Okay hear me out ...... Artifact interface like the Allies interface

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TabulaRasa, Jan 21, 2023.

1. TabulaRasa Level 30

Since we have the code already written for the Allies do the same thing with the artifacts, yes I know this will piss off all the artifact swappers ( sometimes you got to make the hard decision).
    • Will free up space
    • Can see how much you need to level up any particular artifact once you get it
    • Details of how they work and can even show what they work well with.
    • Like x 3
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except arts and allies do not function the same. Ally favor only gives 1xp and can not crit. Last thing I’d want is for the nth to consumed just to crit and lose out on a lot of nth metal. Then there’s also the fact that artifacts can fail. Plus the fact that we can feed arts into other arts.
    • Like x 1
  3. iEddyGaming Active Player

Not a bad idea. But keep in mind, currently, you cannot feed an ally to another ally to level up. So, if they just copy paste the code, we won't be able to feed artifacts anymore. I think, they should add the "feed" feature in ally tab first. Then sure, why not. :D
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No....not at all please. As pointed out already, the leveling process is NOT the same....and you cannot consume allies like you can Artis. Also, the ability to 'overlevel' an arti by feeding it MORE than 1 breakthrough (if you have the Nth, but not the cats/seals) would be lost, as well as crits, which can be a MAJOR loss.

You can already see what it takes to level an arti....you can already see the effects and how they work at least as well as the allies screen describes allies. So the gain is some space in your inventory/bank. And even though I horde things as much as anyone....and also know the pain of space issues....that is not worth the trade off. And before you say anything about swapping....I'm against that, so no....I don't care that it would impact swapping one bit.
  5. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I think an interface like that to stop the massive art swap is nit a bad idea to be honest. Now it would have to allow the same benefits to arts that currently has like DeitySupreme said like the nth metal crits and all of that
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Given that this idea typically only ever comes up as a way to prevent swapping of artifacts it's a no from me.

I don't think the reasons for your idea have real necessary merit, which realistically only leaves tac swapping.

Tac swapping would be better addressed in a manner that allows a degree of compromise, given artifacts have always been sold as an element of gear we've been able to swap since the game began.

There are better solutions to address tac swapping which realistically only presents itself as a problem when done at a level that's effectively beyond the capabilities of the average player.

There's no need to take a sledgehammer to it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Tolly Committed Player

I was also thinking of proposing this, but you did it before me, I'm also for this idea, but only on the condition that we can still have the possibility to choose the amount of NTH to include in an artefact and also the possibility to break an artefact into another. The only thing I don't like about the current ally system is the fact that you can't choose the amount of ally favours you want to put in, that should be fixed.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I don't understand why this is an issue?

Ally favor doesn't crit and all it does is automatically put in what is required for level, so why does it matter?

Why would you put any less than is required because are you leveling the ally or not?
    • Like x 1
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s a solution without a problem.
    • Like x 1