Possibility of New Iconic Powers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Random Mind, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I think everyone can agree that the chances of DCUO adding a new powerset are none and less than none. However, would it be possible for the developers to add new iconic powers? There are plenty of iconic powers out there to be used and we use different iconic powers in the Circe/Wonder Woman/Huntress/Bizarro missions, not to mention the Legends characters. So if we can't get whole new powersets, why not add some iconic powers, I'm sure the development costs would be less, as you wouldn't be creating new powers, you would just be transferring existing powers from column A to column B (obviously more difficult than that, just saying). It would freshen things up a bit at least.
    • Like x 7
  2. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I’ve been asking for Bizarro’s Fire Breath and Freeze vision for years now.
    (I have two cold characters who I’d use the Freeze vision with calling it “The Icy Stare”
    and My Pimary character is the Golden Dragon….(I think it’s pretty self explanatory why he’d do well with Flame Breath!)
    • Like x 2
  3. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Bizarro's iconic mission is my favorite solo mission because I love using his iconic powers with Fire Breath being my favorite and the Fire Breath/Ice Vision combo power being second.
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

Same, been suggestion this for years and nothing ever happened.
    Im amazed they have survived this long when we have been 5 years without new powersets or abilities.
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I wonder how WoW is still alive? for 19 years of existence of the game there have been added 4!!! new classes... the gap between 3 new class and 4 was 6 years... I also want new powersets, new skills, new ways to develop characters... but to behave like in the DCUO, new game mechanics are added less often than in others (to besides more successful projects) mmo, this is outright nonsense ...
  6. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I have given up on new powersets because as you said, if a game like WoW is slow to add new classes, which after 19 years is still going strong, what can we realistically expect from DCUO. This is why I suggested adding new iconic powers because I think it would help satiate the hunger for new powers without the development costs of creating a whole new powerset.
    • Like x 2
  7. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

IMO
    Instead of new iconic powers. I think all powers should have advanced mechanics. And before all the older folks say no, here me out:

By advanced mechanics i dont mean how it used to be. Do 1-4 and then press 5 for huge damage. No. Instead have power sets be unique. I guess the right term would be "Unique Mechanics" and not "Advanced mechanics"
    Fire - Repeatidly set targets on fire. Burning tick damage is based on the amount of burning stacks they have applied. The more stacks, the greater the damage over time.

Electricity - Overload your targets making them a conduit for electricity to arc randomly between enemies (This will have a base damage and works like a DoT)

Light - The longer the combo you do without casting from hotbar, the more damage you begin to do, ramping up massively to a point.

Ice - Chill the targets, Making them move slower, attack slower and causing frostbite depending how many stacks they have (Similar to fire)

We have the stacking mechanics already in the game. Think revify from healer artifact. Think doom from La Mort.
    Electricity could become a major add control power with arcing the lightning to and from people passively but could lack in single targer, making people think harder about their power choices.

And so on.
    It would be nice to see powers be more diverse instead of just "Apply X effect, do more damage"
  8. Random Mind Dedicated Player

An interesting idea, however I think adding new iconic powers would be simpler than changing mechanics in every power and the easier it is to complete the higher the probability of it being completed (so a 1% chance instead of 0.5%.... lol). But I'm not a developer and I could be totally wrong.
    • Like x 1
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Oh, I'm all for it, especially that there are many different blanks in the game (iconic skills from WW, Bizarro, Circe, Huntres from solo, iconic skills from Lpvp and lpve, even during leveling in some missions we are turned into someone who has separate skills (for example, three types of demons with different sets of skills in gotham, or in zombies...), there are several forgotten trinkets that grant skills or even combos (remember the trinkets from the original central city?).

What I disagree with, is that some people (like Kuno) over and over, cannot come up with anything smarter than trying to belittle the achievements of the game and the developers ...
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Bizarro's Flame breath and Freeze Vissions...

Circe's ability to teleport and to create a clone of herself.

Would love those to be added as Iconic powers.

Maybe someday?? :oops:
    • Like x 2
  11. L T Devoted Player

Supergirl's whirlwind combo attack please!

Make Batarang Multi-shot worth using!

Give me a minute and I'll think of a few others....
  12. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I don't know if the Circe teleport power would be possible because of all the customization in the game, unless it is changed so that when you teleport you summon Circe as an ally. If they could pull off a power where you create a clone of yourself, I would probably have that power on every character.
  13. Bathroom Dad Active Player

That’s because this is a mobile super hero fashion game for game systems. I really don’t think there are more than 10 people working on this game anymore. They can’t create AT ALL. it’s just old ideas recycled over and over and over In different ways.
  14. Bathroom Dad Active Player

Uhhh flash’s arm cyclones?! That’s easy!
  15. iEddyGaming Active Player

We do have something similar in Quantum powerset, Quantum Tunnelling. not 100% same but similar. So, combining that code with circe's code, for players, shouldn't be a problem. Not a coder but still :D
  16. Random Mind Dedicated Player

It isn't the teleporting that I think would be the difficult part because as you mentioned there is Quantum Tunnelling. The issue would be the cloning aspect of the power. When you are Circe using that power you have one look, one power loadout and one movement style and that is it. If you were to give that ability to players, the variations in player looks, powers and movement styles that the developers would have to take into account, not to mention that players can change their styles and power loadouts whenever, I think would cause nothing but headaches for developers and I'm sure there would loads of bugs with that power.
    • Like x 1
  17. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I don't see a reason why we can't have new iconic powers but I don't wanna even say the reason why we haven't yet .
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkMastery Active Player

I reckon we will probably get them as future artifacts.
    • Like x 1