few similar maps.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

From another tank's PoV: Honestly, there are not enough pets, I think DCUO should copy Terraria's Summoner class and let us have 11 combat pets out at once, at all times.

Edit:

Come to think of it, it would be possible to run 13 temporary pets. Quislet & Grim, 1 Loadout Tray pet, 3 henchmen/backup, 4 Boos, and 3 Sorcery pets from Grand Summoning. Now that would be a sight to see if a whole raid group dps were all using that.
    • Like x 6
  5. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I get what you’re saying, but there are a crazy amount of pets and the fact that they won’t move for you or let you walk through is a problem that could be addressed. I mean what if they even just elevated the pets above head level? That alone would elevate a lot of issues. Surely something can be done. And also this is a bad title for a thread that is complaining about pets, more than tanks can suffer for this issue.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Honestly, I usually don't either. But yeah, bad NU run lol.
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Hell I'm not even a tank and I've suffered a few deaths due to the pet army's lol.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a simple solution: pick a DPS and stand on top of them. Rinse and repeat until all the pets are gone.
    • Like x 1
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Add to the list the call of an ally, the orb of arion artifact (summon a pet that heals), the trinket "Gotham Emergency Signal" summons a batman or a joker for a couple of seconds for an aoe attack ... and if you use the head augmentation from metal 1 (then in the open world metal 1 DLC ) you have a chance to summon a Darck Robin. there are three orbital strikes that summon a flock of bats to the heads of opponents, and Starro uplink device that summons a big starro who spits out small starro at the enemy ... supple drops with bee, unicorns or seahorses ... and also ... equipment in the form of pets: accessories in the form of a bat or a small drone, or flying skulls... an aura of bats, 2 aura of butterflies... a belt, shoulder pads and a cape in the form of spiders or a starro... a cape of bats... an emblem bat or boo... chrome material with bats... am I probably over the top already?:oops:
    • Like x 1
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[quote="Critical Massacre, post: 4566964, member: 396671" I mean what if they even just elevated the pets above head level?[/quote]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. not serious Well-Known Player

Certainly when it happens, it can be quite annoying, but it can also be helpful when it blocks the enemies, finally a little advice for your tank, try as much as possible to be the least immobile to avoid that the numerous pets surround you too much.
  12. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I've definitely seen this become a bigger issue with the current elite raids as pets will block people out of the Faust circle in Rock elite, and trap people inside the lava in NU elite. It's always funny when the pets outnumber the players in the raid, and the if multiple people have MERCY art at the same time, the shields are crazy.
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm not sure you'd be able to see much of anything with 50+ summoned pets running around...
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Dont forget your own pets. It has to be a programming issue to where they cant distinguish the pet as a damagable item if players can walk through them.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Actually from a tank perspective, I love pets, you just have to account for them in your placement, sometimes mistakes happen.

The reality is pets are amazingly beneficial in that they also block in bosses and NPC's, which is something massively beneficial to you as a tank, the only issue is if you get stuck between them and that's probably on you as a players, it's equally possible to get pinned in by a bunch of adds as well for that matter.

I think the biggest problem with pets doesn't come to a tank, it comes from a mechanic like Lazy Blast where everyone lunges Faust and there simply isn't enough room in there when you've got 8 Quislets, 8 Kryptos, 24 Backups and 8 Robot Sidekicks also in there at the same time.

At the end of the day I'd have no issue with players eventually being able to 'Phase' through pets, but I'd never want to have NPC's phase through pets, that would actually be a straight up strategical loss from a tank PoV.
    • Like x 1
  16. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Yes, several times I've gotten trapped by MY OWN summons. You know, jump down somewhere to pick up a yellow orb, then can't jump back out again because my Guardian/Fury/Robot is on top of my head, lol. At least in that case, I eventually remember I can dismiss them.

A couple of times, though, I've gotten knocked out because ALL of the summons from my party surrounded me on three sides while the boss/miniboss hops over and wales on me from the other side. Maybe remove the collision only for player characters?
  17. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Hate pets i have tanked in every mmo and getting stuck by pets is ******** when it became a problem in ffxiv they took out pet collision and made it so they don't receive damage . People will say they could be used to block in a boss but almost all bosses do aoe push back to stop adds now so this method doesn't apply anymore. Funny thing is i am mainly a pet dps on my earth
    • Like x 2
  18. Minotaur38 Active Player

Not true. I cant count how many times I been stuck on pets, and NPC's, and I never make mistakes on mechs.
  19. Minotaur38 Active Player

U

I disagree. Between stat clamp, boss buffs (which no one asks for), pets, etc...It's a constant hazard, and ruins feats. I've tanked every elite raid/alert on this game, and it is a constant hazard. Even if you're aware of where the pets/hecnhmen are, it doesn't matter between that and NPC's.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Sure, they can ruin feats, they can also feed immunity, there's all sorts of issues with pets and that's why players should know when not to use them.

If pets are going to ruin your feat then of course don't use them, it would be silly to do so.

The point I was making is that their blocking ability can be as useful at times as it can be seen as negative.

I don't care if players were given the ability to phase through pets, but I do care if NPCs are, I just don't want that happening, but to each their own.