In Progress Unable to buy Daybreak Cash via Steam

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Medicine, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Ryuji New Player

Nope, from the Philippines. What I don't get is that they've already asked us about our country when signing up soo why would location be the problem.
  2. Limey Committed Player

Geopolitical changes, taxation, regional laws, there are a large number of reasons international issues can crop up.

One big example lately has to do with RNG and real money. Many countries don't look for legal loopholes like the US is so fond of, so time capsules, being RNG and able to be opened or acquired unlocked with real money, could be viewed as gambling which could be banned, or require additional taxation, or might be required to be inaccessible to minors. In this case, DC would have to stop real money transactions in that country otherwise they'd have to drop support for the game entirely in that country.

This is just an example, I don't know if it's actually the case.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ryuji New Player

The thing is. I was still able to buy Membership using Steam. IF they would be cutting their transaction in my country then shouldn't I also not be able to pay for All Access Membership through steam. that just seems soooooo odd. Since Membership do give you what like 10? stabilizers every month.
  4. Napoleon Well-Known Player

I experienced what you've described back when this was first reported. Fortunately, it resolved itself months later. In my opinion, it's got to be some sort of Steam timeout issue. I would hammer the hell out of Daybreak Support until you can get someone over there to give you a definitive explanation. Don't take "change your method of payment" as a resolution. What one customer support representative says can be completely different from the next.

I say this because I ran into an issue just recently where it wouldn't allow me to purchase my All Access Membership. Spent 3 months going back and forth with support telling me to use a different form of payment only to find out it was actually occurring for a widespread of folks using Steam. It took a "Senior Technical Support" rep to inform me that the problem was being further investigated which eventually got fixed a week or two later.
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I ran into an issue over the last week or 2 with updates on Star Wars: The Old Republic, where someone said I should reinstall the game using the Steam Launcher instead of the game's native Launcher. I mentioned that I didn't want to trust Steam due to there being too many problems players of DC Universe Online had experienced with these issues doing game payments through Steam, and all I got was people saying "so? That's only 1 game!" with NO acknowledgment on their part that the point of concern here is the 3rd Party Service (Steam) itself. Why involve a "middleman service" if I don't have to? It only complicates a transaction that should be simple.

I'm hoping this can get resolved for everyone sooner, rather than later. But Skeptical Jack still says "ditch the middleman service and see if things improve for you!" ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. Napoleon Well-Known Player

Yeah, that's no bueno. If anything should work, it should be the native launcher.
  7. Limey Committed Player

If you read between the lines, this is also a good reminder than whether you know or not, someone is likely investigating the problem, and you hounding staff for months may help your peace of mind but it doesn't help them work faster.
  8. Limey Committed Player

Dont forget steam takes a portion of every sale, so buying market cash directly through the DCUO website is a better method of supporting the game as they get the entirety of the payment, as well.

I know some people complain about having to do that, honestly... I just do it through my phone while I'm in-game. What's the point of convenient technology of you don't use it?
    • Like x 1
  9. Napoleon Well-Known Player

If I were to post all the logs from Daybreak Support with what I went through with my particular issue, you would have a much different sentiment. I went through 5 different representatives in that time frame and was given different answers by each one of them. Eventually, one of them told me that the issue was being investigated.

"In regards to the issue at hand, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I have made sure to send this issue to our Platform Engineers for further investigation and we will respond to you as soon as we possibly can. Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation with this matter." That was after 3 months. Two weeks later, problem resolved.

In regards to this thread, it's been an ongoing issue since 2019.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ryuji New Player

This is highly unlikely to be the case. If they were investigating it shouldn't there already be a solution to the problem? When Napoleon did was bother those staff actually fixed their problem, while I only talked to ONE representative and all they could say is "you can't do nothing about it, just change method of payment.

I made that comment about my issue and my ticket around January 25 and surprise surprise my problem still isn't fixed and its already March 26. If there is an investigation so you say, what happened why hasn't it been into effects yet?

Well I'm sorry that I don't have a credit card/paypal, hence why I'm trying to cling on steam cause that's mostly how I can only pay rn, sorry for being sooo inconsiderate about how steam Is taking portion of their sale.
  11. Limey Committed Player

Nope. Investigating is only the first step of finding the root cause of an issue, followed by developing a corrective and/or preventative action to resolve the issue. Investigating doesn't guarantee the root cause was isolated, particularly it regards to an issue that is not easily duplicated/recreated. You don't know much of anything about troubleshooting, do you? That's rhetorical, you've already answered indirectly.

Did you just get butt hurt and snippy/defensive because I stated a fact? Again, rhetorical. Don't get mad at me because you dont know to handle your emotions in a rational, healthy manner.
  12. Ryuji New Player

Perfect. If you don't have any other solution to our problem other than talking in ad hominem you can just shut it? Since you aren't really solving anything if you keep countering us by giving useless information that we already know? Again. A lot of the representative did not bother to "investigate" or forward the issue to any team that could fix it. All they did was say "Just change payment methods" That's not helping people. They'll just state the problem is solved and be done with it. Again my issue still persisted DESPITE it being months already. While people's problem already existed since again 2019. Why have there been no solution to the problem 5 years later.

huh... We can sense "butt hurt" in text forms now? damn. Anyway I'm not in the slightest butt hurt about your worthless statements. If you don't know to fix an ongoing issue that is already been a present problem since 2019, why bother commenting as if you're being paid to?
  13. Ryuji New Player

Update!
    It does seem like the problem is in DCUO's side and not mines. I checked the other games if they're having the same problem, and funnily enough they aren't except for maybe EverQuest 2. So yeah buying DBC in other of their games through steam works rather than directly buying in DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  14. StellaGrayson New Player

Is there any way i could use my steam wallet in the official website version of the game? I initially downloaded both versions just to use my steam wallet.
  15. Trm199 New Player

hi mepps, I sent a ticket recently and I hadn't gotten a reply within a few days. my account was banned the otherday, or so I think (it says invalid cresadentials?) please can you or one of the other devs fix my issue, thank you. Request #1243638