James Gunn Announcement.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bloodwynd71, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

2. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

3. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

4. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

5. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Someone mute/ban this guy lol.
    • Like x 4
  6. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

7. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

There's some stuff I liked seeing. Big fan of the Creature Commandos and the Authority. If this can somehow lead to us seeing them in game I'd love it. Overall I'm just not excited. I know I'm a harsher critic than most. Took a long time for me to warm up to Cavil. Not sure why. There's just something off about the way he looks. He's handsome enough but it looks like he's carved out of wax to me. I thought Godot as Wonder Woman was spot on but I put the first movie in the "mediocre" category (mostly due to changes in her origin) and 1984 and Justice league (both cuts) killed any excitement I had for the actress. Hate Levy as Shazam, couldn't sit through Aquaman (although I think Momoa as Lobo could work) and the moment I first learned Ezra Miller would be the Flash (which I believe was way back in 2006-7) a chill went down the back of my spine.

I liked Gunns Suicide Squad. Redeemed Harley after the dumpster fire that was Birds of Prey...but I just don't feel its a right fit but then who knows. I thought Geoff Johns was going to do great things.

And then to cancel the Doom Patrol because of all this...
    • Like x 3
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  11. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

12. inferno Loyal Player

Maybe this will lead to daybreak having better access to more dc related assets; that's if Daybreak is willing to spend a little more towards the game.

I've always felt that the company is not taking enough advantage of their DC license and experience. I intend to stay until the end but I don't stay because of gameplay; i stay because of DC.
    I've always been ok with the game's graphics, it reminds me of comics and animation part of DC.
    If I stayed for gameplay; i would want more content regardless of challenge or complexity; i just want to do more. I would have wanted more of everything offered to us in each dlc.
    But I know that none of the above is feasible nor will they invest so much in a 12 year old game. But getting more connection to the DC universe should be an easy, though slightly more expensive, direction for he game.
    • Like x 1
  13. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

I Am Xbox Can
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I highly doubt DCUO will change in the slightest. Gunn also made it pretty well known that there will be "Elseworlds" titles. I think he was more implying future games would have labels on connection to the other platforms of the DCU.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So it will be a tightly knit slate of not very good movies/tv and to some extent....video games. I can hardly wait.
    • Like x 1
  16. Eve YouTuber

I doubt he is even aware of the game lol
    • Like x 3
  17. Tolly Committed Player

So overrated Cavill for Superman, I guess people have never seen Superman before or read about Superman, or what was done before is a deception? he clearly doesn't do a Superman. I'm not sure if it's a good thing that he's a Superman or not, but he makes the character way too cold compared to what Superman is, especially with his dual personality, I would see Cavill as a Superman villain/angry, but not a nice Superman, I hope the next actor will be more in line with the character and I wish him a lot of courage to fulfill this task which I think will be very difficult for him if the pill doesn't go down well with the public...
  18. Eve YouTuber

To be fair, he hasn't had the chance to be the Superman we all know and love. He was dead for a movie and a half.
  19. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

who is the Freak?
  20. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Metanite what are you doing?