DCUO Development Update - January 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2023.

1. BumblingB I got better.

A Milestone Universe episode was definitely a much requested one. Thank you.
    I guess depending on department, the emotes system seems like it would be a lower priority. Please make it like the ally system and not grant feats. Just something fun and additional to collect. We don't need progression behind this.

Justice League Dark and Lantern Spectrum DLCs confirmed!

Are there still plans for cross faction grouping that has been going on for about a year and a half now?
    • Like x 2
  2. Blight KOBRA Commander

Three episodes in one year, that is ambitious.
    • Like x 1
  3. JoeKerrJack Level 30

Good news.
    However I would like to see more Joker stuff (still waiting for it).
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Some very preliminary work on emotes slipped out in the last update, which is what caused the lists to get messed up. The fix for that will roll out soon, well before the actual new emotes system launches. Existing emotes are not being removed.
    • Like x 5
  5. SilkyPawz Bunny

Thank you for the Development update.

What I would like to see, while this is a business and it is a business to make money I would really love to see it also be put into the game, as I read in your interview after the Amazon partnership fell through with the new game that it would be put back into DCUO, I don't know about anybody else but this update doesn't show what you said in the interview!

I would really love to see Quality content not the constant reskinned rehashed instance, while I like some parts of the current DLC I dislike parts of it as well, Neuron raid is beyond annoying the little hallway stairwells with 8 people having robot sidekick, henchmen, artifacts, allies would be so nice if we could phase through all that instead of being stuck in a doorway for several minutes because you can't get through all of those things. This DLC was just so much overlapping reskinned instances that it's hard to even login somedays besides doing dailies.

While I also understand you lost a lot of employees who left, it still doesn't explain a lot of things that have gone unfixed! Phoenix Cannon to this day PS crashes, among other things but the crashes are just insane who wants to login to only crash 5+ times a day.

League hall I would love to see it updated more base item placement and why is there still a Limit on Prestige? this should have been removed with stat clamp, I think this needs to be looked at and updated.

I would like to see:

Everything stack to 999

Better Member Rewards, I personally don't need the same enhanced gear that I got a few years ago again as a member reward or please have a system, since I have the enhanced gear like other games lets say I can instead get more Tokens of Destiny 5 extra and so on, other games allow you to exchange duplicate items towards a credit.

Be Able to Feed my Ally into another Ally, while many don't like that I personally don't see why we can't?

Why not Sell older content Skill points have a box on the Marketplace for New Members content No One runs anymore like $10-$20 dollars. So new members don't feel so intimidated by people who have 600-700+ skill points.

PVP, if you are not going to do anything with PVP, then why not sell the Skill Points for PVP and remove it once and for all and free up resources, same goes for Watchtower and Hall of Doom. There are so many speed hackers in PVP and it is so broken.

I would like to see a system since we have sooooooooooooo many events where if people don't move there is a timer and they get kicked, like in several other games I play. I have done my share of carrying over the years but again as we have so many events it shouldn't be on anyone to sit there and do all the work while some people just stand there or fly up to the ceiling or just fly around the room but mostly just stand there doing nothing. This has been mentioned so many times by so many people on the forums.

While I could sit here and go on and on, I would like to add that I do appreciate all the devs do and have made some improvements but so much more needs to be done! I would really love something fresh and new, so tired of the same DLC, 1 raid, solo or duo, alert and Bounty after Bounty!

Thank you.
    • Like x 7
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think really investing in pvp and making the onboarding easy for newcomers could be what's needed. It's what used to keep me occupied in between content drops.

THat plus Survival mode is what I think will go a long way.

I'd be even down for making Legends pvp be the main pvp and balancing the roster over time to accommodate that. It's far easier to balance characters that will have the same move set every time rather than the player characters. Break each character into a role. They could potentially turn it into a moba like experience if they really tried. have some work on a a 3 late map. First oone being brainiac themed. Re use assets for creeps and i think we are on to something. They can then monetize via skins for the legends.
  7. Eve YouTuber

Pretty sure it will be Dark Crisis :p
  8. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Soc Level 30

All of This^^^
  10. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I bet there's going to be a Kneel to Zod emote
    • Like x 3
  12. Skoll Well-Known Player

Am I going crazy here? Some of these responses and you’d think the game is going UE5 with no more paywalls. The only thing new we are getting is Emotes? Seriously?

No mention of new abilities for existing powers, no movement mode additions/balance, no mention of Survival Mode or a successor, no power changes or balance, no improvement to style customization, no base changes, no league hall changes, no community style poll like we had for Blue Beetle, no actual gameplay improvements, no graphics/texture updates and the list could go on and on…

And I know this is only more or less a quarterly update, but feels a little lacklustre, especially comparing it to when Panderus was giving them back in 2021. We are getting 3 Episodes this year which is great (assuming they release on time and are not delayed), and I know they don’t like to give too much information due to plans changing on the whims of higher ups, but it all just feels a little… meh? Emotes are cool, and I don’t think anybody would care that they will obviously be monetized, but please do not add feats to them.

It will also be a big day when the words “Playstation 5” are removed from the “Future” section on the graph. Going all the way back to the May 2021 dev update, it’s been sitting there and hasn’t moved since. Also nice to throw in the Xbox in there, thought you guys had forgotten about that platform.
    • Like x 6
  13. zNot Loyal Player

And only 2 episodes per year :/ with only one raid per episode thats a massive downgrade interms of content
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Ranmaru said a few months ago he will look into it but nothing happened so far and we dont know if its even gonna happen would be nice if mepps could let us know if they have even anything planned interms of balancing this year if they do they shouldve written it on this post honestly emotes and dlc for a entire year seems so underwhelming for the amount of revenue generated
  15. Skoll Well-Known Player

It seems in 2023 we will be getting 3. EP45 in the coming months, EP46 in Summer, and EP47 in Fall, which is quite optimistic to release 46&47 so close together so I will believe it when I see it unless they are PT1&2 style episodes with little changes.
  16. zNot Loyal Player

Isnt one of those episodes Save the universe? Which isnt a new content but upscaled old content
  17. Skoll Well-Known Player

I hope not… they only counted STU as an episode when it first launched, the last time with DWF and KCT raids it didn’t count as an episode, so I really hope that isn’t what they are alluding to.
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Yea would be nice to know abit more details
    • Like x 1
  19. Incineration Inferno Active Player

I agree and disagree but will have to give you a more in-depth reply later lol
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Me:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1