Sins of black Adam has the laziest story so far in DCUO.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lucidex, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Meow =^_^=
    • Like x 1
  2. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

They are more than i expected (the more the better), although if they are from 2007 it could be a problem to find them, well, i'll try my best to find them.
  3. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Amazon.

Because of the Black Adam movie I think I saw that DC released most if not all of these stories collected into one collection. Have a look on Amazon and just Search "Black Adam" and you should find it no problem.
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

to be fair thats a completely different level of storytelling. Not to say DCUO is bad. But it never aimed go to the depths ff14 does with its story.

And S.E has full control of that I.P and has a myriad of prior games to pull from, and just can have guest story writers writing the side raid tier story-line.

But DI, has a licensed game, and you cannot make any creative choices. It took literally years to even get the green aura in the game and alot of requests to get it in the game. And even then yellow still isnt lol (ngl, i rubbed it in back then lol) Not to say the writing couldnt be better, but dont expect the same level of story when theirs likely alot a red tape and cant do's with a game like this. Certain characters can't exist here, or cant be featured due to characters not being in the licensing agreement (yet?).
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Truly what a bummer. :(
  6. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Story is bad, havent got any new animations in years.. why are we still here? Just to suffer?
  7. Omega91 Well-Known Player

The fact that Black Adam tries to give up your soul for Isis is never addressed, he even says afterwards that he knows you'll help him because "You're a great hero."

***** xD
    • Like x 1
  8. Tolly Committed Player

Because you manage to find stories in DCUO?

Go and have a look at games like WOW, TESO, GW2 or FFXIV, there, yes, we can talk about games with stories, but DCUO, there is nothing at that level, in DCUO it's just about DLC theme service...
    • Like x 1
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

At least this DLC story was... simple? I could follow it for the most part I guess? I agree with others it was a pretty quick episode content wise and I usually stopped paying attention to plot in DCUO awhile ago but yeah. This time at least we didn't have to read 100 DC comics or three omnibus editions from ten to forty years ago to understand the plot. I think? I dunno all I got was Black Adam wants Isis alive we gotta kick Neron's *** for that. Also my favorite scene this year after we defeat Neron in NU he goes in his growly voice "MUH SOULZZZZZZZ". That should be memed on Twitter, comedy gold.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

That was kinda cool with Hero vs Villain storylines. No side really won or lost it seemed whatever the Heroes helped the Villains would outdo. Whatever the Villains succeeded the Heroes would put right but not outright stop. A bit of back n forth. Now we're all underappreciated mercenaries just doing whatever the f#ck Luthor tells us to do. Yay...
    • Like x 3
  11. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I wasn't around playing DCUO back then but I hear many a DCUO player shed some tears on that glorious end to a DLC. Cheers :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Hey you misspelled Guy Gardner there?
    • Like x 1
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Technically games like WoW and FF can use their own lore because they're allowed thru the development company because they own their own stories. DCUO has a huge backlog of lore too but because they're licensed they can't use crap without permission so it hinders them. It sucks but it's not fair comparing them to Warcraft etc because of that.
    • Like x 4
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

As Dark Helmet once said “Good is dumb.”
    • Like x 1
  15. Dwild Well-Known Player

My only real beef is why does it take longer for four people to run the alert with more fights before the end than it does to do either of the raids? The first raid is 'walk down the straight corridor, knock out two relatively easy groups and then take out two villians IN THE SAME ROOM, one of which is freaking asleep half the time.' And I didn't even recognize Gothgirl at the end. (Although she does have a point about why are the players trying to accomplish a task that goes against every "Don't meddle with dark magic and raise the dead just because one Super decides to do so.") At least Orpheus went into the Underworld alone. Second raid is only a bit tougher but not so bad if you remember "Get off the red cracks before they turn to lava." Knocking off Neron is the easiest boss fight I've seen in years.
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm pretty sure the DC Universe site has every issue ever printed digitized and available for download. I do believe there is a subscription required for access though.