New concepts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Knight Racer, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I was hoping instead of the same old dlc updates of new story, new gear style to unlock with a new currency and some new bosses we would have a dlc dedicated to allowing us to design our own sidekicks weapons and powers and styles we've unlocked for our own toon. Instead of causing 1 attack and disappearing, they could stick around d for at least 30 seconds with a 1 minute cooldown.

Another idea I had was a customizable vehicles system where you choose styles for your vehicle like paint job and weapons systems for some great city wide chases to make use of the open world. These vehicle fights will drop weapons systems, vehicle paint job styles. Items to craft new weapons and schematics for new weapons to craft.
    • Like x 1
  2. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

With the 1st idea I think you've confused Sidekicks with Allies. Sidekicks do stick around and do more than 1 attack. Allies are the Iconic Superheroes/Villains that do 1 attack. Theres no chance in hell of being able to customise their attacks the way you're describing. Not unless it was a choice between approved choices made by the Devs and DC.

The second idea won't be happening at all. Because we don't have vehicles. And with Movement Modes, we don't need them either. The Days of Open World Raids where vehicles might have fit in died off after Hand of Fates DLC. Now we have tight cornered rooms that any vehicle you could think of would just slow progression by blocking doors.

Not trying to put your ideas down btw, just explaining why they'll realistically never happen so you don't get your hopes up.
  3. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I think you're a little confused by my concept idea. I never said customized in existing ally. I said create and customize a side kick from scratch including body type, weapons style, and powers. You can use existing styles that you've unlocked. I would like them to stick around for more than one minute. But since you brought it up, I do find it ridiculous that allies only do 1 attack and disappear when you put so many resources into them. For them to have passive abilities is OK when you have worked on multiple allies but 1 attack and disappearing almost doesn't make me want to put in the work of leveling them up and getting the resources they need to craft to the next star.
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

I’m a superhero/supervillain, right? Why fly when I can burn fossil fuels in a vehicle? :)
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It seems to me I remember someone posting in a different thread along similar lines as this one, of having one of our other alts as a sidekick. In other words, the sidekick would look like one of our alts. It might be fun to run around with your alt tagging along beside you. I wish I could credit the poster whose idea this was but I don’t remember the name or the thread.

Regardless, I wish the sidekick would hang around longer like the pet does. I suppose there are reasons for this being the way it is currently.
  6. Grim931 Committed Player

Pretty obvious from his post that he wanted to add more to do in game in the open world areas... fossil fuel consumption would remain the same with/without them.

Besides 1-30 and a few operations/collections, we really never have a reason to go back to it.

Vehicles could also bring in revenue, open up new avenues for people who like different gameplay options, add new combat or race mechanics.

They could introduce a new form of PvP with them as well, so they could balance it as a separate entity and not interfere with PvE combat.

They could also open up new areas to travel in with vehicles. Possible space travel/high altitude races/combat zones. This could open up new missions for old DLC content as well, such as War of the Light, where you can plainly see a huge war zone going on above the planet.

No need to discredit an idea just because it doesn't make sense to you.
    • Like x 1
  7. Plowed In Loyal Player

This is not “that” game. With unlimited resources, yep go for it. In a 10+ yr old game that hasn’t had a new power set added or existing PvP retuned…you want an even bigger project to be greenlighted? It’s not realistic, but it doesn’t hurt to dream big. ;)
  8. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

Then you might as well say goodbye to so many more of the game's community. I mean how long can you stick around for dlc with the same formula implemented "new boss, zone to earn new currency, same type of daily missions, new style gear to fight the same bosses with." People want something new and fresh to stick around an old game with outdated graphics and having a new piece of gear to level up like an artifact or existing gear slot just isn't going to cut it for much longer. Haven't you noticed how it's getting harder and harder to find people to run newer content with? people aren't powering through to end game of they're sick of the game just trying to reach level 30.
    • Like x 1
  9. Grim931 Committed Player

They could start small...

The concept was that it could lead to something bigger. They already have a few "vehicles" in the game (base items/trinket forms/vehicles in content as objects), so some animations/models are there and ready. They have a way to tie in tray abilities to these trinket forms, so check that off the list as well.

Realistically, if they want the game to succeed, they're going to have to add to it eventually. They've been adding on to it, so I'm not sure why this is so unreasonable.

There are a ton of assets already in game as well, they just need to connect the dots.
    • Like x 1