Speeder EOG Universe

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Emoney, Jan 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dene Devoted Player

I 100% understand the benefits of the EoG healer build etc - I guess my poiint is I hate that it exists.. I understand it is great but it makes me feel like i'm trolling/buffing instead of healing - just my opinion. If my stylre of play excludes me from the "metaverse" well that is on me, I guess.

EDIT: I also find it very situational - an EoG build will not be good in all aspects, in fact it can cause more harm than good sometimes and so I stuck with a more "one size fits all" scenario/loadout

I mostly solo heal ppl I know and if I heal pugs, it is in Omnibus or Alerts - so I doubt ppl care
    • Like x 1
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

People exploit the content to death and then complain about it being too easy and the rest of us who don't use exploits suffer for it and its not fair to players who don't cheat.
    • Like x 6
  3. SonGoku Level 30

Good healers can solo EoG heal any content in the game, including E+, theres even videos of them doing on youtube. But yeah, EoG is not 100% always optimal for everyone, the water&clarion shield spam strat is also a top tier healing strategy! Theres just nothing right now that needs a pure full heal build because it’s so overkill, even in last sm rd30 you didn’t need to go full heal. Healing is just too easy so if you can help the group in other ways (EoG is the biggest example) then you should do it instead of over-healing imo
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

To all the people using meta allies, I need you to know you are cheating and exploiting stop it.

I don't care if you leveled them and are using what you leveled, stop it, now.
    • Like x 1
  5. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Again stop with the eog crap. Why don't I hear anyone asking for a strat card or trans card nurf? More people rely on those then eog and they can be effective for healer role to but its always the eog. Your talking about the most sought after healer in the game for any content and you will piss off 90% of anyone playing that role if you touch it. This is not like super speed which is only a 10$ token to replace if they nurf you talking about a 250 dollar art that several people paid to level. Look at neo venom art. Was used by every precision dps now none use it. Look at nature worst damage out of all power set now. Literally have to have 200 trans and strat to get damage out of it and strategists will do more damage then any of the powers you use.
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I predict a nerf of some sort in incoming. It's just the way the game goes. No meta ever used in game stands the test of time especially if its one that everyone flocks to.

I've never been one to follow in game metas. It just doesn't work for me and its very satisfying doing well against the odds. It's like playing an instrument. You can be technically perfect but still be missing that one essential element that elevates it to next level which is passion. Can't define that with math and it is something that goes into your in game performance along with everything else

. I like using the EoG. Reminds me of the days when Hive Mind was a thing. Its a fun graphic that doesn't interfere with what you're looking at and it's a nice way to boost morale. I am not about to level up a scrap of the soul cloak to 200 to appease a bunch of temporary in game try hards. It's too time consuming and costly to level these things up. You don't even need an EoG at all to finish elite content. Like I said on another EoG thread if you think its your healer missing a SotSC is whats holding you back you need to look again.
  7. Dene Devoted Player

You guys have convinced me to at least re-visit it

Not sure why but I *hate* having a 3rd armory for 1 toon lol

EDIT: going to combine a few arts and see if I can do an EOG by itself and still have 1 armory for healing.. wish me luck lol

SO... im Elec... Healing Ray, Cloak & Eog? Page is an option too instead of Ray - I have them all but might be doubling up with Elec
  8. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I don’t need eog for heals. To me personally, using that on your healing loadout is counter productive to healing. But that’s just me.
    • Like x 1
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

That is why no one will remember your name.
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Purple is probably better for straight EoG heals.

I like to use Trans instead with a weapon buff for easier content. You'd be surprised how much damage you can do by using brawling shuriken storm between heals. Throw at least 100 points in precision for the 10% too.
    • Like x 1
  11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Lol. Who are you again? Hehe haha.
  12. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Exobytes Son Kryptonite or Powerthirst what do you want? i can even cook Jet from fallout New Vegas

13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Most people ARE clueless thou. The average player in dcuo is very bad. Even on my new toon that I used the cr skip on I’m coming in between 1-3 dps in raids (and when I’m 3rd I’m normally close to the top 2) whenever I pug. This is against players who have arts above 160 or even maxed. Even players using “meta” builds. That’s the quality of the average player.
    • Like x 2
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s how I prefer tot and xD

You don’t take any damage if they are dead
    • Like x 1
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The issue you aren’t understanding is that you can’t heal more than what their max health is. If a healer can fill the groups health bar with 2-3 abilities then why have more? You can’t heal a reserved health bar. The only thing that spamming healings abilities does is hurts the group. Draining your power bar for when you do need it is a very bad way to heal. And in general healing is rather easy. Most content can be healed with 3 abilities. Group heal, priority heal, and group shield. Just 3 abilities can sustain an entire raid run. Everything else is essential just extras. There isn’t much constant damage in recent dlcs that require constant healing.
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I don’t think you understand what exploiting means
    • Like x 1
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I'm pretty sure he does....

At least he's not going by the "It's not an exploit when I do it" definition.

Let me guess:
    To you... Art swapping isn't an exploit.... It's a life hack. [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion about that because you think you deserve to one shot everything.

Silence. Insolent fool.
    • Like x 2
  19. scarblood New Player

Swapping as been a thing since home turf dlc if i remember correctly, we all swap trinkets, whats the difference in swapping arts.
  20. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

If I remember correctly a swapped out trinket has the same reload time as the one that was replaced.... Thus, you can only use one at a time...

We have 3 slots for artifacts for reason... We were only meant to be using 3 at any given time... Using more is... wait for it.... an exploit. [IMG]
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.