Make Neo-Venom Boost a 30 second cooldown

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CodedKills, Jan 29, 2023.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, Water Elemental............

Certain power sets need better SC options also. Celestial could do with a decent SC for single target damage.

But as you say these are hopes and dreams.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh....6 eggs? Now...there's a real flex. Didn't know you were IRL millionaire as well as world a champ body builder.
    • Like x 1
  3. CodedKills Well-Known Player

Almost every power in this game uses Neo Venom Boost, the powers that don't use Neo are powers that have a similar but better supercharge like Elec (Circuit Breaker), Rage (Berzerk), Ice (Ice Elemental), Nature (Gorilla). These powers are already meta, if the change is implemented this would help every other power besides those listed above. Precision stands to gain as well.
  4. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Exactly, so this doesn't fix anything and would likely widen the gap.

Again, it's a SC that every single power would have access to. So if I was playing Electric Prec, I could add on Circuit Breaker and the new Neo Venom to my Loadout. Rotating from one to the other as each cooldown was going. With EoG remaining as it is, this wouldnt even require effort. I'd have access to 40% increased damage and then immediately 55% increased damage. Other powers would only have Neo Venom. The Gap remains, and has just gotten worse.

I get where the idea is coming from, I really do, but its just far too late for something like this to fix anything. The idea still has merit, but only so long as the egregious outstanding problems are fixed first. If this was implemented today it'd be an absolute disaster.
  5. CodedKills Well-Known Player

If you were to actually test this idea live you'd see that it isn't as great as you think. Wearing both Circuit breaker and neo isn't ideal, neither is ice elemental and neo. I haven't tested Neo and gorilla but I wouldn't doubt its not good either. For berzerk you could be right since Berzerk doesn't actually increase damage output like neo does. But even with the case of berzerk i'd say that it's fair due to the risk of being so close to a boss.
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Neo and Ice Elemental only works for mid range with Mercy artifact proc. Otherwise if your Ice Might Ice Elemental would be your priority.

Of course really depends how extreme your SC regeneration is.

For me personally as Ice getting into Ice Elemental would be the first priority, then Blizzard while in form if I can. Anything else is bonus (Neo, Deep Freeze). Freeze Ray can do OK damage but not realistic in a raid to be stood in that channel.

Similarly for Elec Neo-CB and Nature Neo-Gorilla, both might work out at midrange with Mercy proc.

This is IF players even have the Mercy artifact levelled to begin with, it is a niche artifact.
  7. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

I'll leave all the assumptions to you considering you know what I tested apparently. I prefer questions. Why would having the 2 SCs on the loadout not work in your mind?
  8. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Its not that it "doesn't work"... it's that the more dominant supercharge is off cooldown in 12 seconds... you aren't going to want to waste 50% on Neo Venom Boost when Circuit Breaker is almost ready. Not to mention that it takes another loadout slot.
    • Like x 1
  9. CodedKills Well-Known Player

It could be done the buffs do stack yes but the damage gained from that isn't as good as popping neo/cb/ie/gorilla/wolf/zerk + a super that does damage. The powers that have those special supercharges would/should choose their power specific supercharge because it has better attributes: lower cooldown, better buff, longer buff. In most cases, powers that don't have these supercharges have better supercharges that do damage like neo into entomb. I won't act like once this change is implemented that all might powers are going to contend with the meta precs and meta mights but it will close a gap for most powers. The powers that this won't bring up to date are lacking in their own individual powers supercharges. I'd like to go deeper in to what changes I think should be implemented to those but i'll wait until I see some action from DC.
  10. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Yeah so again, it's a plaster, not a fix. You've just bottlenecked a bunch of players into only being able to use one supercharge in a game that genuinely has aesthetically and mechanically diverse Powers. I'm not saying you've done this on purpose or with intention, nor am I questioning your intelligence or knowledge of the game. You probably know as much as I do for all I know. But this won't fix a thing.

You are correct btw, the 2 SCs do stack. They also have the same 15 second buff timer too. Up till now I've been genuinely surprised this hasn't ended up in the famous SS+EoG+Art Swap Meta. You get 95% damage increase, and if you're grouped up with an EoG Team you make back the SC to do Circuit Breaker again, and back to hit both again. 95% damage increase for 15 secs. And the fix to any gap is to make that easier to do?

I'm not saying "never touch NVB" btw. I'm saying there's bigger problems to sort first. NVB can wait until 2025 or something. At this stage the foundation of the house has fallen apart and is sinking, and you're talking about installing a new front window.
  11. CodedKills Well-Known Player

I've haven't bottlenecked anyone, players are already using neo.

Like I said this isn't ideal.

Until 2025? Cmon now
  12. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Would prefer to say sooner but I'm just being realistic about things. Wouldn't expect the required changes to be completed until the end of 2024.