It's Been Over A Decade, Why No....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GhostRyder3000, Dec 26, 2022.

1. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

...major use of South Gotham?

It seems like there has been vast areas of South Gotham that is still just terra intacta.

By this point, we've reused several spots in Metropolis and Gotham several times over?

Is it all the bottled buildings? Is there a way to just remove the bottles?
    Brainiac was beaten years ago.

Not complaining... Just wondering.
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Did you know that Flashpoint Gotham is an unbottled South Gotham?
    • Like x 9
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

You'll also notice there's a LOT of space on Earth 3 which wasn't used. I always thought this meant we were going back there at some point.
    • Like x 2
  4. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

• Like x 7
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Well..... I'll be darned,

Nevermind.

Short-lived thread.
    • Like x 1
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

There are so many unused areas in all content that can be built on...
    • Like x 4
  7. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

something about brainiac invading...there's still plenty of open space in regular Gotham and Metro for future dlc's tho
    • Like x 2
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I mean, could still use the thread to discuss parts of maps we'd like to see utilized. I'd love to see more of/another section of: Earth 3 Gotham, Central City, Bludhaven, Coast City, Zamaron, Titans Tower, ETC.

If it were possible, I'd also love some way to just explore some of the instance specific areas like the Clocktower without having to go through the instance so we could just look at and appreciate the map/place and do some photoshoots (not get any loot or investigations/briefings or anything, just explore and soak in the area and get pics of our characters). Would be really helpful for getting nice pics of my characters. Or just some sort of photobooth thing that lets you pick the scene to take the pictures in. (IDK if it would be possible to let us somehow get pics of several of the characters on an account together.) The greenscreen item is a good step, though even that is still fairly limited.
    • Like x 2
  9. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

From what I remember it’s not exactly South Gotham. The Flashpoint Gotham space includes the area where the Cathedral should be but it’s not there.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Cathedral is actually outside the boundary of the Flashpoint map. Look very closely.
    [IMG][IMG]
  11. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Since they've re-used the maps for Kahndaq recently they should probably use Bludhaven and Coast City/Ferris Aircraft again too. But please I love DCUO so no more Gotham, Metropolis or Central City for awhile because those are overused by now. Plus no more Atlantis or Themyscira too please.
  12. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Eh, I could go with Atlantis. I don't use my underwater soundtrack enough for this game anyway.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I kind of think it was a byproduct of having the 2nd wave of missions be there (the Battle for Earth ones) as if you were a low character and strayed into that area...you were wrecked by the Brainacs. I'd assume that adding more and more...and higher and higher...missions would make other areas of the map unusable to the low characters. Better to compartmentalize zones for higher content and leave Gotham and metro to the lowest common denominator. Seasonal stuff, sure...but again, those are set up to accommodate level 20 or whatever....not level 100.
    • Like x 1
  14. sebfm Well-Known Player

With a league mate, we were actually talking about this subject. Actually, we were asking ourselves why there is no more use of current open worlds and not much more cities to visit (Keystone, Starcity, Central City, etc) with lair capacity and some bars/neutral zones (Oblivion Bar, Kord Industries, etc).

We were asking ourselves what would make the game feeling more a superhero game than it is and were thinking about events (notification alerting heroes and criminals of current bank robberies, kidnapping, hostage taking, etc) in the current open worlds.
    Moving through episode is rather cool, but having a large world where we can access content geographically could be sweet and provide more immersion.

Currently, we can either put our base in Gotham or Metropolis or in House of Legends. In the Game intro video, we see Lex Luthor releasing exobytes around the world. There should be residents of other cities concerned with exobytes, even Kahndaqi people should be concerned more or less :)

We were also asking ourselves, how do people trapped in bottles are doing, after 11 years trapped. did they grow children? Did they aged? how did they feed? How is it possible 11 years later status quo was maintained without Brainiac or Heroes or Villains to gain territories? Soooo much questions, so little answers ;)

Jokes aside, it would be sweet to provide new content to current open world, providing somewhat feats or drops or faction bonus (either Heroes/Villain or Meta/Tech/Magic).

I was too hoping for content added to older episodes open-worlds or solo/duo/alert/raids (Rise of the Bat's Bat Drone is a real nice idea for people to come back to older content discovering new content inside).
    • Like x 1