Pride Boss Complaint

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Humanoid Energy Amoebas are real
  2. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

the Toxic Venoms send their regards
  3. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

Yes, the ones around the outside are the same type of ads that's also spawned from pride boss. It's no different to the construct boss in lod open world
  4. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

where are the Xbox Demons? I want to see Xbox Demons I want pictures of Cthulhu he's a menace! a menace to the entire world!

[IMG]
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I always hated open world bounties for the main purpose you got to kill them like 50-100 times. Sorry that isn;t skilled at all. It's long and boring. But Pride takes the cake, doing it the first day, it was my first time ever I thought about quitting DCUO all together. I was asking myself, is it really worth continue playing?

Can't see what is going on, constantly being cced by tornadoes, keep your distance, still get sucked it. Too many adds to even see where the boss is. On top of that, had to make it where you need to kill it 55 times. So much for playing a game for fun.

The worse part, I still have 30 more to go to get the final feet. :eek::(:mad:
  6. MiLady Well-Known Player

When I thought that the Barbatos open world boss was a pain, then Pride comes along and says, I can make it even worse.

I understand that the devs are trying to make something unique and challenging, but breaking their own mechanics to make it happen is not good. What I mean is that the tornados ignore your 5 second breakout immunity or breakout immunity trinket. C'mon really?!?!

I have an idea for the next boss (note: I am being sarcastic here):
    1) Apply a hard stun, where you cant breakout for a few seconds and the adds just pummel you.
    2) Ignore breakout immunity and continue to attack.
    3) Do not allow counter attacks, but counter the player's counter
    4) Ground all flight powers and slowdown all speedsters.
    5) Ignore shields and defense
    6) Constantly use a DOT so that players who dont have a healer in the group will eventually be KO'd (after using sodar and supply drop)
    7) Constantly run around so that you have to keep chasing.
    8) Using an orbital will reflect back to you.
    9) Using a supply drop will give the boss immunity for a few seconds.
    10) If you dont block during a skull attack, everyone is KO'd.
    Let me know if you need more suggestions on what players enjoy when fighting a boss. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I got another terrible headache from the Pride boss, those tornadoes do it to me every time. I had to play with my eyes closed and hope for the best lol. I managed to get credit for the fight, which at this point is all that really matters to me anymore. I will not be able to get the 55 kill feat, it's just too much, I can't handle the strobe effect.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

No, they have done this in the past and it is terrible. Especially when the relevant rewards that go with it when you out gear it makes it not desirable to replay it.

No thanks. They just need to not make it frustrating to artificially increase difficulty.
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Get your shots in, then either take a knee, or work on Mummies or Tomb Raiders, it's a cheap tactic...but so are the Pride mechanics....so you'll be even.;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Yep, I tried your suggestion this morning and I still got credit even though I had left the area and was fighting mummies. IDK if there is maximum distance to be away from Pride before one is disqualified from receiving credit. But near the mummies with Pride still insight on the mini map worked :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I haven't tested the max limit, but I believe it covers at least as far as the center canal towards the tomb raiders, and probably to the big hole in the ceiling part of the mummies. I doubt it reaches far enough to cover the demons area and I know it does not reach to the spawn in point....maybe the steps in that area.

On weeklies, I'll generally group up, and do the 2 side missions while someone else does pride to maximize the output, but I make sure to stay close enough. Same with Injustice, I'll work on him while someone else is working on the animal head baddies, or vice versa...makes quick work of the grind (that day anyway) AND might help with not giving you a headache for Pride at least.
    • Like x 1