Server Downtime - December 8, 2022 - Game Update 131

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Game Update 131

All worlds will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on December 8, 2022, to launch Game Update 131. Downtime may last up to 10 hours.

This update features the winter seasonal event and will bring all worlds (including Switch) up to date with the latest version of the game.

The full update notes will be posted in the Live Update Notes subforum when available.

Update: All worlds are now online.
    • Like x 10
  2. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

This should be GU 132, no? :oops: I thought we already had GU131 here.
    Will the bonus stabilizer week start after servers are up?
    • Like x 2
  3. 4MeRockz New Player

Will the bonus stabilizer week start too ?
  4. CROVAX New Player

Will this also bring the booster bundle to the switch?
  5. Time Stone Active Player

CET 14:30 (2:30 pm) or 15:00 if it'll be delayed again with 30min as usual nowdays. Guys, when you get home from work in EU, just forget about playing on reset day and we'll meet on Friday. :(
    • Like x 2
  6. Ozman Well-Known Player

I remain optimistic. They said up to 10 hours last time and it ended up being less than 6.
    • Like x 1
  7. Time Stone Active Player

Indeed. But I still don't get why these maintances are supposed to be on reset day and in the most populated period in EU.
    • Like x 1
  8. MyHeadIsBurning New Player

Devs don't care about EU server/players. It's on life support with almost no players, and look how often we get lag spikes, disconnects, etc.
  9. Kickback New Player

I don't get why you think an American company should cater to your time zone?
  10. Kickback New Player

If it's on life support with almost no players then it makes sense that they wouldn't cater to doing maintenance when it best suits you. But in reality, they just do it because that's when people go to work in that time zone in that part of America.
  11. Delloyd New Player

It would be nice if we could trak feets
  12. Ozman Well-Known Player

Mepps stated the other day that they'd identified the recent lag and disconnects on the EU server as being caused by DDoS attacks. Apparently it has been addressed, and I haven't had any lag or disconnects in the last few days so fingers crossed.
  13. Microwave Well-Known Player

Game companies are just frustrating and I just don't understand them.
    Why don't they just use servers similar to test server and just call it live servers #2?
    They could update one while the other remains live and just switch them to update the clients like flipping a light switch.
    It wouldn't take ten hours it'd take ten minutes.

But they won't.
    • Like x 2
  14. Cordelia Well-Known Player

When you start a question with "Why don't they just..." the answer is almost always money. It probably costs too much to run properly. That said, I have no idea. It would be a fine thing to have multiple versions of the server running so there's never any downtime.
  15. Eve YouTuber

Looking forward for Christmas event. I'm abit burnt out with the episode and this event will help me fill my bases!
    • Like x 1
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That's crazy "up to 10 hours" lol
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, it will bring the latest booster bundle to Switch as well.
    • Like x 2
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I mislabeled the previous GU #. Will go through and fix at some point.
    • Like x 4
  19. Ozman Well-Known Player

Live update notes any time soon?
  20. GabeKnowBest Level 30

That's not much time.. Server downtime is pretty normal in MMOs.
    • Like x 1