Speeder EOG Universe

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Emoney, Jan 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emoney Dedicated Player

Well technically I wouldnt know you didnt move while I was in the omnis. But everytime I get out and fly through, you were in the same exact spot, sometimes with [Away] by your name. It wasnt until a few hours I checked the forums, as I said, and seen your non stop argument with Reinheld like you have been with me the past few hours. Now, I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but logically, one could assume you sat there the whole time. I mean unless you run stuff and argue on here at the same time, and go right back to the same spot just in time for me to fly back by, and I dont think that's possible.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Stop making your videos an hour long then :p

Make it like 2 minutes rip it apart and post it ;)

Oh no I'm so against changing it I just gave you good advice :p

Also lol at the money thing, yea that's probably a healthier reason to find me, I can't imagine you're sitting there inspecting me to expose me EOG :D
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I've literally been posting here with you while grinding out the game and the new bounty feat.

So maybe you need to reasses what's possible lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

Make a video, I dont believe you!
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Hahaha touche' I'll give you that one.

But no seriously, it's not that hard to multi task lol
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

this thread for like 4 pages has become the back and forth with Proxy thread lol
    reading some of these is cracking me up

[IMG]
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

A lot of threads over the past year or so turn into this as well, it's not the first and it wont be the last.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dene Devoted Player

I think the anger has taken over a bit.. I agree that it is a bit crazy but, yeah, using all your legitimate tools for a best outcome is most definitely not an exploit

Oversaturation of the focus on SC "complimentary" tools is not ideal but noone is doing anything "against the rules"
    • Like x 1
  9. Dene Devoted Player

Agreed.. every now and then you'll hear "get Add ABC first" or (as a healer) i'll notice ceertain adds hitting ppl very hard.. but not really a mechanic thing
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

I cant speak for anyone else, but I'm not angry.

But I do see it as a bit of an exploit.
    When healers are asked to run with only 2 healing powers, 3 supercharges and EOG, to spam the regeneration, I dont think that was thought of or considered by the devs. Add to it, same group, tank also has a EOG setup, making yet another green circle frequently, so even more regen, even more SC use. THEN, the troller and dpss have orange circles gathering up all of that supercharge damage and rechanneling 20% of it. Insane amount of damage. Adding that all together, non stop supercharge use, plus 20%.

I can't tell ya how many groups I get in where people are nonstop asking for "greens, more greens, where are the greens." It's like crack now.
    • Like x 7
  11. Dene Devoted Player

As a healer, I want to actually HEAL lol - so yes, I get your point
    • Like x 2
  12. Emoney Dedicated Player

Me too! And it was what led me to this post, even though others here would have us believe it was some failure as a DPS that had me pointing this out. I have a few friends and leaguemates that heal, and are sick of it as well.
    • Like x 2
  13. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Oh please... you're being dramatic. You typically have 4 heals and 2 supercharges if you're using both Scrap and Eog. The third supercharge isn't necessary.

If you time Speed Drain and Pheromone Bloom correctly back and forth... EoG is always up.

Then you have 4 healing powers. That's plenty. You could even take one off for your weapon buff and lay down some hate if you want.
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I need you to make sure you've unequipped all your gear next time you play, you evil exploiter, you. <3
    • Like x 1
  15. Dene Devoted Player

Ok the eway E approached things OI think was a bit much.. but that is a seperate issue

re: your response.. GUARANTEED that if a DPS was told it was better they do this and "Then you have 4 DPS powers" then it wouldn't be a Meta or even a discussion

BUt if a healer is happy to go this route then more power to them - so I agree with boith sides.. but maybe i'm weird and niot getting the benefit of buffing DPS etc
  16. Proxystar #Perception

if it's dead, it can't kill you, buffing the dps is healing.
  17. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I don't know why this concept is so difficult to grasp for people. It's simple.

More dps is ALWAYS better as long as they aren't already dying in one power, attack or combo. No matter how easy something is... it can always make the content faster as long as things cannot be one shotted already.

More healing is NOT ALWAYS better. If you can keep a raid group alive almost effortlessly with 3 powers on your bar... you MIGHT AS WELL help the dps finish the content faster.

This isn't rocket science. EoG isn't so popular because it buffs dps. It's popular because healer is the easiest job to play and they have enough wiggle room to utilize something like this. If they nerfed resto in to the ground or made healing more involved where it was incredibly difficult to keep other players topped up even if they were doing all the mechanics correctly... none of this would be an issue and nobody would want healers to use EoG.

The solution to the problem is literally just to make healing hard. Until then... we should be encouraged to fill both bars without being a baby about it.
    • Like x 1
  18. MikeB Level 30

Healer is the easiest job? Controller players say hello. Prec dps is really easy and might powers are even easier. Healing may be easier than it was in the past but it far from the easiest role. The harder the content and the more that remark becomes laughable.
  19. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'm not talking about super sensitive burst mechanics in Elite + that require the dexterity of sweat shop seamstress.

I'm talking about potential mechanics where there is a constant influx of pressure that a couple burst heals and a shield are just not enough to fix within their cool down times.

The developers could create situations with overwhelming shield piercing DoTs that make the healers sweat even with 6 heals on their loadouts, but they don't. Hence... EoG.
    • Like x 1
  20. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

You know what helped the DPS finish the content faster?

Not being clamped.

Hang on... Gonna go get me some popcorn.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.