Cross-Faction Grouping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Jan 26, 2022.

1. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Cross faction seems more likely than crossplay, as for USPCPS, there are 10 phases during peak hours in the newest world and for villains it is still fairly easy using LFG to run elite content.
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, that's why I believe it shouldn't be forgotten about.

That's where we still differ, on Xbox there are still only 1-3 phases at any given time, and villain LFG is silent 95% of the day. For one to get an elite group, they would have to log onto a hero and use their LFG. Heck, not even just elite, even a regular raid group formed. More cross-faction options would help everyone over here tremendously, and I'm sure even your server would benefit as well.

Edit: Other than that, the lore always points to heroes and villains working together in this game. Even the intro movie itself does!
    • Like x 2
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

At the very least, as a villain, I would like have the option to see hero LFG chat, so I know a group is forming without having to switch to an alt.
    • Like x 2
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Recently had to fight with the broken Queue system for 20 minutes, because it wouldnt let 4 villains group with a group of 4 heroes simultaneously... And both groups were queued up. Not only did I have to log onto a hero (I'm vil) and get players over there in the first place, but seriously had to spend another 10 minutes finding players to "queue drop", and then invite the heroes manually, because I already basically promised them a run.
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Still struggling with the queue system, even more so now with Elite+ released.

On Xbox villain side the population is so low we have been having to rely on heroes to get hard content completed.

However, there is barely any way to reach out to them other than logging into a hero to find a group and then switching characters once inside the instance. It shouldn't be like this anymore.

If the original idea was for us to work together easier, we should be able to communicate and/or group together easier. (Even the intro to the game points this out, so it is part of the lore to work together.)

I personally believe it's for the betterment of the population as well. Thank you for your time and Happy Holidays!
    • Like x 1
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Xbox Villain Side Chronicles, Vol. 1: Friday, Dec 30 2022. It is now 6:01 PM EST, and not one person has written in Villain LFG in exactly 2 hours 48 minutes. Logged on to hero character, their LFG is popping off a minimum of 10 messages per minute. Sad day. /End audio log.
  7. Skoll Well-Known Player

If this isn’t in the next dev update, I would give up. I doubt they would work on something like this and not mention it, so it will either get mentioned on the update, or is a low priority for them.
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Funny thing is, it was being worked on. That's why I keep bringing it up. It was not only on the timeline, but if you look at previous pages of this thread it was clear that "baby steps" were being taken toward this becoming a thing. I will not give up on it that easily.
    • Like x 2
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

There just aren't enough villains to get stuff done anymore, and hero side has been extremely toxic as of late. Sad, but true. Actually starting to question even bothering to play at all anymore tbh.

But alas, I feel like if this were a thing there would be less bias against letting a villain queue in with hero and swapping whilst inside. Won't get rid of the toxicity, naturally, but one huge issue seems to be that players don't want to bother with someone they have to wait for to switch toons while inside (plus they never wait anyway, by the time you get in you are locked out of the boss fight).

On top of that, a few times I went to switch toons and they opened the queue and ran it without me... After I spent 30 minutes with them forming the group in the 1st place. Le sigh.
    • Like x 2
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

My sentiments exactly!
  11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

The way I do weekly bounty runs on my villains is: I play on my hero alts and when a group is forming - I switch to a villain and tag along solo with some hero group. I like doing that, because it taught me how to keep myself alive without the support of a group, but it's still a pain having to switch to a hero to have a usable LFG chat.
    • Like x 1
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I know you are on XBOX and have a well established character and assets collected but if you ever do want to go to PC/PS side, I would like to help you get leveled up. I am in both a Hero and a Villain league, and both are active and filled with wonderful people who are willing to help each other in any way they can.
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

*bump*

QoL changes are never dead
    • Like x 2
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

At this point I don’t see why they don’t just do away with factions … for anything other than pvp
    • Like x 2
  15. GermanM Committed Player

And pvp is dead so...
    • Like x 1
  16. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Because it would probably require re-coding the entire game. Anything that's been in the game for that long is intimately intertwined with everything else. There are separate missions, feats, cutscenes, NPCs, dialogues, instances, drops and much more for each faction. Unifying all that would be a monstrous task and even a small mistake could lead to game-breaking glitches and bugs. That's why things keep breaking with even minor updates and it takes months to fix even seemingly simple things, like broker.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

It wont. They could do it now. The problem is unassociated things might break, because this game was built in a way that it was not modular. The legacy code does weird things when they mess with it. Everything else is already setup in the game. Back when tier 3 was the highest level endgame content, they used to flag vendor gear with "factions". So a hero would not be able to buy the Metallo's Maw style or Fate's Faith if they were a villain. They can address labels for anything made recently that requires a specific faction only.

They have been slowly inching towards merging the factions, but I think the dev staffing thing last year probably put it down the ladder again.

I'm going to try and join in tomorrow's AMA about this.
    • Like x 2
  18. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yeah, I included the point about the way the game was coded in a spaghetti fashion, but then I got bored and quickly edited all of that out. Now I realize my post doesn't quite make sense. But the thing about things breaking was also my point. And I didn't know about gear being flagged. Thanks for the clarification. Hope you get some good info at the AMA.
    • Like x 2
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

No, your previous post made perfect sense, even without whatever you edited out, and you're right. If the game had been created to be modular, it would be one thing, but it seems to have been thrown together as they came up with ideas, which is the usual reason for spaghetti code.

I really hope they can do something about it, though. I've never understood why heroes and villains can't team up. I mean, they do it all the time in the comics, when they have a common goal (and I'm not just talking about the Suicide Squad). And as others have mentioned, the villain side is getting pretty dead.
    • Like x 3
  20. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Another thing I've noticed recently, which might be worth mentioning here, is that some instances don't seem to allow invitations of opposite faction players. It only happened to me once, in Brothers In Arms, and I don't often get invited to the other faction's instances in progress - but I know it's now possible - so I'm not sure how common this problem is.