Base Off: A Decade In Décor CELEBRATION!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Achikah, Nov 18, 2022.

1. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Yes please
    • Like x 3
  2. Achikah All About That Base

Thank you all for making the first night of streams amazing! So many fantastic bases and really great company made the night fly by. If anyone missed it, the VODs are linked down below.

Day two will be happening tonight at the same time, 8pm PST, over on Twitch with 10 more bases! If you're free, swing by and say hi!

!!!
    I'm really glad you were finally able to catch the live! That's exciting!

And ya. Base Offs are so fantastic. I'm constantly learning new things from other decorators, getting new ideas, new ways to use items or think about the building space differently. It's really great. Every entry was fabulous and I super look forward to tonight's batch of entries!

You got it! I'll add you to the roster. You'll be closing out the celebration! =)
    • Like x 5
  3. Rejchadar Inquisitor

In case I can't attend the stream...
    You can pass through the red curtains ... and you need to pass ;)
    Where a passage ... or a niche ... is blocked by an ice wall ... you can also go through without destroying anything ...
    There is a teleport in the base ... not quite in an intuitive place ... but I tried to designate it with a recognizable designation and an arrow :p
    • Like x 3
  4. Achikah All About That Base

Heck yesss. I'll make a note of all that alongside the Triumphs not being DC based ;)
    Really looking forward to finally seeing your base!
    • Like x 3
  5. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Well today after work it looks like I’ll be double checking. Making sure everything is worthy of being the closer. :)
    • Like x 4
  6. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I was able to catch most of the first base reviewed before having to go to bed. I wanted to ask whoever made the manor base what the name of the tall wall items were called in brown. I ended up using too many Luxurious room dividers and i feel that are too low. I need the taller walls for manors.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Hmmm...I overslept:oops: (yesterday we had so much snow piled up ... tired like a convict removing all this snow ...)...woke up just watching the HellClown base...but as it turned out ,after the end of the stream, the stream can be watched again, so I just finished watching...the bases are great...ha!!! feats in elite +? this is garbage compared to the amount of work that is needed in order to collect the required amount of base items, and then build such bases ... by the way, you missed two war elephants in my base ... and I'm not kidding, in the starting room in the niches where the generators are, behind the ice walls(you can pass through them without destroying) are two war elephants ...
    • Like x 2
  8. Achikah All About That Base

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who turned out for the second night of this month's Base Off. I was having a pretty rough day, but you guys really brightened it up a ton, both with your creations and your company.

Tomorrow night will be the last rounds for bases, same time as usual (8pm PST over on Twitch.)

As for the VODs, I'll do my best to get them uploaded asap but it might take a bit longer given the editing needed due to the disconnect. My apologies in advance.

I believe that was Ryll's base that was first and he used a lot of Mysterious Arches and Half Arches for the beginning walling. I know other tall wooden dividers you can use are Housing Fences from the Summer Seasonal, and you can also turn Standing Pub Bars around and use their backing for taller, wooden walling. =)

Awesome! You'll actually be second to last if that's ok- I had a request from on of the contestants to go last so they could catch the stream live. Still, super looking forward to finally seeing Danger Manor!!
    • Like x 2
  9. Achikah All About That Base

Oh maaaaaan!!! I can't believe I missed the elephants, WAR elephants at that! I thought the ice wall you were referring to was the one going form the right side icebox to the council chambers. D: The alcoves/lil rooms didn't even occur to me... but now, knowing you said niches... Maaan, I'm sorry. I'll definitely be sure to show them for your showcase, as well as go back through more thoroughly when judging. The disconnect also kinda grated on me a bit throughout the night so I wasn't on my A game -.-

My apologies. I'll be sure to do it justice in the Showcase in the next coming months. It was a phenomenal base. I would have never known you struggled with the creativity or story with it having walked through. Really well done, and again, I'll be sure to go visit the war elephants nice pass (I'll even treat them to some of the popcorn that's cluttered up my inventory, haha!)
    =)

Also, I hope you feel better from your snow excursions- that can always be such a pain. Sending you well and warmth wishes in the coming days.
    • Like x 2
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Achikah All About That Base

Night 2's VOD has been re-pieced together, edited, uploaded and, finally, processed. Enjoy!
    • Like x 2
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I probably had to designate the passages in a similar style as that passage in the "refrigerator", but alas, I had to sacrifice details in order to fit in the 700 base items frame.
    Thanks for the kind words.
    • Like x 2
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

A small mistake in the spelling crept in ;) "Klajoklis" not "Klajokis" ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I recently replaced the wallpaper with a more relaxing paint job but yeah. My signature.
    • Like x 1
  15. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Oh second to last is much less stressful. If they want last they can have it. Otherwise I’d be stressing over “would the judges prefer the painting be there or 3 feet to the right? Lol
    • Like x 2
  16. Achikah All About That Base

Dude, understandable. I'm amazed at how full and completed your base is for only 700 spots. When I saw you actually decorated the bottom of the cavern with how together the castle was, my face was literally :eek:

Thank you, fixed. =) Apologies, it's been a very long day, haha.

I know that feeling all too well, haha! Regardless, I'm very excited to see the Manor in its current state, should be a fun showing. Really happy you entered. =)
    • Like x 4
  17. Ryll Committed Player

If you are talking about the manor from the first day it was my base. I used these in entrance:

https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Mysterious_Arch
    https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Mysterious_Half_Arch

Also, these were the walls for the bathroom:
    https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Housing_Fence

• Like x 3
  18. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Well, maybe this will seem interesting ... or even useful ... I'm working on a base, according to this principle:

First, in each room I draw up the main sketch of the idea for the room(I arrange the basics base items for this room), then I take one of the rooms (the one, where the idea of the room is most clear and thought out for me) and fill it to the brim with details related to the idea, then I take the second one and do the same .. .ideally, and with an infinite base items limit, this can be done with each room ... but in reality, for some room, the base items limit will be filled ... and then I return to the previous rooms and gradually remove- or replace it with something else (less resource capacious )- details that can be dispensed with ... and so until all the rooms receive an acceptable (in my opinion) amount of details ...
    • Like x 1
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

My phone just notified me it’s time to wind down and start getting ready for bed. Considering at this point I’m focused more on the fact that one of my armories doesn’t read at all (forget well, not at all) as just a mannequin than I am on the rest of the room I’d say it’s time to log off and see what happens when I wake up. Lol
    • Like x 3
  20. Achikah All About That Base

Ooo, very nice! And, amusingly, I actually work fairly similar.
    I start by sketching too, but in my actually sketchbook. So floor plans, lists of ideas for different rooms and concepts, items I'll need, etc. I then do the same technique as you- go full maximal: don't worry about the count at all, just keep building until you max out. Then I'll go back and simplify, and then maximal. Rinse repeat until it's met a compromise I'm happy with to call it finished, haha!

Thank you so much for sharing. It's really cool to see and hear about the thought and decorating process behind other creators. I've learned a lot from that actually, just as much as I do seeing everyone else's finished work.

Sounds like you can definitely use a rest, haha! I really appreciate the effort that went in and look forward to seeing the Danger Manor in full. Also, I know you put a lot of personal lore into your base, so if I miss anything feel free to let me know so I can make notes for the Showcase in the next few months. =)
    • Like x 2