Speeder EOG Universe

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Emoney, Jan 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sghoul Well-Known Player

Sadly, EMoney, pointing out hypocrisy or flawed logic rarely changes minds. The folks defending the status quo, ultimately are just defending the status quo. Their reasoning isn't really why they want it to stay the same. If they cared about the integrity of the game or not trivializing the content, they wouldn't have done it when it was easy and they wouldn't min/max their characters to make the game easier. It is either backwards rationalization or simply disingenuous. They like it how it is, for whatever their various reasons and they will disagree with any opposition to that.

To be fair, those of us wishing for a change are similar. In that we don't appreciate how the game is currently. And for most of us, I am betting it boils down to "not having fun with how it currently is" and then we extrapolate why from there. Hopefully once this new batch of Devs get their feet under them we may get a better idea of the direction of the game. Whether that means changes on the horizon or more of the same. Then folks can make decisions on whether this will be a game to continue playing in the future.

Personally, for me, the real issue is that the clamp didn't really fix anything. The core issue is still that there is a ton of content that no one plays for various reasons. The clamp and omnibus attempted to fix it, but I don't think it worked. On a thursday, when the omnibus refreshes it can be better, but within a few days, getting into some content and actually finishing it is such a chore that it is just more fun to go play some other game (of which there are tons). And THAT is the real core issue. All that undoing the clamp would do is allow for people to solo some of that content. Which for some is good enough. But I don't think it really fixes it. Because new players will still come into the game and have all of these low level quests in their journal that they cannot finish. They will see that as a failure of either themselves or the game and leave. That, to me is what is really hurting the game. That the game is really just about the current events and most of the rest of it is empty.
    • Like x 5
  2. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

It's not about making your own group. I'm not even talking about myself here, I already have EoG at 200. Every Online game needs players to continue to function, it's just how it works. Unlike others though I'm not going to pretend I know DCUOs sub numbers or it's Churn Rate. Instead It's pretty clear that the 3 main issues there are basically roadblocks. Why would you even want to start playing an online game that has an extremely clear Meta and which allows exclusivity and elitism to flourish? Because let's not mince words, that's exactly what we're talking about.

Also, bringing up "rights" is not exactly the best angle to come at this from. It's an overused and misunderstood fallback argument at best. If everyone has "the right to X" then there'd be no replies to any posts in the Forums, as folks having the Right to complain about X Y or Z would be understood and would require no reply to begin with. Just as people have the right to decide who's in their group, I have the right to bring up differences and imbalances amongst Movement Modes, EoG needing adjustment because of players' overreliance on it, and how Artifact Switching shouldn't exist. I have the right to point that out. And the right to unfortunately bring up good points about why they all need to go / be changed. I also have the right to challenge those defending the current Meta, as long as its civil, to see if they can muster a reasonable idea why things should stay as they are.

Should we continue comparing rights or get back to the issue?
    • Like x 7
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

I get what you’re saying, but it’s up to a group leader to decide what they’re willing to accept. I’m assuming their instances go quick…but waste more time recruiting someone for their USr spam group. Let them be, because ultimately the requests boil down to controlling people, and I don’t think any of us want that. The devs control the environment, not how the players interact with one another in the environment - besides setting the guardrails.

Remember the wolf runs through FoS? That also had a specific criteria for participation.
    • Like x 1
  4. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Right exactly. I'm not nor will I say "if we change 3 things it will absolutely and completely eliminate Elitism forever". That's not a realistic goal, as that behavior is entirely up to each individual.

However.

If you create an environment where the behaviour is allowed through non-interference, that's just as bad as intentionally creating it. "A lie of omission is still a lie". When it was just Superspeed, it was bad but manageable. Then it was Superspeed and EoGs superiority over other Artifacts. OK yeah, now this needs to be addressed. It Wasn't. Now it's Superspeed + EoG + Artifact Swapping. All 3 combined are just a joke at this stage. And not the funny kind. It stopped being funny long ago. At this stage, everyone is counting on a 4th thing to be added to the pile looooong before anything is ever done about the first 3. It's almost a guarantee at this stage. I mean there's still this "Mystery System" the devs have been working on in the background. You don't build a house on a faulty foundation, as such I honestly don't wanna see this system until the 2 unbelievable exploits and the Artifact Stats are changed.

This game honestly should have more players. It really should. That EG7 leaked file even called it "the one and only Superhero based MMO". But it doesn't, and there are reasons. The first step in solving any problem is admitting there is one. So as much as I love playing DCUO, it's got several problems. And the 3 main ones in here have substantial knock-on effects. There will always be Elitism in MMOs, DCUO included. Comes with the territory. The difference is right now DCUO is accidentally nurturing Elitism by allowing the 3 to continue.
    • Like x 6
  5. not serious Well-Known Player

devs don't care if there is a real balance, it's been 2 years since they told us that circuit breaker superformer of 54% and they leave it like that.
    Finally, I'm tired of always being asked when tank or heal or troll, never in dps because players prefer to inv a damn electricity or gadget.
    I'm doing very good damage but it's not enough because I'm not in supervitesse. I'm trying to be competitive in precision water flight, there is absolutely nothing to clip except the lasso which is far from optimal.:D
    • Like x 5
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Not true. I already none of my toons are speed and I never swap arts. I rarely use EoG. Plus I’m only prec on one of my EG toons. I have absolutely no issue doing competitive damage. I have no issues getting into content. And I have no issues even playing the game at all. Someone else using speed and swapping arts has absolutely no impact on my game play. If someone else spends half their time in their inventory I don’t see their screen so doesn’t affect me either. Unless they are dying constantly they don’t have any impact on my experience. And if others use EoG, the only thing that changes is where i stand. I see red I go into the red circle. I see green and I go into the green circle.

So many players come crying into the forums because they get out dpsed and like to blame the meta for this without in for a second considering that maybe it’s their ability to play the game. There will ways be a meta. This is nothing that can ever be changed. The players complaining right now will just complain about whatever meta comes next. The only thing that will stop them from complaining would be if how they like to play became meta. But then others would complain about their metas lol.

Players need to see what they are doing wrong first.
    • Like x 4
  7. August Moon Well-Known Player

Because the game allows choices just like every other game. No matter what you do there will always be a meta . There was a meta back in 2012 for trolls , There was a meta in 2015 for tanks and healers , and there's a meta for dps now. Its a repeat of history. And this isnt a Dcuo exclusive issue , there will always be metas and people who use them only. but like i said before , you can choose not to include these meta chasers by making your own group. Hell you can even make your own league and run with like minded people. only.

And as for your rights argument ,of course you have the right to complain on the forums , none's stopping you , just like i have the right to tell you you're wrong and none's stopping me.
    • Like x 2
  8. not serious Well-Known Player

the real problem with all broken meta's is that if you don't do them you will be benched and the one who does the meta will take your place on the field. My answer to that is to stop doing 8j elites since 3dlc
    • Like x 3
  9. Tolly Committed Player

the devs are too blinded by the capsules and allies, unfortunately for us...
    • Like x 5
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

It's funny to me that some of you decide to go through the bullet points affirming or denying you use them but dont realize the point of it.

These things trivialize the game and difficulty, EXACTLY how pre clamp did. I shouldn't have to remind you all of your other justifications but I do because you all seemed to really care about the integrity of this game. That's the reason I compared it to the clamp arguments, because yall always fell back on it's better for the game right?!?

But now its, meta is meta? It's my own perceived problem? My own jealousy? Etc etc.

Dont get me wrong, I can still have fun being stubborn as someone said by not conforming. But that doesnt mean I dont see a big problem here, and how especially with the extreme supercharge and artifact uses, we are getting to the same point we were before. If it mattered to you then, it should matter now.

So again, it came across as a direct attack to some of those people on here, I didnt mean it that way. I meant that your justification about the clamp changes made, should lead all of us to address the same imbalance now.
    • Like x 7
  11. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

In what universe is doing one shots to bosses the same as stacking eog and art swapping? This is literal delusion.

There was no point to your original post, it was just an angry rant.
    • Like x 5
  12. Bathroom Dad Active Player

I stopped calling it DCUO and just Flash Universe Online. It’s absolutely ridiculous. I hate what they’ve done to precision and speedsters.
    • Like x 5
  13. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I switched all my people to superspeed during SM for the pick ups. It's a huge disadvantage for other movement modes to get pick ups across any type of distance.
    I only use precision on my tank alt because of my low SP and laziness. I guess I could also do a might build since I use berserk, but range with flurry shot is just easier.
    I have EOG at 200 on my main villain and hero, but I don't tact swap very often. I sometimes do in EOG spam groups, or if I know I have a safe moment to do so. If there are 2 green spammers, I sometimes just leave it in because you get the stat buff at 200 for anyone's circle.

I don't think any of these have trivialized content, but it has made it more boring. Especially as a healer when groups demand you run 3 supercharges with EOG. I also think the stat clamp is fine. The previous way was a huge waste of all those years of content. Best part of Save The Universe is to run the elite version of old raids and actually get to see what the mechanics are.
  14. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Its an MMORPG that is to heavily based on doing damage. People will do alot to do the best dps. If the game wasnt so DPS focused then i would see your complaints as valid.
    Given there is no balance, yes it does suck seeing the same thing over and over again. We need a balance badly to change things up.
    • Like x 3
  15. Emoney Dedicated Player

Is it that bad, no not yet.

But is it making it extremely easy when difficulty is intended, yes. Is it how the devs intended us to play, no and that's based on the value of supercharge costs and the amount of time it should take to achieve it. And not only is it instant SCs, it's the statistical group boosts on top of it.

Pretending that 8 players spamming supercharge like regular tray abilities non stop isnt making things extremely easy is quite delusional....not me pointing it out. You can say it's a rant, that implies certain motives on my behalf. I'm simply being blunt and honest here, and many of you dont want to see things get changed, even though I thought we all cared about the integrity of the game.
    • Like x 5
  16. ItsMeAgain Active Player

Man it's too early in the day to read all that complaining.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The issue is that even if they fix all of the above issues people will figure out a new edge and then you all will be complaining about that. It's a never ending problem.
    • Like x 3
  18. Emoney Dedicated Player

It's not complaining as much as it is pointing out many issues with the game. I'm not mad at ya though, you dont have to read it, I have a feeling you wouldnt agree with any of it based on this comment anyhow. The rest of us can have the conversation, enjoy your breakfast.
    • Like x 4
  19. Emoney Dedicated Player

I mean that's fair....but at the same time that's their job to maintain balance. The same thing can be said if they dont fix it, more exploits will be found and piled on and then it's an even bigger mess to deal with and we will all have to live through an entire new revamp.
    • Like x 6
  20. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Right so to sum up, forget that it's getting harder daily to get into any new instance, forget that it must be frustratingly, exponentially harder for new players to do content if new content itself is already struggling, Bury our heads in the sand and forget whats going on around us and just accept it.

To that I say no.

I'm not trying to make a mockery of your point btw, that's exactly what your point is. Ignore differences and imbalances, ignore how it already has, is, and will be affecting the game going forward, just accept that you were capable of naming 5 Online Games with No Metas but this game inexplicably has to have one. No. Because it doesn't have to.

Its so very odd that your point started talking about the game "allowing choices" and then goes on to almost defend the existence of a Meta. And this is not 1 power beating all, its 3 distinct things creating this Meta. A Meta in a game categorically means it's something gamers usually have to seek out in order to play higher level instances. "The Build to beat all builds" as it is. They're contradicting beliefs. Actually the best way to describe that is its a doube-edged Sword belief. Either you change everything about your character to fit the Meta, even if it means you'll have far less fun playing, or you can stick to Flight and Artifact X and you'll run the risk of kicks and not being invited to groups and having the character the way you want but be able to use it less. I don't accept that this was the intention of the game when it was an idea on a piece of paper in the early 2000s, so it shouldn't be good enough here either.

Let me put this question to you;
    You enter a competition to hit a bullseye on a dartboard. You get to pick from 3 sets of darts in their packaging. First has 3 darts in it, second has 3 darts in it, and the third has 5 darts in it. Which one do you choose and why?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.