PSVR 2 - DCUO In Cinematic Mode is OUTSTANDING

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Doctor Time Lord, Feb 22, 2023.

1. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I bought the first PSVR when it was first released and games in cinematic mode were muddy and suffered from screen drift. About the only thing I wound up using it for was watching 3D Blu Rays . Even then I had to continually recenter the screen.

BUT I tried out my new PSVR 2 on DCUO when I got it today and it really looks and performs beautifully. Crisp visuals, rock solid screen position AND of course the image is HUGE. It's like a brand new game!

I tried it on a few other games and a movie and I have to say that cinematic mode alone is enough reason to buy PSVR 2 if you are considering it.
    • Like x 5
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

This is really fantastic to hear! Another step towards Nerve Gear just line in Sword Art Online (the anime)!
    • Like x 1
  3. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Ah, I see you’re a person of culture too. SAO was actually the anime that got me into MMO’s and really this one. So I can relate
    • Like x 2
  4. inferno Loyal Player

I've always wondered about this, so for clarification: you used the psvr2 WHILE playing the game? How long was the gameplay and did you stop eventually because of any disorientation? Any cons for using it while playing dcuo?
  5. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Yes, I played the game in cinematic mode. No disorientation and I played for about 2 hours.

Disorientation would be more likely in a native VR game. Cinematic mode is sort of like playing on a theater sized screen. Your POV is the same as always and you don't have to move around.

I would caution people who are new to a headset or are claustrophobic to ease into using it. Short sessions until they get used to it.

I don't see any downside for using it while playing DCUO at all.
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I love, love, LOVE SOA! Lol. Kirito+Asuna 4 ever! <3
    • Like x 2
  7. inferno Loyal Player

nice!! ty.
    • Like x 2
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

The duo where you go into Batman's mind to fight The Batman Who Laughs comes out particularly well...

It might be the added blur-effects... but, the whole duo almosts feels like its's in 3D.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

...I think I need one of these. For, uh, official work purposes.
    • Like x 7
  10. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

It seems only logical ;)
  11. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

* cries in xbox *
    • Like x 1
  12. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

This is cool :) I remembering using my samsung 3d pc monitor to play dcuo long time ago and it was awesome too :D
    • Like x 1
  13. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

• Like x 1
  14. Dene Devoted Player

ha ha

I wonder if a few staff could? Would be fun livesteam!
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I did this with my PSVR1, I forgot I had logged out previously in mid air, so found myself falling from the top of the science spire. Scared the Rao out of me.
    • Like x 3
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Unless while playing you're like me and watch a tv program on one computer while reading news on another. Yes, multitasking rules.

Wait...what the hell just killed me???
    • Like x 1
  17. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

LOL!
  18. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Same is one of my favorite animes! Mostly first season and alicization! ggo was ok needed more asuna and kirito.
    • Like x 1