Returning fire dps

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Swiss757, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Swiss757 New Player

Returning to this game after like 5 years and can not understand why I’m so squishy. I have taken my character up to 370cr
    And I have 220 sp. it seems like I’m far squishier than air of the other players even those less geared than me. Not sure if I’ve missed some new mechanic or if I just suck now
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Could be augments or league buffs
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You would need to provide more information than what you said.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Provide specs including loadout. Probably just low on Health.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As others have said, there really much information here. As a dps you will be squishy by nature. There are things you can do to help but in general the stats from dps gear are static regardless of what power you use. Survivability comes down to skill point specs and power set kit (loadout). For example, a fire dps using absorb heal will be able to heal themselves.

On top of that, if you’re running content with a tank they would be primarily holding aggro and in turn you would not be getting it (much). If there is no tank than aggro is based on a “hate” formula. This is essentially based on who is flu bf the most damage/healing/power healing. Normally the dps (if done right) will have the highest aggro compared to the other roles followed by healer and last being trolls. It does get a little hard to tell if adds spawn from different areas.

For example, if you are in a room and adds spawn from 3 different areas while there is a boss, the damage would normally be focused on the boss. So the boss will be targeting the player with the highest active aggro, normally being the top dps. When an add spawns away next to the boss, the dps will normally have some form of splash damage. So they will go towards the highest in their personal hate meter. This would normally go towards the highest slash damage. However if an add spawns away from the boss there will normally not be much splash damage going towards those adds. So they will not register the dps on their hate table. However healing does not need to hit the enemies for it to register on their hate table. So if the boss is attacking the dps and the healer is healing them, then the healer will generate hate towards those adds. So these adds will go for the healer.

LONG story short, if you happen to be doing more damage than those around you and there is no tank, than you’ll probably hold the aggro. And as a result will be the primary target. Leading you to believe that you’re squishier than the others.
    • Like x 1
  6. Leonite Well-Known Player

The ads usually attack the highest dps and if they're all attacking you at the same time, you won't survive even in event runs unless there's a healer around or have survivability options in your loadout. Try not to pull too many ads to attack you and at low health, block for a few seconds to let the role-less buff heal you faster - not sure if role-less buff was there 5 years ago and if not, you should read about it.
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

It could be your timing of powers too. Like others said be careful on using powers like mass detonation and flame cascade until you see the tank has most of the agro. There are spots in the newest alert where it's easy to hit all of the adds in a room and they can jump you before the tank rounds em up. Or if you are playing without a tank, be extra careful not to just cast mass detonation walking into one of the large rooms.
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

How ranked up are your origin augments and/or episode augments?