Unnecessary Reminder

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bathroom Dad, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Bathroom Dad Active Player

LFG isn’t a chat you use to argue with people. No one cares what you have to say, unless you need to join a group to run content. Stop it.

Idk why so many people are doing this now, but it’s happening more and more and I’m adding ALOT of people to ignore.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I want the manager immediately, there are ill gotten people in my LFG channel talking about things I don't like.

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  3. Belthazur Dedicated Player

BooHoo...

People have been doing that in Trade Chat for Many Years, Get Over it.
    IF we had a Global Chat Perhaps they would go there but Sadly NO Such Chat Exists.
    • Like x 3
  4. Dene Devoted Player

I doubt your target audience is here..
    • Like x 8
  5. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Yeah dude, I don't why they not use the general chat for that....oh wait!
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

If yore willing to wait a minute to reply to someone to keep the argument up...

Waitaminute...
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I think it's 30 seconds for a member, but yea it's funny.

The advantage is that it gives you time to think of your comeback :D
  8. DarkMastery Active Player

9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It does on Xbox, because I created it long ago :p
    But I do wish the game came with one.
  10. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Sometimes I just sit back and watch the lfg channel.

Just to add this, how many artifacts are in the game? I ask because I see lots of players asking for 200 arts, like we dont even have 100 of them…
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, it was a little louder than usual last night, but I only really care when someone starts bagging on you for actually trying to put a group together....you know...like the channel is actually supposed to be used for. Oh, sorry, did we interrupt your argument on which tanking power is best by actually Looking For a Group in LFG? Sorry...not sorry.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I think Belthazur was trying to say a default global chat. Like we have LFG and Trade being default. Custom chats that are widely supported by the community helps people who add them, but newer players would still go to Trade and LFG to random chit chat because it's seen by more. They know they are supposed to talk there, they still will do it because they know players get annoyed by it.

I just do a new tab with League, Group, and Tell chat active. Been nice for a decade now. <3
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They added LFG to the Default tab some time ago.

The reason for that is that a lot of new players did not even know there was a LFG chat to look for groups or players.
    So they seem to have added the LFG to the Default tab so that new players can know about it and use it.

And use it they do.... but as you mention..... they use it for anything but LFG. :oops:

Not sure when the change was made.... but I noticed that when I got my PS5 and had to readjust my settings.

EDIT; Even made a video about it wayyyyy back when because lots of players did not seem to know about LFG. ;)
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

LFG tends to get natty around the holidays and anniversary event with the influx of new/casual players and bitter vets announcing their return. The past few days its been disgusting. not just swearing and insults and people thinking they're witty or funny but really viscous attempts to shame people. At this point I can ignore it but it needs to be said our player base is made up of sad losers.
    • Like x 1
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, that's what I meant by wishing the game came with one. Even brought it up in my cross-faction thread a few times (like a separate cross-faction version of LFG). The most popular custom one being used is "Hunting", yet even though it's highly populated, still seems to be missing 95% of the playerbase.
  16. Tolly Committed Player

I would like more action against the gold seller (much more polluting) rather than a concern for a channel badly used by players, here are some tips for that, ignore the discussions in LFG, see, blacklist those whose behaviour bothers you on the LFG.
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

There's a "5v5" channel... that is just filled with the craziest exchanges that go on during the game.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Where every second word in the voice chat for it, starts with "N"
    • Like x 1
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Ahhhh.... So you've heard of it.
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

On Xbox we have a channel called "pvp fighting" in which got to the levels of toxicity as 5v5 (so I've heard), but has been dormant for a year or so now. Whatever was left of that crowd has long moved on.
    • Like x 1