Executive Producer, Creative Director, and Lead Designer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Jan 30, 2023.

1. BumblingB I got better.

So... Yeah, I think Panderus left and they are looking for a replacement. They just posted an opening for his position. They also are still looking for Charon's replacement, Lead Designer. Finally, they are looking for a Creative Director again. It honestly needed to be done for a while now, I don't know how this game could work w/o it, considering the IP involved.

https://www.dimensionalink.com/careers
    [IMG]

Yeah... This is going to be a tough year. I don't think it will be any less than last year, but I don't expect a lot either.

Shout out to Zoe for mentioning this to me.
    • Like x 20
  2. Eve YouTuber

:(
    • Like x 10
  3. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Wait, what?! That's terrifying! If only there was some magic wand that could just instantly make the game more secure and prosperous like just having DC/WB pump more funding into it and give it more attention and bring it to the forefront more, but alas things are only that simple in movies..... :(
    • Like x 6
  4. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

This is good news! Great news.. If we make it through the storm therell be a brighter day, heres to hoping someone comes in and realizes we need powers!

I dont see dcuo shutting down, even with the lack of support it has, somebody will pick it up. With all the dc collabs coming out of epic, they might give it a chance
  5. zNot Loyal Player

So no wonder the 2023 dev update turned out like this i expect more to leave this year considering how many left the last 2 years

And i wonder if anyone has taken the CEO spot yet
    • Like x 3
  6. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

• Like x 5
  7. Eve YouTuber

For what it worths, them looking for a creative director again gives me hope.
    • Like x 6
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

LOL
    • Like x 4
  9. STsource Well-Known Player

Think bigger question is why they cannot fill them positions? Game engine perhaps?
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

This would only account for Lead Designer. Creative Director and Producer aren't programmers and for the most part, don't need to know how, but can.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jcal Dedicated Player

That explains why the Dev Update came from Mepps. It was a small oddity, nevertheless that was strange and it hinted at something bigger.

Sigh, I don't even know anymore. I don't think I can take another 2022. My interest in DCUO is waning now and it's only (basically) February. Emotes aren't going to do it for me, and if that's the only big addition we have scheduled for this year... I'll likely break off until whenever the PS5 native client launches.

Sending Panderus well wishes. Best of luck out there.
    • Like x 7
  12. Tolly Committed Player

After a while, recruiters should ask themselves the right questions: "Why do so many leave and so many arrive to finally leave? ....

Go UE5 guys!
    • Like x 4
  13. Proxystar #Perception

LMAO.

This year's gon b gud!
    • Like x 5
  14. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

If only it were that easy. Sometimes with games built on UE3, it's actually easier to start from scratch on UE5 than to try to port it 2 generations up. It's basically like you saying that instead of buying a new mobile phone after 12yrs, you're just planning to add more and more onto it and customise it yourself.

The difference though is instead of a new mobile costing 50-500 bucks, a newly built game would cost in the millions. Considering the Creative Dir job has been vacant multiple times over the last few years now, that usually only happens if the game is so restrictive with "what can be done" that the Creative Dir themselves can't be very creative. Restrictions like that usually originate from budget availability.

Don't get me wrong btw, I don't "know" all of this, I have no inside info. Maybe the game got unlucky multiple times and multiple Creative Dir's found better jobs one after another. But it's not hard to imagine.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

What incredibly sad news this is to me. I hope Panderus finds joy in his new job wherever it is that he went, and I wish him all the best.
    • Like x 4
  16. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Queue the "WhY Is NoThiNg BeInG DoNe In ThE GaMe" threads

With everyone leaving, it is going to be hard to find people familiar with old technology and software as ime goes on. People wont come to the job because they will see it as a Non Long Term job with the current predicament that DCUO is in. Its an old game, the way i see it, without proper investment in new software, engine, technology... It does not have long left at all. All they can do is milk it, hence why i believe they will monetize the emotes. Small animations with little work to make big money per animation. Artifacts for people to spend money on, time capsules etc.

The game is just milking it now. Its sad to see :(
    And yes, i know, before you say "But games are made to make money", i get that. But there is a difference between milking you for every penny and making a game that is fun to play, not requiring of money to progress or make yourself stronger.
    • Like x 6
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Game is on URE3. Cannot go to URE5 due to it being on the Switch.

A new creative director could do wonders for the game. But even once hired, it will take up to a year for us to see any real change/direction of the game.
    • Like x 2
  18. Tolly Committed Player

well, that's what I thought after all, there's no one left to steer the ship...
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Upgrading the engine post release is a programming nightmare I think a few too many of you think its like lego you just easily swap out, it isn't.

This would require years work with a team of programmers to work through, you'd be rebuilding the game realistically some could be reused, but not all of it.

If you're asking them you upgrade the engine you're basically asking them to make DCUO 2 without realising it.
    • Like x 4
  20. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Disconnect Current Universe Online
    • Like x 1