What happened to the unattuned gear pieces?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aglorenzini, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I stopped playing for about a week or so, now the gear I get from the boxex in Kahndaq come either in DPS or the other specific role. I was getting the unattuned gear before where I could pick the role I want.
    Clearly my CR is not the problem, 388, so what happened?
  2. Limey Committed Player

There was a game update. They changed it. I'd suggest checking out the patch notes, great place for information about intentional changes to the game, plus any noteworthy bug fixes as well.
    • Like x 2
  3. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

They will be reversing it
    • Like x 2
  4. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Thanks, just went there to check it.
    Tbh, what a terrible idea. Feels like they're trying to kill the game faster.
    • Like x 1
  5. Limey Committed Player

Realistically, the whole "killing the game" attitude from the community is far more detrimental to the game that a bad choice that they eventually roll back. Every MMO in existence has made bad developmental choices that end up being rolled back. Don't act like DCUO is worse than the others for doing the exact same thing.
    • Like x 6
  6. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I actually kinda like the attuned gear drops, but only on characters that don't need it to gear up.
    Saves some hassle of opening each box and lets you see the style right away. :oops:

For lower CR toons trying to get CR up it is horrible.
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If it was a toggle option then it would be an amazing addition for the reason you said. But if it’s one or the other, it’s more beneficial to have it changed back since it helps the players who actually need the gear.
    • Like x 3
  8. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Yes I totally agree :)

Maybe it also could switch automatically once you reach a certain CR? Then again someone might have CR but no gear (like, getting gear for second role or accidentally having salvaged it).

Anyway, unnattuned boxes are lesser evil :oops:
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Unfortunately……
    Current model is now way faster an simpler to delete it from inventory AND you can see if you need the style or not.
    Oh well, back to the less efficient way an where we have no idea if we need the style smh
    • Like x 2
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

+1 to your idea
  11. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Just an absolutely bad decision by the devs that came with the last update. After overwhelming public outrage, Mepps said they will reverse it (but who the hell knows when).
    • Like x 2
  12. MrGhosty Active Player

Sad to hear they're changing it back eventually, it made inventory management that little bit less annoying after a big run. How does this change hurt gearing up though?
  13. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

If you need a piece of gear for a specific role, eg. you need a chest piece for your healer role, you can no longer select that. You could be given a DPS chest piece for every drop. Not a big deal after you are past greens and blues, but slows down leveling roles if you are not past those CRs yet.
    • Like x 2
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Tomorrow's hotfix will have this reverted.
    • Like x 2
  15. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Damn now I have the work a full time job hitting X to open gear again and keep my inventory clean. I was really happy with the new change. I guess I'll just not run as much content to keep my inventory clean it's a real chore these gearboxes hitting X 3x. takes alot out of you it a burn out. I guess I'll go back to lagging it out and log out while it glitches from opening so many fast. that way I don't have to hit X so many times. Can we get an option to turn off gear drops and other useless drops keeping our inventory clean is not fun at all
    • Like x 1
  17. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. L T Devoted Player

You don't. I was also greatly enjoying the change while it lasted.
    • Like x 1
  19. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Must not have any toons to level up then.
    • Like x 2
  20. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Getting attuned gear sound more benefical and easier for your inventory when you pass required CR to open purples gear at max CR possible. We all know that. Like right now, 90% of SOBA runners pass that milestone.

I would like to hear whats the overall feedback would be if this change pushed when an episode was fresh. Yes much more negative and LOUD...
    Tbh its not rocket science to see and memorize the styles of 2 gear set. Once you open an unattuned piece of green/blue gear you see what style it is. Then go your feats and look which piece of style you are missing. I know we shouldnt deal with any of that but looks like the decision they took is more benefical for game itself compared to saving a few clicks.
    • Like x 2