Supergirl / Superman emblem

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TriceraNL, Jan 5, 2023.

1. TriceraNL New Player

So some time ago, i created a character that i wanted to base off of Supergirl.
    Now i did reach the point where the outfit was completely done, except one thing: The emblem.
    I have been looking all over but i could'nt really find the Supergirl logo, Heck... i could'nt even find the Superman emblem and i wonder why because why can u give your character the armor / outfit but not the emblem, especially considering there ARE armor sets available that actually DO have the Superman emblem on the chest?

Also... there are quitte a few other superheros and villians from which the emblem actually IS available
    Just not from Supergirl / Superman apparantly. Atleast not anymore or not yet.

So, simply put:
    Why can't i find a Supergirl / Superman emblem for 1 of my characters?
  2. TriceraNL New Player

So, can anyone answer this question?
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Superman emblem was available for a limited time during the Death of Superman event. You missed it.
  4. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i missed that one too but i was lucky enough to get the batman V superman one you can color change so it doesn't bother me too much that i missed out on the other one
  5. Skoll Well-Known Player

There have been only 2 Superman emblems available in 12 years of DCUO. The BvS emblems were available in the marketplace store around the movies release and were intended to be permanent, unfortunately they were pulled abruptly and will never return. The other emblem was the 80th anniversary which was available until the end of 2018. Missed them? You’re out of luck.

There will never be a Superman emblem available again.
  6. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Maybe when the James Gunn Superman comes out...?

[IMG]
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I have a video or two that might help.
    I am probably overdue for a new version of those videos.... but they still might help;

8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It'd be more accurate to say that there will never be another Superman emblem available again unless DC allows it.

That's really what it comes down to. DC owns/controls the license, so they get to determine what can and can't be used or how something can be used.
    • Like x 2
  9. TriceraNL New Player

I don't think you can really say something like "There will never be a Superman emblem available again" if you aren't part of the official DC team because that's something only THEY know. I mean... They may not have plans to bring it back right now and to be honest, i'm not gonna count on it either, but who knows? Simply put: Maybe someday, maybe not. As the saying goes "Never say never".
  10. Tolly Committed Player

It's reserved for Fortnite now...
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

They may not be a part of the dev team, but Mepps is. Here's his response to another recent thread asking yet again, about a Superman emblem (this is not the first time someone has inquired about this):
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...a-superman-emblem-return.326279/#post-4556653

His response:
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They don't have custom characters with a Superman emblem in Fortnite.
  13. Tolly Committed Player

nan maybe, but they have the right to the Superman emblem even though it has nothing to do with DC...
  14. Babù Active Player

Hello :)

I posted a message to the "what costume style..." thread and I mentioned a wish about that: the possibility to get Superman/Supergirl DCUO's Version (seen on the Old Superman/Supergirl legends character version). It's different from the 80th anniversary and BvsS.

"Never say never"... as we're saying...

Besides, the Copyright will ending in few years, though we could have it with greater ease. In waiting, we have to make do with what we have at our disposal: chest styles where the emblem is included (Fallen God, House of El Warsuit) or get Superwoman Emblem as alternative.

Keeping Hope is the only thing we have left.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They have a Superman 'skin' in Fortnite. DCUO also has a Superman 'skin' it's called Legends. Maybe look into it before making a pointless remark.
  16. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Not trying to rain on your parade here but Supermans Copyright doesn't end any time soon. From what I recall it's around 2033 or 2034. Copyrights to characters only expire 75yrs after their rightful owners pass away.

So yeah, unless DC/WBD change their mind, you've at least 10yrs to wait.
  17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Here customisable characters were able to obtain the emblem for a while, but not at the moment (unless you already have the 80th anniversary emblem for a character on your account, in which case you can obtain it for a new character for 0 RBs).
  18. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

I gotta be honest, this is incredibly incorrect.

There have been 6.
    - Superman Emblem (BvS)
    - Worn Superman Emblem (BvS)
    - Superman 80th Anniversary Emblem
    - House of Xos
    - House of Ah
    - Subject 1

Some would even count the Subject 0 Emblem considering its incredibly close to either Kingdom Come or the Batman Beyond Supermans Emblem, but I've left this 7th one out.

Just an FYI, there is no House of Xos or House of Ah. The closest thing I could ever find is that in the Donner Superman film, one of the Kryptonians is called Vand-Ah. She isn't in comics. Neither are any members of the House of Xos.

Obviously if a Dev wants to correct me I'll gladly be wrong, but from what I see of the 2 Emblems, this was the Devs attempting to get a "85%" Superman Emblem into the game. The shapes inside the Emblems are very clearly S. And Kryptonian Emblems don't always have that "Diamond" border, in fact it's quite rare for it to have that, as the Zod Emblem shows.
  19. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Daybreak had a limited time branded licensing deal with WB/DC Comics which allowed them to offer the player base the opportunity to acquire the Superman emblem. From Mepp's response it is unlikely we will get the opportunity to acquire this emblem again in the foreseeable future. WB/DC Comics would need to see a financial benefit to allowing DCUO to offer the emblem to the player base. If some kind of monetary deal could be struck for another limited time licensing contract, that would be great. But it could be pricey depending on the licensing fee WB/DC Comics demands of Daybreak. I can understand Daybreak's reluctance to enter into a contract if they are not confident that can either A) break even on the licensing fee deal or B) make a profit off of it outside of the licensing fee deal.

The best option is using a Daybreak designed Superman emblem that is unique enough to not be an illegal counterfeit. I'm sure we have some good ones to choose from.
  20. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

What was said at the time by the devs, in the livestream for the time capsule those emblems came in (the Kryptonian Sixth Dimension one?) , those emblems were based on Kryptonian house crests taken from various comics (even if only seen once or occasionally). They might have made up the names of them though, if the names of those Kryptonian families weren't spelled out in the comics.