Aquaman Hear My Call - summoned pets?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cordelia, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I agree with you RSK does behave differently, I was just throwing help out there in the meantime :)

Given they've attempted to make RSK a viable pet for all powers with MAM included it should be changed to have the same behavioral characteristics
  2. Proxystar #Perception

? Turret behaves differently again on purpose to allow for jump cancel clipping.

If you changed Turret to act like the others you'll lose the ability to use it as a passive clip, you can't use crystal to clip for example, you have to clip it, whereas turret is the other way around.

Personally I think turret should behave like the other pets but you'll make the gadget DPS players lose their collective minds lol
  3. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

I wish to see this so... So bad
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Yea same lmao, they'll be stuck having to use normal clipping powers with the rest of us heathens
  5. Ranmaru Developer

I generally always read the forums, I just try not to post unless its during work hours. Reading over the responses here, the issue that your experiencing is that RSK has a cooldown on its resummon, not the animation? I could investigate squeezing a fix around that when I have time to do a balance pass.
    • Like x 7
  6. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Yep precisely. Turret should behave like others and I’m fine with gadgets dps losing their mind. People who’d lose their minds over that don’t care enough about the game to understand things should be balanced.

My alt is gadgets and it’s basically as good as my main now and I know that thing should behave differently.

I didn’t understand what B was saying at first but now I see he did mean rsk which at that point yes they all should behave equally if they’re pets anyway.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Nice

While you're in here, do you have thoughts on supressor turret not behaving like a pet?
    • Like x 1
  8. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Thank you so much for your involvement really! It’s extremely appreciated. If you look into that could you look into gadgets turret too? Basically same thing happens of what BumblingB described but even worse because the cast bar for turret is so long and any minute interruption won’t allow it to be summoned.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Thank you! And yes, the cool down is much longer than the others, but there is a longer cast time compared to Crystal or Fury as an example.
  10. Sghoul Well-Known Player

Personally I am ok-ish with RSK have some downsides over pet powers, simply in that I don't like Iconics being the default that everyone users over actual powerset abilities. The again, I also wish every power had it's own pet. The Exobyte RSK was a nice step, but it is still a robot looking thing rather than something that actually looks like the powerset.

That said, I also don't care of they do bring it in line :)
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

sometimes when switching armories rsk goes on a permanent cooldown and you have to hold the despawn button to trigger its cooldown to begin. a work around is having normal rsk imprinted to one armory and the exobyte rsk imprinted to a different armory.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mr.W Committed Player

Can aquaman be slightly changed to buff pets based on the damage pets recieve rather than the player?
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I always heard/thought it was singularly excluded for certain reasons, was that changed?
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It was excluded from mercy, not source shard. The reason for it is because the art was designed specifically for RSK. The only reason it was allowed to buff crystal and fury was because they already functioned in that manor. They were made to gain a buff in order to insure that they would still be viable when compared to RSK using mercy.