Make Neo-Venom Boost a 30 second cooldown

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CodedKills, Jan 29, 2023.

1. CodedKills Well-Known Player

Making neo venom boost a 30 second cooldown would help every power and their damage output. With the current dps meta if you precision your likely gadgets/rage/elec using 1 super as rage and electricity and 3 supers as gadgets. This works for rage and electricity because their supercharge cooldown is short, berserk and circuit breaker. For gadgets running 3 SCs is possible because of the 2nd loadout in stealth. As for might powers we usually run 2 supers in our loadouts. One being neo venom and the 2nd is usually the best supercharge the power offers. Making neo venom a 30 second cooldown would help balance the bridge between might prec.

I’ve heard that this change has been discussed already and denied because neo venom has a defense boost so that would be too op. If this is the case then I’d like to propose to remove the defense bonus. A defense bonus really only helps tanks and I promise no tank is using neo-venom.
    • Like x 13
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Hey I use neo venom as a tank!!

Lol just kidding, yea I don't care

Could be legit, haven't given it any serious thought though.
    • Like x 1
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They were gonna do that. Then everyone b**ched, moaned and complained in full force that two of gadgets’ SC’s that nobody would use anyway were getting slightly buffed and it got scrapped. Woulda been a game changer for lots of players. Though I will say, the EoG meta wasn’t nearly as prevalent then and if they reduced NVB’s cooldown now I think there needs to be a slight adjustment to EoG’s effectiveness.

Also, I use NVB for battletanking! But I really only battletank open world bounties and occasionally alerts with no healer. The OP is correct in that NVB’s defense boost doesn’t factor in to raid difficulty balance. It might slightly affect survival mode as I know with some of the one shot mechs where non-tanks had to move to grey range because you’d still die when blocking could actually be blocked with NVB active.
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I'd rather have the devs buff every single other SC than that boring looking Venom.
    • Like x 3
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

In a perfect world I’d agree. But the beauty and utility of NVB is is that it can be used with any type of damage you need to being doing based on the situation. Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t the vast majority of powerset SC’s AOE or at least not pure ST? You can’t really use those if you’re doing a feat that requires you not to kill adds or kill the first monstrosity to spawn last or a speed feat where you wanna concentrate as much damage on the boss and not split with adds, etc, etc. There are also plasnty of non-feat related mechanics that require specific types of damage like if you’re trynna kill one thing while another has an active reflect mechanic for example. NVB’s broader utility and adaptability would still ensure heavy usage even if every other powerset SC was significantly buffed.
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

The only pure ST that comes to mind is that freeze beam SC ice has.

In a perfect world, there would be more variety of SCs in terms of type of range and targets hit. NVB would be left to use by those who use the precision stat or who don't want flashy stuff on their screen.
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Exactly, that’s the same “perfect world” I meant as well. But in the real world, as you well know, it’s already a huge challenge for the devs to carve out appropriate time for any proper balancing of the already existing powers. New powers or altering existing powers??? Fuhhgetabbouttit!
  8. CodedKills Well-Known Player

This approach lifts all tides and doesn’t take near the man power a whole supercharge pass would take. I want one but I’m not gonna sit around for months n months on hopes n dreams.
    • Like x 1
  9. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

where is my Venom?
  10. CodedKills Well-Known Player

Almost every might players uses neo venom boost as one of their supercharges and depending on the power your using it for prec too. The only powers that don’t use neo venom as prec is rage and electricity because they have better supercharges than neo. Every other power that is prec I guarantee is running neo venom boost and speed drain or neo and whatever the best supercharge the power has to offer.

The reason why this would help might is because in the current meta might players are often found to have full supercharge during raids because of the long cooldown. When every other dps next to you is popping a super every 12 seconds vs a might player using neo and a 50% the power has, you can only pop one every 18 seconds. It may not sound like much but for every minute that means the precision players or rage/elec/gadgets players are popping 5 supercharges per minute vs every other power is popping 3. This one change will benefit all powers and both might/prec with ease.
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]

Jokes aside, I really wish they would balance the entire SC's, like they were originally going to do until they found out the ones that they were going to work on were for meta powers and didn't want to open the can of worms known as balance. Honestly, Battle Drone needs some love.
    • Like x 4
  12. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Exactly why every other SC (save for Circuit Breaker and Berserk) should be buffed instead with damage/shorter cooldown, and new SCs with different target ranges should be created. :)

Enough of having one SC dominate it all.
  13. CodedKills Well-Known Player

I’d definitely like for a whole supercharge pass but I don’t know where that is on DCs timetable.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Probably really low, tbh. They most likely are still playing catch up from the staffing issue early last year. They are probably focusing on getting the PvE content releases back on schedule, then the promised native PS5 client, and then probably balance or power changes.
    • Like x 2
  15. CodedKills Well-Known Player

DC could go that route but that takes more man power than the cooldown change of one supercharge.

If you wanna talk about one supercharge dominates all then that’s berserk and circuit breaker. Literally every other power I run two supercharges with.
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You guarantee any prec dps not those powers mentioned are using nvb, or a power set sc? I’m not. My main is prec and I’m only using 1 sc not multiple SCs, I’m also not using a 2500 sc or nvm. I’m not even speed to use speed drain.
  17. CodedKills Well-Known Player

It sounds like your using an iconic or movement mode supercharge, which none are better than Neo venom is for you especially if this change is made. As I said previously, this change lifts all tides. There is no power diversity in prec for a reason. Same can be said for might.
  18. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Take it you don't know the changes to word of power that got passed? Does 300k damage but buffs you and groups crit rate and crit mag. Pluse its a 12 second cooldown. Damage is a little lower then venom but the fact you can hit it 4 times if you have a eog heal and beats neo boost now. Obsidian has a video on this supercharge if you want a in depth about it
    • Like x 1
  19. CodedKills Well-Known Player

I have seen the changes made to WoP as well as obsidians videos. His testing is based off of only using one supercharge in your loadout. It's true that WoP is better if you use one supercharge in your loadout. But the magic happens once you introduce a second supercharge with neo.

For example in Earth Might's Case, players usually run Neo-venom boost and entomb. They hit neo first then hit entomb after. Why? Because neo also buffs your entomb. If your entomb was regularly hitting for 1 million then popping it with a neo should make it in theory hit 40% harder from the neo buff, that's 400k free damage. WoP isn't giving you that type off capabilities.

If this change is made than every power could do this. And it would help the prec side as well.
    Fire: Neo into Fireball barrage
    Earth: Neo into entomb
    Atomic: Neo into atomic blast
    Quantum: Neo into temporal vortex
    Light: Neo into ballistic assault or strafing run
    the list goes on n on
    • Like x 2
  20. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

I need a substance called Dionesium its in the game I can't find it