Is there a patch coming?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnboundHeavenlyDemon, Jan 20, 2023.

1. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

The constant disconnects I’ve had since this year started is a lot.Every time I teleport or switch characters I expect to disconnect because of how many times I have disconnected and it happens anywhere you teleport including raids & alerts
    • Like x 1
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I've had zero disconnects. US PC.
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I've had one today and one yesterday it's becoming for me more frequently. I honestly am afraid of teleporters .
    • Like x 2
  4. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

My apologies I forgot to say that it’s been happening in ps4/5
    • Like x 2
  5. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

I switch toons and I think “please don’t disconnect me”…yet it happens a lot more often
    • Like x 1
  6. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

1-2 times a day for me, about 90 minutes play time per day.
  7. iEddyGaming Active Player

I think the crashes happen to promote the healthy lifestyle. 90 minutes play time per day is healthy, as soon as you exceed, boom! crash! :p
    • Like x 5
  8. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

When I was obsessing about this game, 2011-2014, I was hit with a round of carpal tunnel, which hurt like you wouldn't believe. Forced sabbatical from the game for 6 weeks, and when I came back it was with a strict self enforced time limit. It was hard to enforce that during lock down I'll tell you.
  9. iEddyGaming Active Player

ah man! Sorry to hear that. Hope you are better now. Back in 2011, I used to play for 5-6 hours straight too. Now, exactly after 90 minutes, my body reminds me of my age and the job I gotta wake up early for LOL Life happens, priorities changes.

Anyways, a lot of my PS friends are facing the random crashes as well. Devs gotta do something about it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Fortunately I caught it early, so I was able to take corrective action so it didn't get worse. Most people when they get it just write it off to work strain, and don't change their circumstances, so it gets progressively worse. Fortunately (or unfortunately) when it's a video game, the solution is pretty obvious
    • Like x 3
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

League mate and myself, have been having much more crash/disconnect than usual. Even couldn't log into one character at all until later in the day, just would crash.
    • Like x 1
  12. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yep the same for me to.
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I've been using beaded gloves for years, but I'm still having problems with pain in my right wrist and upper arm at present that is yet another contributor limiting my game time overall and leading to shortish periods of play.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tolly Committed Player

There was a patch for this a while back, but apparently it was a temporary patch x)

Unless I'm mistaken, now it happens more often to console players than PC.
  15. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

I finally got into a 4v4 legends match with no cheaters, only to crash halfway through :(
  16. Irvynnge Loyal Player

eu ps4. I expect to disconnect at least once every session. at least. sometimes, twice. but guaranteed once. every. single. session. without fail.
    • Like x 1
  17. KingDreDaTruth New Player

Are they ever going to fix the hard crashing issue on the ps5 causing it to FULLY TURN OFF I took a 2 week break because of this issue and lo and behold THE ISSUE IS STILL THERE. If they got time to put out worthless TCs they got time to fix a crashing issue that is literally turning off people consoles this is crazy I don't think a ps5 port is gonna fix these problems because these devs are lazy and money hungry.
  18. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Not really, game crashes after teleporting are exclusive of Ps5, Ps4 works fine, I play with my brother, in the same room, and I can watch his screen all time...and he never crashes...

PS: Loading screens takes less time in Ps4 than Ps5, we tested it several times
  19. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

Can't comment on what others experience but I play everyday with a close friend on 2 different PS4s and both our games crash at least 1-3 times a day depending on how much we play. It is usually random, but the teleporters in various open worlds are where it happens the most often.

Edit: I just wanted to add that another friend of mine plays on his PS5 and it hard crashes the entire console and shuts it down completely almost every session he plays. It literally devastates him every time and might be an issue where he stops playing all together because of it.
    • Like x 1