Can Get Serious About TC Styles?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bathroom Dad, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Bathroom Dad Active Player

With the monthly rewards being added to the vendor in the HoL after a certain amount of time has passed, the devs have pretty much laid out the groundwork for making old TC styles available to players.

What I think will work best is swapping quarks for source marks. Why? Bc if you want current, new, or returning players to stay invested in this game, you can’t limit them on styles because they didn’t have the money then or weren’t even playing. Sure you can set the amount to like 2,000 source marks or whatever. But these old styles absolutely need to be accessible to the player base.

Hell I don’t care if they keep quarks. But make quarks available to purchase in the MP, or make old content drop quarks.

Do SOMETHING to give us a chance obtain these styles outside of buying hundreds of TC’s.

This will also cut down on the ridiculous inflation of the broker and black market for style items.
    • Like x 1
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

You can buy quarks with source marks.
    • Like x 4
  3. Bathroom Dad Active Player

You can’t be serious about that conversion rate. You’d be better off just buying the capsules.
    • Like x 3
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's just the one collection piece that is so devastating. I always end up with everything else in there pretty fast. I wish they would do something about that but... nobody would gamble if there wasn't a jackpot, I guess.

Either way... assuming you're pretty gung-ho about collecting everything else, it won't be too long before it gets to the point where the only thing that you need (that cash can buy) is those collections themselves. You have months worth of resources to sell before the next one drops. It's far from inaccessible. It's just a pain.
    • Like x 1
  5. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I really well l want them to put up collection pieces on the broker, so you can finish off what you're missing. Make the rare just as much (or ideally, slightly less) than the whole thing, and all the other pieces for like... 100-200 maybe.
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Eh you can already convert source to quarks
  7. Bathroom Dad Active Player

Why would you support that conversion rate. It’s total BS. ITS LIKE SAYING YEAH I REALLY LIKE BEING GATEKEPT. Have fun with that broken logic.
    • Like x 1
  8. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

People keep throwing around the G word nowadays over the most silly things. Gatekeeping has big canotations. Discrimination and ostracisation come to mind.

It's a few styles, dude. It is well within your power to learn how to make cash in-game and buy the necessary pieces to your puzzle. So dramatic.
    • Like x 1
  9. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I think the SM conversion is okay... like you're basically converting source marks into real cash (which is like TC equivalent). Considering how pretty much all catalysts are dirt cheap now (which I think is another issue worth bringing up), one of the best places to spend source marks now is for quark conversion.
    • Like x 1
  10. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Booster Gold vendor has existed long before the HoL Dr Fate vendor. It gets updated every resurgence. Monthly rewards are not equal to TC rewards. There is no precedent set here otherwise.
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

To be honest, the Marketboard is kinda linked to TC now. Real money is kinda faux DCUO wealth now.

the more money you throw at the TC, your chances are better at getting rare stuff, and then flipping that on the Market-board to make more ingame cash.
    • Like x 1
  12. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... Keep your top on...

I returned to the game in July last year. I haven't bought a single stabilizer and never got anything rare/expensive out of the capsules I opened with the stabilizers I got from daily rewards. Yet I managed to complete all the TC emblems and almost all gear sets that give skill points, plus a bunch of TC collections - from broker. And I don't even care about the styles - all my toons are wearing mostly the clothes they got during creation.

The only things "gate-keeping" you from doing the same is a subscription and some effort. The game needs rewards that are hard to get, otherwise any half-decent player would be done with it in a few months, making DCUO even more of a ghost-town than it already is.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Your choices are open Time Capsules which could cost you real money or use Source Marks which you can farm indefinitely for free. Be grateful you even have the option.
    • Like x 4
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

As others have stated, the Source mark conversion is the easy In-game method and its also a Source Mark dump. We get plentiful Marks now but yes, it does take the grind.

The idea I had, which I'll be pitching in meetings (lol), is to allow Quarks to be purchased in the MP. Having these as a secondary purchasable Currency could bring in more revenue and give another option for Players to buy items of the 2 Quark Vendors. You then have:

- Ingame Grind method
    - RNG Time Capsules
    - MP Currency for purchase

Thats really a big disconnect regarding the TC styles. We have them in game on a vendor now, but the only method to get Quarks is more RNG in newer Capsules or the Mark conversion. Im not even sure what the metric is regarding getting Quarks in TCs when selecting them over the other items.
  15. Rainnifer Committed Player

You can technically already buy Quarks though, since they come in time capsules. I think you get at the minimum 10 quarks for every capsule, you can choose the extra 10 quarks if you want but otherwise it's basically 1$ for 10 quarks with a chance at more (it can drop up to 100.) With the ability to buy them in the marketplace I can't imagine it would be any reasonable amount like how the source marks are, they might even decide to make the capsules drop less because of it but that would be ridiculous.

It's an awfully low amount and I think I've only ever made enough quarks to buy like 3 things from the vendor, using a lot of source marks for help. I don't buy time capsules though.

We're definitely "lucky" to even have the source mark conversion...
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have every feat related item from every TC and probably haven't spent a dime on stablizers/tcs since maybe the Qwardian or 'team up' ones....which were long ago. I'm not even sure I've opened a TC since WV...and still don't have Nubia from opening 25 WVs. Granted, it's getting harder and harder to get the 'last piece' collection as many are out of broker range...at least for most of the TC's lifespan, but smart farming and selling of items should get you pretty much everything else. What ticks me off if that most items from the TC are worth nothing lately...so that 'gather-sell-buy upwards' process is being narrowed on what you can gather and sell anymore.

FWIW, I think in addition to the full 'big ticket' items sold in Booster Gold, they should sell the 1 extremely rare collection piece as well, maybe at 3/4 or 1/2 the price of the full item. Yeah you COULD in theory gather the other 11 collection pieces, and then buy the top one from booster...2 years later...then make some kind of profit on selling the resulting style drop, but seriously...how many would do that?

As far as the conversion rate on Quarks for SM....it's a bit pricey, but SM are easy to farm, so probably not out of line. If they continued to make changes like the FOS3/DD reductions to other easy farm spots, I'd be more against the pricing....but as it stands, SM ARE easy to get.

Anyone who gets sucked into the TC spend/lose/spend/lose vortex has only themselves to blame. Get the stuff free...or let it go.
    • Like x 1
  17. myandria Item Storage

Hmm....were you playing the game when we DIDN'T have a conversion option? Perhaps not. However, if you were playing the game when the Booster Gold Vendor was launched, may I remind you how 'difficult' it was to get quarks because they were only available from Time Capsules at that time.

THe source mark to quark conversion is the only way for players to get quarks without buying Time Capsules, and saving up quarks from time capsules is just as tedious. It's up to the RNG Spirits to grant you more than the 10 quarks you get from each capsule. The rate of conversion may not be to anyone's liking, but as others pointed out; it's better than nothing.
    • Like x 1
  18. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Quarks are not a short term goal. They are a money sink or, as business people call it "Bad luck protection". You are "forced" to buy keys to get the quarks to get multiple rewards. It will take roughly a year to get them naturally (Regarding you dont trade for SM).

I do think there should be mini events for quarks at some point that grants quarks for ingame achievments/chance. That would be nice
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

There are actually 3 ways to get Quarks now:
    1. Through the opening of TC.
    2. Through the exchange of 100 SM for 25 Quarks.
    3. Through the exchange of 2 Destiny Tokens for 150 Quarks.
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

TCs come with the 10 Standard from opening. The extra Quarks you would have to select them which range from small to large quantities, over the other items like Gear, Collections, Emblems, etc. Buying TCs is the "only" method of buying Quarks which is still the TC method. Buying Quarks from the MP would fall under generalized $ for Amount of Quarks. The Range is up for discussion for higher ups to decide but i certainly see it on the same scale as MOBAs or even their own Marketplace Cash/Daybreak Cash. Quarks purchased on the MP would also utilize those currencies too. Im not looking for another $ to Currency thing since we already have it. That way Members can use their Monthly stipend to buy Quarks too or also including a monthly stipend of Quarks.

5 for 500 Quarks
    10 for 1000
    20 for 2500
    so forth

Just as an examples, figures may vary.

Source Marks on the MP is honestly a horrid idea and should be removed but honestly is the closet "Buying Quarks" there is but you fight the Conversion Rate at that point which is honestly a waste of money.