Speeder EOG Universe

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Emoney, Jan 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

Hopefully the postman isn't super speed or it'll get there too quick and be cheating, it's ok if he flies above the lasers though ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You sound just like any random in the comment section of the videos when I ask them to share these "actually better loadouts" and then they disappear never to be seen again. Perhaps it was you all along? I'll stick to math over conjecture.
    • Like x 3
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

I dont have to stalk you, you stand around in HoL for hours next to Fate. I drop down and give ya a rude gesture everytime I see you in between missions. Maybe you should try and actually play the game sometime instead of standing around, you might have better insight to the issues the rest of us see clearly.
    • Like x 4
  4. August Moon Well-Known Player

Bruh that was another point i wanted to make . All movement modes have their own advantages. Flight can dodge so many mechanics just by soaring through the air. Acrobatics has a stationary supercharge shield better than dash attack or dust off. Superspeed has op abilities
    • Like x 1
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

You've put in more work than anyone here. All people like him have are emotions and assertions. No facts, no rebuttals, just baseless arguments, and little jabs here and there skirting the line of forum rules.
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, I don't sub to your channel nor have any desire to leave comments, so rest assured it's not I, but if you're after constructive criticism.

I only ever watch your videos in part, never the whole thing, because you spend a lot of time repeating yourself and can get distracted at times going on irrelevant tirades.

I did enjoy that time you used a few expletives to desribed me and Trexlight though, was thorougly enjoyable.

What I will say is that typically your loadouts are very standard, math is indeed what you follow, but you're not one to explore slight improvements you find what works on a typical basis and stick to it, almost religiously.

Your loadouts are not bad loadouts, but they're not the best, time and time again I've seen people doing content and smashing the content and scorecard and rest assured using your loadouts they most definitely are not.

I mean that with the greatest respect towards and I have no real beef despite what you might think at times lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, I tend to frequent all sorts if places, including my own bases, I'm in my bases way more than the HoL.

Thank you however for confirming without a shadow of a doubt that im living rent free in your mind so hard eviction is impossible.

Not only are you stalking and inspecting me you're deperately seeking my attention through emotes every time you see me.

If you're that thirsty try buying me flowers, I like blue roses
    • Like x 2
  8. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

I mean that's all nice and all, but its all basically skirting around the fact that this isn't just 1 player saying the SS powers need to be changed. It's a lot. I've seen it on the Forums and I've actually asked ingame over the last few months. I think it's far more people than you think. Which kind of puts a nail in the coffin of "its only a perceived", because to say its still that is to try to claim superior knowledge of the game over people you've never met. I know more than some and I know less than some, it's how it works. But I have no idea if I know more or less than someone I've never met. And from my ingame conversations there's many you've never met who are exhausted with this Meta now.

As for the OP, that's none of my business. The initial post was actually about the 3 things we've been discussing for the last few days, SS Powers, EoG, and Artifact Swapping. That's why my own first post agreed with it. If that conversation devolved into a stat clamp discussion then you's are welcome to it, that's not what I came to voice my opinion on.

The latter half of the post I'm not even sure I can comment on to be honest. It's just jumping from one convenient excuse to another, throwing the proverbial at the wall to see if it sticks. It's basically mini-theories all collected together, anything and everything as long as it's not something that would contradict your point. I can't even begin to unravel all of that. The only thing that makes perfect sense to me though is your apparent distinction between a Nerf and a Solution. Every solution should be considered before a Nerf, yet a Nerf in and of itself is a Solution. Again, keeping in mind that the term "Nerf" itself is entirely up to the person labelling it as such. As was explained earlier, where you see a Nerf, I see a Fix of an Unintended Mechanic. Neither of us are technically correct or incorrect, but its worth keeping in mind considering "Nerf" is thrown around way too often in MMOs these days.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

The reality is numerous people are in fact actually clueless and that isn't to say I'm the most knowledgeable person on the planet, no one is and we're all learning things new every day, nor do I say what ive said here to diminish the other people.

But copious people will just see these metas in game, immediately think they're unacceptable and start screaming for nerfs, they've typically never explored the powers, never used them and don't understand the process involved in their use, they just scream nerf after seeing themselves get destroyed on the scorecard or worse yet struggle in content, that's why the clamp was even mentioned in this thread in the first place.

I've not said, even in this thread that the powers couldn't use some work, where ive deviated is the extent you which the problem exists, I think it's exaggerated through ignorance and I also deviate on the solution.

With respect to EOG, I do think it needs balancing, it's undeniable, I do however believe it should be approached with absolute caution any adjustment of it stands to significantly upset the apple cart and annoy as many people as it's current imbalance does, that's also undeniable given how people like it the way that it is as well.

In terms of artifact swapping, gear swapping has always been a thing, although im happy for cool downs and things im not supporting quite frankly ridiculous solutions like locking our inventories.

You'll find I'm actually pretty temperate and moderate with my solutions and can actually be reasoned with by people talking sense, I've appreciated the civility of your conversation ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Wow.

So just to break that down:
    - Making excuses trying to make it look like it wasn't about winning or losing to you
    - The "DCUO Forum Classic" (This is the most common fallback insult amongst all threads. Either someone's Reading Comprehension, or the ol You Don't Know Whats Going On and Can't Keep Up superiority tactic)
    - Nonsense
    - Then despite the first point, where you tried so very hard to make it look like you have zero interest in it being about Winning or Losing, you immediately contradict yourself by wanting to "send me my L".

Genuinely. Wow. I haven't seen this high a level of self loathing and self sabotage in years now. Normally my first guess would be that it's intentional for some reason and want to know why, but considering over the last few posts you haven't been able to keep track of what your own previous posts have said, I can't imagine it is.

Look you've obviously got enough on your plate if you're doing this and not seeing it, and I'm starting to feel bad now about burdening you with logic on top of everything else. We'll agree to disagree and I'll let you get back to whatever was occupying you before.

Good Chat and hope things get better for you champ.
    • Like x 1
  11. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Right so here's where it gets confusing. So earlier you were talking about a huge chunk of the playerbase just copying Meta builds from Videos and/or from people in game. Now a huge chunk of the playerbase are just calling for "Nerfs" without ever trying the loadouts. It being 2023, I know folks love to fall back on their favourite "X and Y aren't mutually Exclusive" points that they heard in Movies or from somewhere else, but now you've just provided 2 ideas that are 100% mutually Exclusive. They cannot coexist. Either a large amount of the playerbase is using the Meta (a literal requirement for something to BE meta), or a large amount of the playerbase are calling for Nerfs. You need to decide which one you want because I'm sorry, you don't get both. The playerbase simply isn't large enough to facilitate both as well as them being opposite ideas. Let me know which one you want to keep.

Also, yes, you have diminished players with the above post. I'm not going to get into the level of ego behind anyone thinking they know that "numerous people are in fact clueless". Nor do I even want to ask how many made it into your Numerous list. It's a bit worrying for someone to have such a negative view of an unexplained number of players. I don't doubt that there are folks who don't do parsers and don't know numbers and can't break down true DPS numbers, but from my experience that comes from disinterest rather than an inability or being clueless. Yeah that part of the post was, certainly something...

Lastly, about the whole "temperate with solutions" thing, in a previous post one of your solutions for flight was that if movement mode powers were iconic, flight players can't fly. That's not tempered, that's genuinely awful. Flight flies, it has no double jump, no teleport to position X, no nothing. Your solution makes it so that players have to run around, as slow as NPC Street civilians. There's nothing tempered about that, I'd hope it wasn't thought out properly because at least that would explain the thought process behind it.
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

It can and is both and yes the player base is large enough and it's not even necessarily one server, we're talking multiple platforms and multiple servers.

The reality is both can and do exist and you're attempting to create a strawman to dismiss my point.

There are a large quantity of players that use what is perceived by many as being the meta, they both use super speed, they use EOG and they tac swap (few would sweaty swap though) at the fore front of that players mind is absolute efficiency, then you've got the people in between that have EOG, use it a bit, might be super speed, might tac swap a bit, might not at all that would typically get lumped in with the former crowd simply based on perception.

This is easily demonstrated through the way Emoney did exactly that with me when he asserted I was a sweaty EOG player, probably thinks I'm also "sweaty tac swapping" despite the fact it's only casual swapping. He automatically assumed I was a meta player, even after I told him I was using pets, he still tried to and is still trying to push this narrative.

Then you've got the raft of people, and they're not by any means "few in number" who refuse to accept the meta, they role play content, they are more interested in styling and experiencing the game and they will look on at these "meta players" and frown because they can see they're not struggling as much and they begrudge it, so they whip up bandwagons of hate and request nerfs, there's no attempt raise anything up, they just want everything dragged down to what they perceive as being "their level of struggle".

Both absolutely do exist - the latter group sometimes need to accept though that it is there choice, not to play the meta and there is nothing wrong with that, but accept that sometimes it's going to mean you have to work harder or you should be advocating a more positive outcome that involves buffs, not necessarily nerfs, which is entirely what I've been saying.

When I say people are clueless it's because they're the people that frequently tend to hop on a bandwagon simply through observation and at times we're all even guilty of it, they've never played super speed, they never use any of the powers, they never try to tac swap, they've never leveled an EOG, they just believe what others are telling them about it.

"Basically, these things are bad mmmmmk" so they go along with it - those are the people I am talking about and they're always present.

And as for your comment about flight, that was temperate, I entirely disagree with you, the reason I said that is because that proves the point I'm saying "flight players want to have it all" they want to be able to fly to evade mechanics, they want to be able to dervish and dodge to clip, they want to have their cake and eat it also.

Make a choice, choose speed with the benefits, or choose flight with the benefits it brings, the choice is yours, don't begrudge others and seek their benefits because you don't want to accept the consequences of your play choice.

Choose to play it your way, but own your choice.
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

A loadout is only a fraction of the entire damage equation. A player could have the best rotation in the world but if they can't manage the rest of their loadout in trinkets/allies/swaps and when to properly use them in raids or even proper positioning to use that "greater than obsidian rotation" it would be a moot point anyways.

The question to ask yourself or others is will you find on youtube specifically, anything better than what I detail?, ego and bias aside, you will not.

However, none of that changes the fact how strong dervish is on melee, or how easy it is to clip weapon combos with dervish, vortex and phase dodge.
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Wait... That doesn't sound very balanced...
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I don't need to find a "youtube" channel it's easily observable in game chill, I mean unless you're proclaiming to be the best DPS in the game, surely you aren't chill?

I agree with you with respect to it only being a part of the equation, I'm not sure I ever debated that point lol, I just said your loadouts typically aren't necessarily the best out there.

With respect to dervish, it's strong melee for sure, but then again is melee something typically being undertaken by DPS in content that matters? (and when I say that it's because, really whose pocket watching what others are doing in regular content).

Pretty sure even you know it's not, so that leaves us with the practical application of it being a "clipping power".

Vortex Trap is slightly different in that it requires a jump cancel, so it's probably not entirely a fair comparison, it's certainly not as functional as the other two, phase dodge has a 16s cool down, so I'd suggest it's clipping functionality is significantly tempered by that fact, which realistically just leaves dervish as the easiest most clippable power from the movement mode tree.

This power could easily be replaced by another power if the objective is to clip brawling mastery, this would result in at least some damage loss yes, but if anyone for a moment thought this is somehow the difference maker between them and a meta chaser on the scoreboard they're being delusional.

Which is why I say it's being exaggerated, yes its powerful, but no it's not the difference maker.

In terms of something having a demonstrable impact on content, EOG is by far worse in terms of the potential it provides a group to amplify their damage output.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Which is why I said, put all the movement powers in an iconics tree accessible to all players and ground flight players.

Where's the advantage to either then? :eek:
  17. August Moon Well-Known Player

Awe , i know projection is hard concept to grasp, but ypull get it some day. Just tell yourself whatveer you need ot tell yourself. Youll get through this buddy, i know you can
    • Like x 1
  18. Emoney Dedicated Player

Lol making a list here...
    First its gaslighting,
    Then I'm full of BS,
    I just want nerfs,
    I have no knowledge of any of these powers,
    And I struggle on the scorecard...

Is this how you try to win a debate, just try and frame the other side as ignorant people with the worse intentions?!? You speak like you are the most knowledgeable person on the game, yet the only game you play is the forums.

I have many characters, am part of multiple leagues, and understand exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to the three issues I raised. You have motives for denying the obvious problems and that's on you. But I assure you, I dont struggle in this game and my main character is very competitive as a dps and strong as a tank.

I feel sad for you honestly. To just try and call the entire community idiots because you cant see past your own hypocrisy, or ever accept you are wrong. I have NEVER seen you ever compromise or admit someone else might be right. You just continue to talk down to people and get it in your head that you are superior and none of us have any idea what we are talking about.

I sincerely hope you get help, you need to work on some stuff.
    • Like x 4
  19. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

You just lost my interest with that first line. To be as transparent as possible, I stopped reading after that. Not out of ignorance nor malice, but simply because I'm only interested in discussing matters with reasonable people. It was made abundantly clear why the 2 ideas are, in fact, mutually Exclusive, and you still try to have both.

I'm sorry but there simply is no logic to that at all, which leaves me to believe the rest is probably just as bad. If you feel like being reasonable then reply with a choice and I'll happily continue where we left off.

Bye.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

You know people always say this and I always laugh, trying to suggest I just sit on the forums and never play, No; what I have is better time management skills and an ability to multi task.

I've had it all thrown at me over the years, never run SM apparently, never play elite apparently, don't have any feats apparently, have never done anything first apparently. It's all been thrown at me in this sad and desperate attempt to discredit me at times when I don't follow the herd down the pathway of "acceptable group think".

I've been playing this game for 14 years and I have over 24,000 hours in the game. in fact I'm farming out the new bounty feat as we speak, don't come and inspect me though, you might see I'm not wearing an EOG and be disappointed.

So please don't go down that pathetic route of trying to pretend I'm just a forum user who doesn't play, it just doesn't wash my sweet innocent boy.

The truth is, I just pick and choose what I do, I pick and choose what I play and when I play, even more so now than in the past, because I don't need to chase the carrot so hard.

I don't really care how many characters you have, how many leagues you're a part of, you've also said you only have 2 artifacts at max rank and were actively encouraging people the other day to level artifacts out of bonus experience weeks and then told me I failed at math, when you were horribly wrong, so I'm sorry I know you say all of this, but I think it's painfully obvious what the real problem is here.

For the record I have changed my mind at times on numerous topics when people put forth evidence, it's why people refer to it as flip flopping, which is funny because perhaps if they put forward a better case I wouldn't have changed my mind in the first place, /shrug.

As for talking down to people, no not really I mean perhaps my first post in this thread was a bit condescending, because I saw your entire post for what it was, realistically just an angry rant from someone seeking rather widespread nerfs on a raft of issues, while attempting to vilify any opposition before it even began, what you didn't want was any real opposition, you were hoping for an echo chamber and now when it doesn't go your way you switch to "victim mode", it's a classic manipulation tactic to try and control a failing narrative.

I guess the funniest thing here is that you were really just hoping not to get called out on it.

Do some things in this game need some work, sure, lots of things need work, but making scatter gun nerf request threads isn't ever a particularly constructive way to go about it nor does attacking any and all opponents in your first post before dialogue has even begun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.