Valentine's Vender Items Need to be Account Bound

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Belthazur, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I recently Created a New Toon and have Found to my Dismay and Loss of Precious Hearts that Many Items Excluding the Base Items & Collection are NOT Tradable to another Toon.

Can we Please Please Please Get ALL these Seasonal Vender Items Labeled Account Bound at the Very Least.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Do you have an example? Are you referring to this year's items or past.
  3. Belthazur Dedicated Player

For example I bought Lover's Bowler and It was locked from Trade. The Problem seems to be in the 2019-back items. Excluding the Base Items and the Collection Piece a few years back.
    Specific in the 2020 are:
    Gloves of Clubs, Belt of Spades, Boots of Diamonds, Glowing & Broken Heart Emblems, Wings of Glitter, Pretty Kitty Back Pack.
    Also the Psychedelic Heart Accessory.
  4. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Actually all these styles need to be shared so we can replay badge them on alts (and every other seasonal style too).
    • Like x 4
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are in the process of looking at and standardizing seasonal items, which right now is looking like most full no trade things will become account bound. Right now these trade rules are how they are intended, though, so I bumped this out of bugs as it is more a request.
    • Like x 10
  6. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Thank You for Looking into this and Getting Work started on it.
    Much Appreciated.
  7. beardrive Committed Player

I love that, as some characters need more styles than others.

I've responded here adding that the antimonitor event was confusing that some of the statues of triumph were tradable and some were not. I hope next year all of them will be tradable. If it was a mistake that this year's were tradable, then that is sad. Lol they are a symbol and a mark of ability, and to be honest shouldn't be traded, but since you've opened it up it would be great if all of the statues of triumph were tradable as well.
    • Like x 1
  8. Prindacerk Committed Player

There are list of items I was able to find that are not tradable. Not only in Velantines but also in Anniversary one. In Anniversary,
    - Upper Containment Tubes and Lower Containment Tubes style items
    - Anti-Matter Accessory
    - Statue of Triumph base items

I bought the Anniversary items on my main without realizing I couldn't trade them. Waste of more than 200 tokens and I have these items sitting in the bank.

For Valentines, the list I made are the following.
    - Hands, Waist, and Feet style items from the Love Conquers All 2020 set
    - 5 styles from the Love Conquers All 2017 event
    - Shimmering Amity Aura style
    - Psychedelic Heart Accessory

I don't understand why they need to be locked from trading. At least make them account bound.
    • Like x 1
  9. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

can you do that to all seasonals in the game?it would make everyone happy to be honest
    • Like x 1
  10. Belthazur Dedicated Player

This is Exactly Why i Brought this Issue Up. Many of Us have Alts and Re-Grinding or Buying the Marks is just not an option.
    • Like x 1
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are you also considering updating seasonal styles with style-unlock for replay badges in the future?
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We do not have plans to add seasonals to style unlocking right now.
    • Like x 2
  13. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

a good way to fix this issue is to to put seasonal styles account bound & we wouldn’t be asking for seasonal styles to be replay badges unlockable
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Sad face.

Think of all the additional replay badges you'd sell!

Wouldn't you prefer people give you money instead of more time playing?

Seriously, there are so many seasonal rewards now, there's no other way even old-time players can keep up with the slew of neat seasonal styles and furniture.
  15. Random Mind Dedicated Player

The grind.... never forget the grind.
    • Like x 2
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the 10 years of me playing this game, i never ever went ahead to grind a seasonal style other than for the feat-sake. Seasonals in general just feel like a punishment to me. I would consider unlocking a few styles for replay badges but not to grind them or buy the currency for DBC/MC just to get that style...

...and thats okay. I dont need to have the styles. Making the styles account-bound is already a huge step for anyone that has to catch up on seasonals.
  17. Random Mind Dedicated Player

This year's Wet Paint material is a style I'm willing to grind for because I can't tell you have many styles I've discarded because of some styles' built-in textures. Hopefully the paint effect isn't too bad to ruin its potential. If I had one toon, there would be no grind, but I have a lot of toons and I would like to get the material for most if not all of them and maybe sell a few.