I love DCUO so can you add a party-size option already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Con, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Plus 10 for cuteness!!! Meow! :D
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

1) It's not reality.... It's just how you see it in your head.

2) No one besides you said anything about a desire to abuse the system...
    That is just your presumption... and beings how you've accused everyone of it being their motive/desire for the system when they clearly just want to que into content that is beyond a reasonable wait... I'd say that you're faaaar more paranoid about it to be taken seriously.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Im not insulting you, I'm just explaining to you why your idea is a bad one, optional or otherwise.
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

if you can't grab a fourth player in a massively multiplayer online role-playing game with over let's say 1,200 people logging in a day. What is the statistical odds that you can't grab seven people?

And if you're population is that down bad, that you couldn't grab seven people unless this game was in sunset mode it's best to encourage people to group up rather than allowing more solocentric play?
    • Like x 1
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

Says the one complaining about me complaining.

Asking for an option isn't really complaining..

So you're really just complaining about me not complaining at all.

I didn't say you were.....

You're just explaining WHY YOU THINK the idea is a bad one.

Pssssst...
    Here's a secret: You might not be right,..
  6. Proxystar #Perception

It's not a presumption, it's exactly how it'll be utilized and you know it, hell deep down you know it's how you'll utilize it

You'll use the system to just pop every queue you can while involving as few people as possible, you seriously expect us to believe you'll wait any period of time for people to join, you so won't and don't pretend otherwise, it's horribly disingenuous

You'll get the few people you know or need, you'll pop every queue you can under the sun and this type of mentality will flow through all aspects of the game.

Omnibus will be destroyed and group content utterly undermined, but that's actually what you really want, that general sentiment has been abundantly obvious since you turned up on these forums recently, you just don't like it.

So you attack everyone, throw around silly ideas, ignore the damage these ideas will cause then just insult opponents with virtually blatant disregard you just don't like I'm calling you out on the BS.

These aren't just conspiracies or things I'm making up, it's exactly what would happen if you made an AQS system, you'll end up with all the community segmented off in even bigger factions than they are already and it'll be even harder for new players to get things done or break into these groups than you allege it is now.

They'll just perpetually ignore you because they will literally never need you ever again lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well if you think doing the event is faster with 1 person than it would be with 4...even if the other 3 players contribute almost nothing...you are a fool and have no idea how someone would actually use an AQS system, so I can see your delusional thinking there. No one is queuing in solo for content that will pop in less than 1 min and NOT working on a feat. Maybe you believe they would, but you also might believe in Santa Claus...who knows?

Actually the fact you think I run all 8 toons all the time shows you haven't been paying attention. It's lower...noticeably so, and generally not worth the effort except a few runs. But will I grab one or two up to fill a 7th or 8th spot if I were looking to do something in a raid and couldn't get a response in LFG for that same last spots? You're GD right I would....and apparently so would other people who shout every day in LFG for 'need 1 to queue and leave'. Now, granted some of those are so they can invite a villain buddy,(It actually resolves this issue too...go in short, invite friend) but many are not. I've joined a few and have asked "working on a feat"? And been told yes. If I needed it I'd stay...or if they said they needed help, I'd stay (unless it's a PITA...I'm not doing 666 demons again), but obviously most don't think they'd need the help, or feel a random might bork things up...and you know what...they would probably be right, so I just help them queue and leave and let them work on things as they want.

If all these people who are excluded from feat runs, or can't get something they need to pop, well heck....what's it that we've been told time and time again? Oh yeah....build a group. And hey now....they wouldn't need to find all 8 people.
    • Like x 3
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

OMG!! It will be...

“Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!”

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

Stop telling me what I want or how I'll play.

And... I have said that there should be a timer... so yeah, Mr. WrongAgain.... I'd wait.

Yes. Yes they are.

Even if your scenario did turn into reality... Right now? It's just things you're making up.

OR you presume.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry....you are the one who's spent a year saying they couldn't form a group for anything. And it's not 'grabbing a player'....it's grabbing a player to work on something specific or takes co-ordination. I can imagine all those runs of FVR I queued for (some of which took 15+ min to pop on a 2x weekend....the run takes <10 min) if I had wanted the last boss reverse order feat or to drop the rouges in front of the statues...or if I wanted to run the cogs on the platforms 15x before grodd went down....oh I'm sure those would have gotten done in a random group. You bet.

People don't want to work on feats....or maybe they don't use LFG....or maybe they already have them and don't feel like participating. All of those are valid reasons any number of those 1200 people don't want to be 'grabbed up'. Same as it's a valid reason I shouldn't be required to MAKE them join in some random queue then beg them to 'help' on something I'd want.

And I know 'solo' is in your name, but you really need to look past all this 1-manning things nonsense. I know Proxy has you convinced otherwise, but as someone who already has the ability to do it solo....it's generally not worth the effort (for raids at least). 'Short 1 or 2' would likely be the most used scenario. And for feat runs I'd guess. No loot run in the game is faster with less people....well, maybe TSW if the one guy repeat wipes the group.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

You're the one telling us this is how you want to play through your continued expressed views in numerous threads, an apple is an apple and you are an apple who wants apple things.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

If only you knew solowing was the one that convinced me of a better path.

Dmm dmmm dmmmm.

I used to think like you until it became obvious as to how flawed your logic is

But much like Con you'll deny the damage it does, case in point this is why you don't have many elite feats, because you're failing to engage in the real solution. Real networking.
    • Like x 2
  13. Grim931 Committed Player

Did you even read the post before replying?

Maybe take a few extra minutes to let it settle before you do, because you aren't just wrong here, you're showing a complete fundamental lack of understanding.

I appreciate the insight Confucius, but there's only so much one person can do over and over again. Can't tell you how many leagues, friends, groups; all the "networking" I've done; only to have it fall apart seemingly overnight. Joining a league now is almost pointless, considering each one I've tried joining recently had at most 5 active players on at a time (including myself) out of the hundreds that it was comprised of.

If you're math is as good as your reading comprehension, that doesn't even equate to one full raid group (you need 8 for this)... Maybe one of us should've got on Twitch? Who knows... maybe that one guy from +9 years ago in Australia will recognize my voice, jump on game immediately, and fill in that vacant spot...
    • Like x 2
  14. Grim931 Committed Player

Have you tried Twitch? Might get more luck there...

/sarcasm.

All jokes aside, you did a good job with that thread. Sorry that it fell apart so quick.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

If you are having trouble forming the networks then perhaps consider whether there's anything you can do to change the approach.

Not all leagues are dead, find one that isn't.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Your sarcasm is humorous, twitch is an example where you can see these groups in action for yourself, i was leading you to a place where you might find a contrarion view as to bust your confirmation bias.

You wouldn't generally go to twitch to find people, although you could in a sense by watching a streamer, then making friends with them, that might give you a start of course and go from there, but then again, no this is all too hard because you say so, right...

Keep wallowing around in pity seems to be your prefered option.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Con Dedicated Player

Oh? I just presumed it was some sort of head injury.

"I'll take 'Words Said By A Cult Member' for a thousand, Alex"

Not saying that it will destroy the game isn't the denial that you think it is...

I just see the Pros outweighing the Cons.... So to speak.:cool:
    • Like x 1
  18. Grim931 Committed Player

A smart person would recognize there's a reason the horse wasn't drinking...

I've gone about it from multiple different angles. Knowing the work involved in getting to that point and having it falling apart, recognizing the signs of a failing league once invited, and realizing the effort involved isn't worth the payout ultimately, are all factors from my point of view. I just don't bother anymore, and quite frankly don't play enough to care.

And that's like finding hay in a needlestack... but sure, it's just that easy.

Back to the topic...

Regardless of my personal preferences, I still think people should have the option to play how they want to play. Queue up with whoever they want to queue up with, and not have whatever arbitrary requirement you deem necessary.

The scare tactic and apocalyptic viewpoint that this would somehow destroy the game is just hilarious to me.
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Its not an arbitrary requirement I deem necessary, it's an arbirtray requirement the devs deem necessary.

You can ask for the option all you like but they're not giving it to you because it undermines they other systems they've put in place telling you how to play the game.

They're not going to give you an option to play the game in a way that damages or undermines other ones.

And no offense but it sounds like you've just given up even trying to network in game, so respectfully again, you get out what you put in, you're putting in nothing but instead of trying harder you're just insisting the game change so you don't have to bother.
  20. Grim931 Committed Player

This might have worked, but there was one fatal flaw in your plan...

I've played DCUO...

Seeing a few full groups on twitch is all well and good, but it's hilarious that you're trying to use a very small subsection to disprove what we're all seeing on a daily basis. Knowing this was the case makes it that much funnier... considering this is an outlier to what is actually going on for most of the playerbase. You're also actively ignoring physical evidence that was provided, so if anyone is guilty of confirmation bias... that would be you.

Keep trying though...

One day, you might actually persuade someone. Until then, congratulations on being the joke. You're funnier than I could ever hope to be.
    • Like x 2