Revert Suppressor Turret and Nature Scs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IcySoda EU, Feb 19, 2023.

1. IcySoda EU New Player

Was looking into see if we can possibly get the changes that were made to the suppressor turret for gadgets and the nature transformation scs reverted. Gadgets might as a whole is quite literally unplayable as the 300 turret power cost constantly gets me killed even in normal content. Doesn't matter who's healing I'm always dead one way or another. On top of that I'm always having power consumption issues with the power as I literally use turret for everything. It wasn't like this before it was fine and I was having fun with the power when it was playable. The nature transformation sc cost now compared to what it was before is just awful. When I'm in content I can't maintain my sc and fall behind all the other dps seeing as how this power is heavily reliant on it's transformations. Even with eog healers I struggle. Hopefully someone sees this and something gets done about these issues as they are really ruining my gameplay experience as I play both powers consistently. Thank you and have a great day.
    • Like x 4
  2. Warped Discord Moderator

Upvoting this.

I do agree that there certainly needs to be some changes to the way suppressor turret works. While this has fixed the unintended clipping aspect of gadgets on the prec side where it wasn’t costing any sort of power to actually clip, this has also had an unintended effect on the might side of gadgets as well where you are solely relying on your power bar rather than a weapon mastery/power mix. There’s no way a troll can keep a gadgets might user powered with the cost consumption of suppressor turret as it currently is.

I agree with nature to an extent as well. I think Nature as a whole needs some balancing out if it’s ever going to be able to keep up with the other powers out there and I think looking at the supercharge transformation aspect of it is a good place to start. I can’t speak for nature but maybe some others here can chime in from a dpsing aspect.

Thanks,
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

Are you still using it to clip? Are you still doing stealth clips that are eating your power? Having it out reduces your power regen, but so does robot sidekick?
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Personally, I would love it, if Nature's transformations were not SCs, or SC cost was reduced. It used to be my favorite powerset, because of those forms and extra loadouts. But that might make Nature DPS quite ridiculously OP in EoG spamming groups, especially with maxed Strat and Trans cards, and particularly in new content, when everyone is under-geared and DOT powersets have an advantage, due to the ability to do major damage while blocking, or dodging. So it would probably mean it would be nerfed in some other ways. Additionally - switching forms often used to cause some lag issues back in the day - maybe that wouldn't be a problem now without PS3 in the picture, but it's hard to tell. WV bestiamorph transformations can get me stuck, unable to do anything for 5 seconds on PS4.

It's kind of funny, because years ago, before artifacts, and before they were SCs (except gorilla and maybe dog, iIrc), forms were not very popular and definitely not meta. I insisted on using them back then and many people were calling for their removal altogether and for making Nature purely plant/DOT-based. Now every Nature DPS is using them and I just can't be bothered with trying to build up SC before I can do anything fun. Consequently my Nature toon is the runt of the litter.

As for the Turret - I haven't heard anyone complaining about Gadgets DPS under-performing. It's one of the most versatile powersets in the game. But I'm not an expert and I mainly play precision Gadgets, in which case, if the power consumption is reduced - I'd be very happy as well, because that toon already does pretty well, with 130 SP and only 1 rank 80 troll artifact.

Balancing powers is a complex issue. Any advantage given to average player can allow for the best ones to become unbeatable. And any adjustments addressing the top players hurt the average players the most.
  5. Kassiopeija Active Player

Hey, I'm currently considering returning to the game after more than 6 years of abscence. I was a Nature DPS (Wolf) and Healer (switching between Insect and Normal form) and wondering if that power is still fun to play? As I recall that was a good solo power as well, though I hardly used that little dog form and Gorilla only on occasion.

What did they do to that power?
    TY
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They need to turn Primal Wolf and Insectoid back to regular abilities. There was no sense in making Nature's selling points figuratively useless.
    • Like x 2
  7. Skoll Well-Known Player

A lot of powers need looking at and changing. Maybe in 2025.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They separated Primal Wolf and Insectoid into two supercharges. When you transform there is a small burst of damage/heal and the stat buffs are 15 seconds now instead of constant. So to take advantage of those abilities you have to switch back and forth.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kassiopeija Active Player

Hmm, 15s isn't really long, how is that viable in PvP or soloing?
  10. Proxystar #Perception

No, I have no issue with looking at things for balance, but you also know full well these things were previously broken and being abused, both nature and gadgets and other issues with gadgets even now continues to be abused.

Could some things be looked at for better balance, sure, along with every other powerset, should they be reverted, absolutely hell, not.
    • Like x 4
  11. Kassiopeija Active Player

I remember when doing 4man instances when there was no healer present still dropping out of Wolf form to heal and then switching back, it was kinda fun. Just the damage in Wolf was way better than with whatever weapon I did use.
    And the Insectoid-forms attack was basically only to replenish mana quickly, though some weapons (IIRC 2 handguns) did that job also well...
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

PvP is dead unless you're a tank or Mental.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

You’re right, they should lower the power cost and make it so that you cant jump cancel clip with it :)
    in other words behave like every other pet and not have a cast bar. Great suggestion. (This coming from an avid gadgets player)

As far as nature transformation yeah I think those should’ve remained as powers but balanced. There should be a balance on certain powers that’s completely the truth.
    • Like x 3
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Pretty sure they should just nerf gadgets into a 4th class citizen instead. Smack it with twelve years worth of affirmative action. It's only fair.
    • Like x 1
  15. Retire Well-Known Player

Will never understand the nerf crowd. Why not just buff every power to even the playing field ? Revert Gadgets and Nature to their glory days !
    • Like x 1
  16. Retire Well-Known Player

YES, even healers being able to set up poison ! The game is too plain now. Things of that nature are what made it fun
  17. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Honestly, just kill gadgets off. It was top DPS during AM's. The mine spam during the early stages of Stats revamp was brutal in PvP and even now, with prec and superspeed you can clip so much, use so much, give off so much damage that its just broken once again. Give other powers a good time in the spotlight for once. Maybe bring back light, rage or hell, make sorcery good without the use of pets. Make water a good viable might dps.

Some powers have been op for way to long. Its time to let other become broken and op.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

The general sentiment that any power irrespective of what it is, "deserves time to shine" is not good for the game.
    • Like x 4
  19. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

It may not be. But if others were more op, you could have more support roles. I get it would be impossible to do that and stupid to do so. I just wish there was a balance. What i suggested is just a temporary fix to the lack of tanks/troll lol
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Buffing the damage of other powersets isn't going to miraculously make people want to play support... What was your logic behind this?
    • Like x 5