Dev Discussion Episode 44: Neron's Underworld (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Oct 26, 2022.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Yes, we were experiencing this as well and was our solution too. Move them apart, making them closer to each wall.
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Regarding elite plus:

Last boss doesn't feel much different from the regular elite version. Provided people dodge the lava it is a very straightforward fight for elite plus difficulty.

Was Neron scaled up at all in health/damage compared to elite?

Also what happened to the Hellfire Curse red markers? Were they scrapped from the final version?
  3. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Elite Plus feedback

This is probably most annoying thing in whole 1st boss fight: When Hatred finish his charge attack and then lunge to tank right after that, he carries that charge attack and kills the tank. Its the same bug Minotaur had on Survival modes.
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

For elite and elite plus:

Please can you make the Hellfire Curse proximity red marker mechanic much more likely to happen? I've seen it happen on rare occasions but could be something that occurs after a certain amount of time, and if the group damage towards the boss is high, it may be that it doesn't occur on that raid run.

I'm not sure if it is intended (previous build of the raid but rejected and then leaked on afterwards unintentionally), bugged, or if it's just due to high damage burn towards the boss in endgame groups.
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

More feedback for Hatred/Selfishness fight in elite plus:

1. Both need higher health.
    2. Hell's Hatred's Hatefire should KO its affected player once the channel is complete. To compensate, its health should be lower so the group has a better chance of KOing it in time.
    3. Selfish Demon's primary attack should do massive damage to the group rather than just stun. Making it more of a priority to counter them and defeat them. (Similar to Destroyers from SWE+ second boss)
    4. General damage buff to both bosses. Weapon attacks/counters should hit very hard or KO a tank if successful.

More feedback for Neron fight in elite plus:

1. He needs higher health.
    2. Any interruptible mechanics (like Flame Breath) should be more impactful to the group on impact. I.e. KO any players affected. Making it so players have to counter this.
    3. Fire Ball should KO any player who doesn't block it when it explodes.
    4. Underworld Admonishment (the stomp players do in form) should KO any player who isn't blocking. Similar impact to Proma's Eternal Anguish in SWE+.
    5. Hellfire Curse should occur more frequently for the group. I'm partly convinced it is bugged due to how infrequently this occurs.
    6. Have Underworld Rebuke operate more similar to One Who Laugh's Callous Anger from SWE+. When the player who has aggro of the boss receives 4 rings it will cause a group wipe or major damage to the group.
  6. Quixotic Developer

Some Elite Plus updates for Neron's Underworld
    • Increased health and defense for Bosses
    • Hatred will delay a bit after his charge before attacking again
    • Hatred will only target players with Raging Backhand (blink attack)
    • Neron will attempt to use Hellfire Curse more often
    - Quixotic
  7. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Elite plus, Neron fight feedback:

(possible bug)
    As a tank theres been a few occasions where I couldnt see rings on my character. I know he puts rings while I have the agro. In one attempt he put 3 rings on me and then did his pull-in mechanic(red rebuke mechanic like in TSWE). During that pull my 3 rings disappeared and once rebuke ended I thought all rings are gone so I kept agro. Then when he put the next ring, it was the 4th ring and he locked my abilities. Looks like a visual bug or just one time thing. Kinda minor issue but there.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Elite plus feedback:

Is there any way that Hatred does not target a player (with Raging Backhand) who is affected by Hatefire by the Hell's Hatred add?

You can't block that attack if you are stunned by the add and Raging Backhand KOs the targeted player if they aren't blocking.

The other alternative solution is that if a player is affected by Hatefire from Hell's Hatred that they take less damage from Raging Backhand.
  9. DamageControlPS Active Player

DEVS: With the recent tinkering of both raids Elite plus versions I think both raids got nerfed hard especially last boss encounter some mechanics aren’t one shorting tanks and health defence also reverted back to old. Please have a look because current state of the raids are extremely underwhelming.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Elite plus feedback: The snare AKA death clap, if the boss is lunged it shouldn’t be killing people, whereas we’ve had several ocassions where it’s lunged and still manages to kill people.
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Flightsnare I believe it is called, for reference.
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Regarding elite plus version:

If the group wipes on the Neron fight, then re-attempts the fight after, Fire Field AOEs no longer spawn (or spawn very rarely). (The red fire AOEs). Please fix so this occurs on every boss attempt.

Regarding elite plus and other versions where applicable:

If players are KO'd and out, and outside the map while fighting Neron, they still get Hellfire Curse red proximity markers and still can do heavy damage to/KO nearby players who are also not in the boss fight but just outside the green barrier. Presuming this isn't intended also?
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

If there are more feats added in the future, please can there be a feat added for activating empty vials (making mistakes for soul feat) at least x amount of times, and then defeating the adds that spawn? (for Neron fight in the elite plus version)
  14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

More feedback:

For all versions:

Sometimes when Hatred teleports and does Raging Backhand, he may shift the affected player along slightly and may move them out of block if they are blocking, thus causing a KO.

Is there any way of making it so this doesn't occur? Hatred shouldn't be moving the player at all if they are blocking.

For elite plus:

Neron fight - If the group wipes, the adds at the start of the fight spawn at a considerably lower rate, ie. one at a time after the first wave. This mechanic doesn't work as intended after a wipe. Please can this also be looked into?
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Regarding elite plus - Neron fight:

For the soul mechanic, can you make it so once you activate the vial with the blue soul and you return to normal (normal style/loadout), that you can't be able to activate the vial again during the transition window?

Sometimes due to lag the player may accidentally/unintentionally activate the vial twice (the second time while in the midst of transforming back to normal), and while the first time they retrieve the soul, the second time the vial is empty and will not only fail the Soul Purpose (Elite Plus) feat, but cause adds to spawn.

This could also be perhaps because the player accidentally presses Circle on their PlayStation controller twice, but even then once you start successfully transform back to normal you shouldn't be able to activate the vial again during that time window while transitioning back.

As shown here:

16. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I have two questions about the first boss fight in Elite Plus.
    1. Could the timing on the "shield" for people who are stunned by Hell's Hatred be reviewed? I was personally locked down by Hell's Hatred twice by Hell's Hatred tonight where Hatred teleported to me and hit me for my full health. The server update from 1/10 insinuates that shouldn't happen anymore.
    2. The Flightsnare clap seems to be a movement mode deterrent. Is it only supposed to hit people with their movement modes on? I also have had multiple instances where I've not had my movement mode toggled on and have been one-shot by that. Is that because someone else has their movement mode on? Someone near me and I got in the way?