Any Chance Of A Second DCUO Comic Book Run?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Con, Dec 6, 2022.

1. The Con Dedicated Player

It's been a while since the first one....

We have so many new characters and storylines since then.

I don't know how well the first book sold.. but, there is a built-in customer base here.
    • Like x 4
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I don’t know what this is about, but it sounds exciting!
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

It was a weekly 52 issue comic series.
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

I have half of the series, and It's worth reading and getting, even though not so easy to get physically these days. They should do more, but Mepps said they don't have the licenese to do more (from what I understood on my thread anyway)
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Are they giving these away?
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

No...

But, I think the trade paperbackas are pretty cheap at this point.
    You can get the first 2 volumes from $5 used to $10 new..

The 3rd volume is a tad more expensive.
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Ok thank you !
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

If they were to be able to do more, I'd love to see them have some kind of contest or "submit a character" where they put some player characters in crowds and groups of heroes and villains or something. Maybe even have a page in the back pointing each one out. Readers could even see if they can identify what characters are made by players.
    • Like x 5
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

The comic series was interesting because it took place on the Earth that Brainiac conquered so it would be nice to have an update on what's going on there. I'm hoping we get another Exobytes centered episode in the future. I guess Anniversary and Flashpoint kinda addresses some things about Brainiac but I feel the Metal storyline that just wouldn't die derailed a lot of storylines we could've had in other DLCs. Hopefully SOBA means we're getting more continuations of stuff we've been asking for I hope?
    • Like x 4
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Even a one-time or miniseries webcomic on Twitter event would be cool if things were able to work out sometime too.
    • Like x 3
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

Now thatttt i could get behind lol. It be like the Xenoverse to DCUO lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, it would be really cool if Batman could team up with xxxxxxxBatttman9999xxxxxxx and I3ruce VVayne to fight TheJ0kher77.

Cool I say....and you can't tell me different.
    • Like x 3
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It would be really awesome if Batman could join forces with xxxxxxxBatttman9999xxxxxxx and I3ruce VVayne to vanquish the villanous TheJ0kher77 to thwart his criminal endeavors in the name of Justice.

How is that for telling you different? :D
    • Like x 1
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

i mean they could take creativity liberities with the name if they choose to prevent a XxXDaSussyBussySlayerXx from popping up lol
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I sit corrected.
    • Like x 1
  16. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

TBF, I was mostly thinking they'd just put the characters in groupshots, since that's easier than trying to involve our personal lore since that would get very messy and they'd have to worry about giving equal attention and importance and all that. And they could carefully choose what submitted characters they use. I know you're joking around, but figured it would be good to just make it very clear in case anyone had actual concerns.

Maybe we could even give some basic info, like their super-name, legal name, race/ethnicity, height, etc to be used at the page in the back. But probably just very basic stuff and very short.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Con Dedicated Player

Can't wait to see 69-Man420 sitting in The Watchtower on page 3.
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

The story was fun up to when you could tell they were told to wrap it up. Then it felt rushed.

It would be cool if they could do another tie in series, but I don't see that happening.
    • Like x 5
  19. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Could be interesting, though, to see some fans with the knowledge, skills, and resources for it to collab and make a fan comic with some of their toons.

Frag... now I wanna do that, but I don't have any of that lmfao.
    • Like x 1
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The comic started out strong, and kind of petered out to be honest, they were writing faster than game development could happen, and I'm assuming they didn't want to contradict the game, so they came to an impasse.

I wouldn't mind seeing it continued filling in the gaps of the content we've seen since then.