Pride Boss Complaint

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Jan 26, 2023.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

If the feat didn’t have the name “pecos bill” mentioned in it .. it was a missed opportunity
    • Like x 3
  2. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

The new Pride bounty is an absolute s**tshow, just a complete and utter mess.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Me approaching the boss

[IMG]

2 Seconds Later, The Boss -

[IMG]

Oh well 54 more to go

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  4. Rainnifer Committed Player

One of the biggest factors to the firenadoes being more annoying than they should be is that running into other players or entities or anything stops you for a moment which stops your ability to breakout. So you find yourself constantly being dragged even if you try to breakout, because the breakout doesn't work...
    • Like x 3
  5. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I'm glad I did it yesterday (took like an hour hopping between two phases... Easy peasy), because I guess the FOMO was only good for one day... Xbox is back to the usual only 2 phases again...
  7. Limey Committed Player

Or, you know.. joker jetpack.. or flight ring..

Too bad there's not a ring that gives whirling dervish to other movement modes.
    • Like x 1
  8. Leonite Well-Known Player

The tornadoes come in phases though. At the start, you can even melee the boss if somebody is tanking it. Then the tornadoes come out and I stay outside and shoot my range attacks from there - half the time, the boss is out of range but that can't be helped. I think the tornado phase is when players need to spread out so Pride will be in range of somebody as he zooms from one spot to another.

Anyway, I rarely die from the tornadoes. I die more from the ads since the tank is unable to keep aggro while tornadoes are CC'ing him/her. Check your combat logs, maybe the ads are doing the killing as well rather than the tornadoes.
    • Like x 1
  9. Rainnifer Committed Player

I don't think the tornadoes even do any damage, I haven't noticed any if they do. What makes them trouble everyone is all the CC. It's usually manageable unless the giant tornado in the middle is around, that one seems to have a large range. I guess being technically outside the battle arena would help...
    • Like x 1
  10. myandria Item Storage

I think it depends upon whether or not you are getting hit with one of Pride's attack before or during your "spin cycle" adventure in the firenadoes. I've noticed some players watering face plants after their rides into them.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dene Devoted Player

They 100% do - in fact you can avoid Priode all together, skim the outer, do 100 of them (they seem pretty squishy) and still get the weekly.. as someone else mentioned, its great if no phase is going and you just want a bit of mindless pew pew.. alsao great if the tornados really annoy you lol

I am pretty sure if you are in the middle, and do not try to escape it, it does no damage - but then you are just CCd like nuts
    • Like x 1
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

It seems today the boss is now able to ground players and the "pull in" circle attack reaches up much higher. I think maybe a few tweaks went out to discourage flight players avoiding the mechanics. Just what I've noticed today vs what I experienced grinding out the 55 bounty kills with my flight ring on.
  13. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I did that spam on my munitions character. They are flight and have empowered chaneling. After doing that bounty 1 time I knew I wouldn't doing it on my main that is earth. Tornado's suck and the constant rush Attack makes this bounty's one that is most undesirable to do. Barb wasn't even as annoying as this fight 4 me cause I had a phase that understood the mechanics so it was smooth. I just find pride annoying and not fun at all. The devs can have this one back ty! waist of time and resources.
    And for those that like this fight good 4 you. might be a bit of a narcissist or just hate yourself.
  14. myandria Item Storage

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. However, there is another way to do the mechanics. If you fly high enough you will evade the firenados; of course, this means that you will be out of attack/line of sight range. If you wait until the firenado phase is over you can dive down low enough to get some attacks in before the pull circle phase, in which case you can fly away to the edge of the area and not get pulled in. After that, go back in and get a few more hits before the firenado phase returns.

Long story short, just dip and dive, stick and move your way through this boss and you should maintain flight for the most part. You may get sucked in from time to time, but it won't be as frequent as if you are just hovering in one spot and getting your hits in.
  15. SonGoku Level 30

This is a very unpopular WB it seems. Like 11pm EST on a Friday evening on Xbox and there was like 2 phases not even full and maybe like 2 guys fighting the boss. Had to spam LFG and the shout chat to get some sort of spam going…
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Naw, it's only because the usual FOMO only kicked in for 1 day (if you don't get it all on day 1, you will struggle as you are now and/or never get it), everyone logged in day 1 to get all their feats and then split again. There were about 8 phases. Next day, back to the usual 2. Won't see them/me again until the next rewards release/double currency. Happens every time nowadays.
  17. myandria Item Storage

Well, I agree, but I will also add that the feat counts were low for Pride compared to how high they normally are. It took a little longer to get the feats for the other world boss to be completed.

Players have become so used to grinding for a higher feat count that when this one went live, I think many players were surprised that they were able to get it done in such a short period of time. I was expecting Pride to have a 25, 55, 70 and 100 feat count.
  18. Skoll Well-Known Player

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a WB fall off so hard before. The very first weekend it’s released and nobody wants to fight it and it looks like most of the community absolutely despises it. Not even Barbatos fell off this hard imo. The very low feat count definitely isn’t helping in comparison I suppose.

I do think less frequent tornados and lesser cc ability would make it more enjoyable. Would have been a fun boss to have in Nerons Underworld in that little add room as a third boss imo! Imagine the chaos… would definitely have upped the difficulty. Especially on E+
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No thanks. The whole 'get it done in 1 sitting' vibe we've gotten used to is nonsense. Maybe people will realize they spent an hour or 2 knocking it out, just to come down there for the weekly mission 10, 12 or whatever more time before, or even after the next DLC releases. Or are they NOT going to do the 8 mark bounty each week cause the feat is done?
    • Like x 2
  20. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player