HOLY FLASHPOINT BASE MODS, BATMAN!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ash Inferno, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Is it me or are these ridiculously expensive lol. I suppose if you run the content you may reduce some of the cost via some rarer drops but wow, these really are a little over the top (I hear they used to be worse too lmao). I think it's time to just grant the feats for these like they did for the earlier episodes. Sorry to those in advance whom actually earned these the long way around. I get it.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It was a god awful system that will cost you a ton of marks, time and button pressing. Running the content A LOT will get you part of the way there, but I'm not sure how much running would be needed to get all the mods needed. If you are trying to run the content to get there, try to get into Elite runs as much as you can so you can get the .2 or .3 variants which save having to buy a LOT of .0 ones from the vendor.

If you are mostly buying your way to the feats, and don't care which mods you get as you will toss them, past the .1 and .2 plans to use the .0 and .1 drops you'll get, only focus on the health, Dom and Might .3 and .4 plans. As you create boxes, open boxes and then make higher level plans, those are the default choices as you open the .2 and .3 boxes...saves having to move down to a different choice for power, vit, resto or prec. Still a lot of clicking, but a bit less if you can mindlessly hit X X X X without looking and will save you a few 100 marks in the process.
    • Like x 3
  3. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Yeah, as far as plans go that's exactly what I did, though I think I was partly just lucky on my choices lol. By the time I bought the plans, .0's and catalysts I went through 200 marks and think I only made 1 40.3 mod. If they were tradeable at least then it wouldn't be quite so awful. Think I'd rather even just spend 200 marks and just buy the dang mod and be done with it. What a horrible system.
    • Like x 2
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

If you want the feat, put in the work…or learn to live without it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I think that was the first time they introduced that system. I remember thinking it sounded really good when they explained it in the preview but then thinking it needed A LOT of adjustment and tuning, which it got. I do feel like the mod drops are much more bountiful now than they were. Hopefully that’s true and it’s alleviating at least some of the hassle.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Awwwe, did you grind all those marks for all 12 mods? :rolleyes:
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't know. I ran the FP stuff a lot, including Elite as much as I could and I think by the time the episode was passed, I had maybe 2 or 3 .4s knocked out naturally. I'm sure I could have gotten a bit further with resetting Elite raids (as the .3s only seemed to drop there), but even then, I doubt I'd have gotten 12 done. The buy/open/buy/open catalysts and boxes you'd build was a RnD headache. Before they introduced this system, they should have made a way to bulk buy components vs 1 at a time. It would have been much more bearable if I were able to go in and buy the catalysts 100 boxes of 10 a crack, or the .0 mods 100 at a time as it was 1000's to get the job finished....and that's not even including making and opening all the created boxes.

The fact that 'buying' the materials to even make 1/2 of these mods cost multiple 1000's of SM was just nonsense on top of the other nonsense. Worsened now that you will be doing so only to chuck the resulting mods as they are worthless. Seriously, they should just add the .4 boxes to the vendor for 200 or 300 SM each and save everyone some time.
    • Like x 2
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

I’d wait until a Flashpoint spotlight week, then look for an elite raid spam group…save your own marks and time by being patient.
    • Like x 1
  9. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Still hate this system **** off to the dev that thought this up . I do these feats based on which character has the most source marks and I discard rest. Would prefer the old system when there was no 4.4 and the best you got was 4.3 and they all dropped in content. These mode cost alot to make and the first mode that drops in the next dlc will be better then it.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Going to say this in every crafting thread for generator mods, they need to transition to the Augment/Artifact Fortification system. And make them modular, like Augments are. Where you can slot the ones you want/need for true min maxing. As it is, it's NOT alt friendly nor is it good for players that like to build multiple roles or builds.

A controller class? More Health, Precision, and maybe a mix of Dom and Vit for your Controller role! Then you can do Might, Power, and the yellow doesn't matter for DPS.
    • Like x 3
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I personally enjoyed the BOP ones, where you'd get a .1 .2 or .3 box and could pick whichever mod you wanted. Now granted, that left it to pure RNG, but at least you'd only have to get 12 (or 8, as you say, Dps don't really use yellows) lucky drops across the DLC.

However, I do have to say, except for the high SM costs for the plans, the 'new' crafting isn't that bad. Components can either be gathered from drops or bought on alts and transferred (or SM off the vendor), so those who can't grind or don't want to wait for RNG, can complete them, and the process of making them is no where near as annoying as FP. The plans cost could be a bit lower, but even then, a few 100 SM is not the end of the world, if you want the feats and slight stat bump.
    • Like x 3
  12. myandria Item Storage

I am NOT a fan of the base mod crafting system; it's as if we went backwards instead of forwards as far as making crafting more meaningful, in my opinion.

The main reason I feel that crafting mods is not meaningful is because you cannot remove the old ones to break them down to their basic parts so you can use them towards creating new ones. Why bother going through that time/source mark sink when your efforts are in vain because you LOSE all of that work you had put into upgrading those base mods by creating and using new base mods?

Base mods are part of the Lair experience and should be treated as such; they should not have a "punishing" upkeep. I rather pay a certain amount of in-game cash/source marks to upgrade my base mods instead of crafting them.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I like how everyone talking about the current one uses, "it's not that bad". It is, but if you compare it to FP one, it makes the current type look like heaven, when it's still hell.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well I did start it with the fact I liked NO crafting of mods better with the BOP drop ones. But if crafting is going to be a thing, it's obviously better than FP now. Or if we had to buy them with an ONLY grindable currency, like WV or LLL, I'd take this version of crafting over either of those choices. I'd prefer the plans to be cheaper, but I generally buy those on alts and move to my main.

And I can 100% say that if there were not feats attached, I'd be fine with what ever RNGsus decides to eventually drop my way with .1s .2s or .3s. The stat bump on .4s you get is worth neither the time or effort it takes in ANY of the variants we've gotten.
  15. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

On release .3's only dropped in the elite raids. They should probably update to drop in all content if they haven't yet.
    • Like x 1
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Naw, they dropped in non elite content, just the chance of it is WAY lower. So if you are running the critical elite raid, you are almost always getting x.3s.
    • Like x 2
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I usually do those the work for those with an alt.... then buy the feat on my main.
  18. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

The mod-crafting plans for the latest Episodes are also account bound, so if you have a few end game toons, you can easily use one, or two to farm marks and buy them for others, so that those can save their marks for gear. And once you get the feat for 12 xx.4 mods on your main you can unlock it on other toons and all of them can have a discount on the plans.

I like the current mod-crafting system. The R&D components are dirt-cheap on broker, if you buy and stock-pile them ahead of a new episode coming out - and you can make a lot of cash if you have some leftover to sell afterwards.

FP system blows. The mods take up a huge amount of space in my bank, unless I care to combine them as soon as I get them, which is usually not possible, because you need a certain number of one type, before you can do that. I've been gathering them for half a year, without intensively farming, or running elite raids, and now I'm at around 7 40.4s out of 12 for the feat. The SM cost of catalytic solutions is also not negligible. And the fact, that they've been useless for a long time just adds insult to injury.
  19. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

Mod Crafting shouldn't "be a thing". It wasn't before FP and there were no complaints.

Cheers
  20. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

I now have 3 characters running FP weekly, have done so for a few months and I have 4/12 mods for the last feat. Haven't seen a 40.2 or 40.3 yet, although I kinda thought that a few dropped early on, then told myself I must have been imagining it because the only ones I have seen for said months have been 0's and 1's in regular. Will be glad when done, they take up a lot of room in the bank.
    • Like x 2