Reflecting On State Of The Game and DB

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bathroom Dad, Feb 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Probably, the DCUO should have been renamed Wanga or Nosterdamus universe onlin long ago ... the main thing here is to make the prophecy more cloudy, and when the end does come, with an air of importance, tells everyone, I predicted this at the dawn of the game ...
    • Like x 2
  2. not serious Well-Known Player

but yes is hard q 8ppl last day
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Jesus Christ people are still blaming the stacked clam for the reduction in the community size even though it's been reducing since like 2015... You know it's you know a feature that's only a year old's fault for the last f****** 7 years xD
  4. JDIRS Well-Known Player

There is definitely some money-grabby stuff that DCUO could do that would also be good for the game, or at least build diversity, like the previously hinted at additional armory or artifact slot. I mean, selling emotes is fine, but having more stuff that affects combat too may cast a wider net as far as those mostly in it for the game play.

Also, if there is nothing new to communicate, lack of communication is probably for the best. There is likely no need to restate "no current plans" in every other thread.
  5. Dene Devoted Player

double post
  6. Random Mind Dedicated Player

When I look at DCUO, I see a game with a lot of potential that is being held back by a game engine that is about 16 years old. It is not just the graphics capability of it, it is the inability to attract new talent to the DCUO team because of it. I mean, who wants to learn how to build CRT televisions when we now have 8K TVs available? I appreciate the work the developers do with the limited resources they have to work with. This isn't Fortnite or WoW or Final Fantasy, it is a niche MMO, that despite everything, has managed to stick around for over 11 years.

My major disappointment with this game will always be its monetization model and its focus on "whales". Instead of having a robust Marketplace, they instead focus on putting items in loot boxes, and not even the whole item, you have to complete collections of 12 in order to get the item. In this current Time Capsule, if you wanted to get everything from just opening Time Capsules, the minimum you would have open would be 68 I believe, and fat chance of that ever happening, more likely you would have to open 200+. I have said it before, I would be a lot more accepting of the loot boxes in this game.... sorry.... Time Capsules.... if they would just balance it out with a strong Marketplace or with more ways to earn stabilizers. Mini-rant over.
    • Like x 4
  7. Dene Devoted Player

My personal experience is that it ALWAYS mattered.. even 5-6 years ago, i'd try to complete weekly stuff (actually right now in the week) and see nothing.... but funnily enough, when Omnibus started , older raids were easier to get at weird times

THIS is what i've been saying from that very first million page thread.. Stat Clamp haters are just taking EVERY negative of the game and magically attaching it to Stat clamp.. Also, further to this, they are completely ignoring the benefits and will be the first to whine when those benefits disappear
    • Like x 2
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I don't know about 2015 being the start of the decline, my memories of back then was of a robust game. I do remember for a fact there was a decline in the player base in 2017 when Stats Revamp took place, I lost a lot of league mates back then who simply stopped playing. And again when PvP got abandoned. Could it be that PvP had a greater adverse impact on overall gamer population than any other decision made by the powers that be?

Speaking only for myself, I was never really into PvP but other seem to really enjoy it. I play DCUO because I love being a super hero, I love feeling strong and powerful. I love being strong and powerful. Perhaps with improved story telling and more compelling missions interest in the game by new players will results and our population will continue to grow.
    • Like x 1
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

Sounds like you’re due for a break. Take a break now and come back in the Spring for the new episode. :)
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

hm, my queue times are usually around a minute or less..
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I think people just get burnt out. There seems to be a mentality now of, and I am guilty of this as well, that as soon as a new DLC drops, we must get all the open world bounty feats as soon as possible because the population will not be sufficient to do them after a few weeks. This mind set becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. I don’t know how to change this mind set.

I know I will most likely never get the full feats from Injustice and Pride, I can’t handle the visuals long enough to join a spam group before I start getting an extremely painful headache. There are certain boss fights in FF 14 I can’t handle either for the same reason.

So I will have to slowly work on these 2 bosses and hopefully get all of their associated feats before this dlc drops off of being End Game.
    • Like x 1
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Might I suggest that you join a spam group... and kinda keep your distance..

Sounds a little unfair to the group... but, you'll get your counts... and they'd probably not notice a player off in the corner focusing on the adds.
    • Like x 1
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

That is an option, but I don’t think I could do that in good conscience to people in the group.
    • Like x 1
  14. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I don't know if the game is truly dying, numbers wise. I will say that from my experiences in game, it seemed there was a huge (understandably) spike in players during the lock-down portion of Covid and then a big drop off from that when things started going back to normal. Is the population lower today than it was pre-Covid spike? I honestly don't remember. I do feel like I used to be able to que for the most recent raids (event or normal) and have them pop really quickly. Not so much these days.

My personal opinion on what should be done? Just shut down. Launch DCUO 2.0 if they feel there's money it. Otherwise, it's been fun.

Yes, I've invested a lot in this game (time and money) over the years. But I, personally, don't see them doing anything to the game to really cause an influx of new players, which this game desperately needs. I play less and less with each passing month and I spend less as well. This year's roadmap has me realizing my playtime this year will be minimal. My friends have mostly left, so I don't really have that aspect anymore.

One more thing on another poster's comment: Toxic players and snobs do a lot to drive players away.

While every game (really anywhere online) has toxic people, I have to say, just from my experience, DCUO seems to attract a special kind of a-hole.
    • Like x 4
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

These are the people arguing that their ideas make the game better.;)
    • Like x 1
  16. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

It was an idea TO HELP A FELLOW PLAYER OUT...

Also.. I did say that she could focus on the adds.. which still helps the group out.

Y'know... That idea does make the game better for everyone. :D
    • Like x 2
  17. Emoney Dedicated Player

Last night I was Qd for 6th dimension raid for 150 minutes (according to the on duty timer) before I finally gave up and logged off. Currently it's one of the raids I still need quite a few feats for, and theres no reason it shouldn't have found 7 other people in that time. I have no idea what's going on, but it doesnt seem like everything's working as intended.
    • Like x 3
  18. zNot Loyal Player

If you q regular for 150min and no pop then thats a concern i think now its the time where dc starts to decline noticeably the road map from 2023 was disapointing and the already boring 2022 year is catching up many people cant take another 2022.
    • Like x 2
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

They’re even less when you w as a support role… I put tank and dps I’m in within 30 seconds. On most current content. If more people knew both their roles… everyone would get in faster and then once in that could figure out who wants to do what. But as it is now this game is over stocked with dps and they all think they are a beast and the instance won’t get done with out them out there breaking backs.

Last night I got in as a tank and it ended up being two of us … so I just said which do you wanna do be said dps and boom we started
    • Like x 1
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I’m with you on this those visuals are a little over whelming
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.