AI and MMOs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LowFlyingMoon, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’d live to see an AI player insult a real player by calling them a “bot”. That’d make my day.
    • Like x 3
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

The AI says:
    :)
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

This AI gets it ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol, sure. That would totally happen. But if the AI learns from human players, it would follow that with something a lot worse... :/
    • Like x 1
  5. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

The sadness, the missery, the woe.
    • Like x 1
  6. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I’d be down to solo raids with me and my AI friends
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Honestly this AI **** needs to be shut down before it destroys us all.

It's already detected now I've said this. gotta go guys, time to get off the grid!
    • Like x 3
  8. Tolly Committed Player

This happened recently, I came across an article somewhere that talked about this, if an AI starts this early, it promises for the future...
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Billy Idol gets it!
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

For reeeeaaaalz. I can’t think of a quicker and more efficient way for an AI to reach the conclusion that humanity is not only expendable but a blight on this world than exposing it to communities of gen-z gamers.
    • Like x 2
  11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

To be fair - AI's opinions and conclusions will be mostly influenced, if not outright determined by people designing and programming it. And I have a feeling, that those people's minds are already made up about the subject... :)
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Hey now! Don't go blaming us! You should want more young people playing DCUO instead of less.
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

As a late Gen-X/early Millennial...have you not paid ANY attention to online gaming communities since the dawn of the internet? We've always been completely and totally awful to each other.
    • Like x 2
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

"You're not a bot? Prove it! Knock over all the traffic lights in this city block grid!"
    "Oh, what's wrong? You can't do it? They don't move? BOT!"
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I've made the suggestion in the past to have someone like Eclipso show up. He'd be as tall as a building and as he takes damage he'd get smaller and smaller. It would take, like you said, several people to whittle him down to size. The clincher is that randomly he'd jump back and forth between Gotham and Metropolis. And give some clue to where he'd be going...

Eclipso: "I wonder if rutabaga's are in season"

LFG: Eclipso is going to Chinatown's Farmer's Market! He's at 50%!
  16. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

>instance pops<
    >everyone rezzes<
    >healer instantly switches to role he/she queued for without being asked<

Everyone "Kick him, he's an AI bot!"

[IMG]
  17. iEddyGaming Active Player

How about turning the Ally system into Ai?
    For example: Don't have anybody to que a certain duo or alert? Have an option for fully leveled up Ally to que with you.
    The role of the Ally can depend on the character itself. The CR can base on your CR and content you qued for. :D
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Speak for yourself, I'm only ever nice to people.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah they do that in SWTOR with companions.
  20. RTX Well-Known Player

We already have AI in the game, it´s called PvE. Also ChatGPT is language based, no physical actions. Nothing else as Google which shows you the best result in text, based on what´s "correct" in the data base. It is not able to decide on "its own", while a intelligence does with feelings, otherwise the result would be anti-human.

What you want you won´t ever get, due to humans (intelligence/feelings/knowledge) beeing individual.

Example: They going to mimic all types of players, also hackers. They would block that, therefore it won´t be an beeing with own choices/feelings.

Case closed.