Up-Votes Needed All Access Recurring Membership Through Steam No Longer Working

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Napoleon, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Napoleon Well-Known Player

Three months ago, I ran into an issue where the payment from my Steam account timed out. I had to go through Daybreak support to resolve it. The following month, the same payment that was suppose to go through didn't. Luckily this time, I was not charged. I was told by Daybreak support that I needed to manually put my method of payment in, which I did.

I am now on month three where I can't even purchase my membership through Steam now. I have had no issues for YEARS using this form of payment. I am now being told I need to use another method to purchase my recurring membership. Something is wrong here and I feel it's not on my end. Any help through Daybreak support has now been exhausted.
    • Like x 1
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

3. Napoleon Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  4. GermanM Committed Player

Hmm, i was trying yesterday to get "All Access" using Steam i cannot either, maybe is something that daybreak need to fix.

Just one question, in what currency do you have your wallet in steam? maybe that´s theproblem.

Im from south america and my wallet is in the currency of my country.
    • Like x 1
  5. Napoleon Well-Known Player

It's US and even when going through the website, I get an error message telling me to contact Daybreak support if the problem persists.

When I say I've used the same payment method for years, I'm talking since f2p was introduced. This all stems from one occurrence where the money was taken from my bank account but I had no access to my sub. Daybreak had to do something on their end to fix the problem.

This was what support told me 3 months ago;
    "Unfortunately, it looks like there was a timeout with Steam and we apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

Thanks again for your patience.

Best regards,"

The following month;

"Greetings,

Last month with the billing problems we had to manually grant the membership and unfortunately you will need to manually set it up again.

(A list of instructions on what to do.)

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,"

I manually setup my form of payment through Steam and it worked. That's not the case for this month. All I get are error messages from the website no matter what browser I use.

What's really strange is lots of people have issues even purchasing DB cash with Steam. I was in the same boat at one point in time, but further down the line I attempted to make the same purchase and it finally went through, this being several months later.

(Have you contacted support for your issue and if so, what did they say? I hope it gets resolved for you and Happy Holidays.)
  6. GermanM Committed Player

Yeah look very similar to my case, instead this is my first time, of course.

and for Daybreak i only got this:
    Hi,

You have submitted a ticket outside of our regular hours.
    We do not currently offer evening or weekend support for this service.

Don't worry, we're still going to help you--your ticket has been placed in our queue and will be addressed as soon as possible.
    (Please remember that all tickets are responded to in the order received.)

Thank you, and keep being awesome!

It seems hey are off for christmas... im still waiting for a reply. I send that the 23.
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Having to go through Steam as a middleman service seems to be a big part of the problem, and the solution for that is to stop using Steam as the payment service, and to switch to paying Daybreak Games directly through the built-in processes the game offers itself.

If you're unwilling or unable to make that change, you're going to keep having these issues whenever they pop up for Steam users. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  8. Napoleon Well-Known Player

With all due respect, that's a terrible solution. If you're okay with being a longtime customer for a service and having your form of payment all of a sudden stop working, good for you and I applaud your patience.
  9. Napoleon Well-Known Player

Problem seems to be resolved but I had to bite the bullet and use a different form of payment just so I wouldn't lose out on the anniversary rewards. Very frustrating to say the least.

"-------.Yesterday at 14:31
    *This is a mass message that intended for any players that were experiencing a recent billing issue while trying to use Steam.

Thank you for your waiting so patiently on us to reply back. At this time, when convenient, we kindly request that you try the purchase again at your leisure and please feel welcome to let us know if the issue continues and we can update our engineers.

Thank you again for your ongoing patience with this matter and we hope that you have a wonderful time playing our games. Take care and have fun!
    Senior Technical Support
    Daybreak Games"