x2 Artifact Xp on this weekend. Nope???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GeneralPain, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Emoney Dedicated Player

When the wife and I go camping....we go camping. Tent life at a rustic site. No RV, and sometimes no electricity. Plus theres never wifi....or even cell phone coverage in the areas we are. Weve had to tether a phone to our Garmin to make a call before lol.
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They’ve happened a week or two before a DLC launches and recently have also been a week or two before survival mode launches. How do people not know this???
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

Honestly, I'd rather they end the double events and increase our normal drops. But that wont happen because artifacts are the new carrot to chase. They far outweigh the cr and sp chase.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah....I don't tent it anymore...too old....too soft. I run a pop up (basically a big tent with a box underneath...so not really glamping...but not 'roughing it' either), and yeah....the PS has been there for a 'few' trips. Mainly just to pop in for a few min if it's raining and miserable, or late at night and I can't sleep. Running a few dailies on a mobile hot spot will send me to dreamy land pretty quick.

But I do agree with Proxy on this one. Outside of a 0-80 change just so you have workable artis, OR capping off something that is just below the threshold (like a 119, 159, 199) already....I'd save it. If you've got a 120 arti already and spend weeks going from 121 to 159, in most cases you haven't really gained a lot along the way for your day to day use...however, if around the day you actually got to 159 and are about to break through, they announce 2x the next day....you could have sat on that same XP and applied it for double, getting further along in the end. I get that timing doesn't always work out....but you can't be gone EVERY day of EVERY 2x week (that is extreme bad timing if so). And if you are going to be gone, you haven't lost a lot in most cases by just applying it once you know you'll miss the week.

I mean it's your XP...you do you...but I think the objection was in professing this as a good idea for MOST new players who will probably not end up in your 'can't take advantage' situation. Most players will be able to use the 2x when it hits I'd think.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A brand new player is generally not going to know the importance of artifacts or how they work or what to do with their Nth Metal let alone aware of bonus weeks. Period.

So if someone new were to ask me about artifacts I would tell them which artifacts would be best and to get those artifacts to 80 because at 80 they are usable. The stockpiling should start after your artifacts hit 80. If you miss a bonus week then you miss a bonus week. They're not even at end game and it isn't the end of the world.

It's a dumb strategy to tell new players to trickle feed their artifacts to 160 and then wait for a bonus week. If they did that then they'll have nothing to use to take advantage of the bonus week.
    • Like x 2
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So I have about 2mil nth metal exp saved up which will be 4mil during double nth week. My newly cr skipped toon has 3 arts at 0. I could easily level them up. However why? Some players are acting as if not having arts leveled with somehow prevent them from being able to complete content. I’ve ran the raids on him and did just fine. Sadly he been fighting for 1-3 dps on this toon compared to players with maxed arts.

It’s just better to wait. There is absolutely no reason not to. Here’s why. If you save up nth and are preset. When there is double nth week then you have nth metal to use. If you for whatever reason miss the event then you still have the nth to use if you choose you do not want to wait another 4ish month. Using the nth as they come in does nothing but guarantee you can’t use the bonus week. At least you have the option if you save up. On top of that, there’s no benefit to feeding nth as they come in either. You have gain no real benefit unless you get reach the milestones. If you’re at 80, there’s no reason to feed unless you can get to 120. If you’re at 120 there’s no reason to feed unless you can reach 160. And so on. So even for players who don’t care about saving nth. There’s still no reason to feed as they come in.
    • Like x 1
  7. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I have often gone 3, 4, 5 double nth metal events, just further stock piling nth metal before I decide to rank and level whatever arts on what ever alts on want to bring up. Gives me a chance to load up on marks/dionesium/quantum field/paradox catalysts too to use. I have missed a a couple of events where I couldnt play at all. Big stinkin deal.

Spread out on a dozen alts, right now I have in the ball park of about 10/12 arts to be ranked up to 120+ and maybe 6 or 7 that will be ranked 160. All I need the source marks and catalysts to do that. Im in no hurry to rank'em up.

On my electric toon I want the Isis artifact to level. I have enough to hit 160 easy just in the nth metal membership perk. I have enough nth metal on this alt to bring quislet to 160. My rage toon that I made with the cr skip, there are 5 or 6 arts I'll get to 120+ by sending nth metal from my other alts. Outside of my rage toon to level up the 5 or 6 artifacts, I'll probably procrastinate again on my other toons and sit back and just collect as much nth metal during the event and use them in next double nth metal event.

Im on team levelupartifactsduringdoublenthmetalweek.
    • Like x 2
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

To me it's as simple as progression is progression.

Do you all save up all of your marks and wait for the episode half off gear event? Youd get soooooo much more right? No, you level up your cr as it comes because you want the progression. It's the same thing. Unless you are trying to have every artifact maxed, it's supposed to take time, just like everything else. I'm not in a hurry nor do I need every artifact maxed. Just 3 per role, and I'm good. I dont tac swap cuz it's quite hard on the PS with the menu delay.

So yeah I'll agree that it's a personal choice. Neither is wrong imo.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Eh...you might be talking to the wrong guy. I DO save my marks and wait to buy the vendor gear, normally buying either Elite if I can get the renown done during the episode, or If II don't get full renown, I'll wait till a spotlight or till the ep hits EEG and then get the set for 1/2 or 104 marks just to get the style feat. Normally the difference between purple drops and 'normal' vendor gear is a few CR only....I don't really care about the +2 CR. Elite is different, as it also brings the Affinity buff and normally a +4/5 bump in CR. Plus it allows me to buy vendor gear on alts who don't run as much so that they get the full purple set (after buying the Elite feat on them). On those toons they are getting sometimes +10 or more CR bump rom getting vendor gear...and yes...they get it at 1/2 price if I'm done on the Elite set on my main. BTW....when I buy any set...it's all 8 pieces at once...during or after the episode.

What's more....I'll save drop boxes form daily/weekly work, then open ONLY after my head augs are past the 'get more stuff' level (17 normally), so I'll get more drops(op cats this time) AND I can open batches of green/blue/purple gear and can open different pieces in the best possible order to maximize CR growth....all in one shot. I didn't open any SOBA boxes till I had 100+ dailies and around 40+ weeklies. Saves re-imprinting and re-modding time too....1 major gear change... one imprint. Again....I might not be the guy to have this discussion with...admittedly I horde more than just Nth.;)

And regarding that elite renown...I don't eat any of it till I'm using a booster...and will only use a booster if I've reached enough renown to 'max' it out....so yeah...I save and use for maximum benefit across the board. Tiny incremental progress to me is about the same as none.

Again...you do you, but 3 per role is 6 minimum, and if you factor in 2x, it's 3 artis worth of Nth that gets you to 6. Assuming no Nth purchases, if it will take a year or more to get 1, 2 or 3 to 200, why not get 4, 5 or 6 in the same time? No, neither is wrong, but to a noob reading about or not knowing about 2x, to say it's not worth holding out for....in most cases...is misleading.
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have 4 baby toons with 3 120 arts (soon a 5th)
    My 3rd has toon has 2 dps arts at 200, a 4th at 160, and 3 tank arts at 160.
    My 2nd toon has 4 dps arts at 200, and 2 troll arts at 200 (I use strat for both roles) and one of them will be 200 the next bonus.

And my main has a lot of arts at 200. Don’t even know the exact amount of the top of my head lol. He has all role arts at 160-200 and 8ish? Dps arts at 200 (none are swap arts either lol)

Atm I don’t have any immediate needs so I’m just leveling “nice to have” arts next nth week and also giving my alts some love lol.
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s not really a fair comparison since gear holds the bulk of your stats. But even with gear I never buy reg gear first. I buy elite gear and accessories first. My 2nd toon doesn’t even buy gear until he gets the feat discount. My 3rd toon also does that but with reg gear. And then I buy the reg gear feat on my main.

So yes, I do wait and try to be efficient.
    • Like x 1
  12. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1