So How Did The Nation of Khandaq Emblem Break All The Rules?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Talks2MuchSense, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Weird title I know. Let me explain.

For half of DCUOs life, or perhaps even longer, players have been requesting Big Emblems / Big Emblem Slots. Most do so because in the back of their mind they're reminded of Alex Ross' stunning depictions of Heroes and Villains who always have massive "Chest-to-belly-button" Emblems.

Then we got the Stalwart Defender chest which somehow made what we were told was impossible, possible. Every single Emblem on that chest can be bigger. Then silence. Nothing like it for, literally, years.

Then we got the Fuginaut Counsellor chest, yet another Slimline that made the impossible possible. Albeit a tiny bit smaller than Stalwart Defender, but still bigger.

Now I'm staring directly at the "Nation of Khandaq Emblem" on multiple chests, not just the Stalwart or Fuginaut, and it's covering almost the entire chest. No trickery or gimmicks needed.

So what's the actual truth here? Can we get bigger Emblems or not? I'm looking at the answer being "yes" right now but every time a Dev answers its a mix of "limitations" and "tried but it didn't work". Was there something new added that finally made this work? Can this be applied to past Emblems retroactively?

If you have the Emblem or it's Enhanced version check it out. I have it on the Tunic of Greed right now and it's bigger than any Emblem on either Stalwart and Fuginaut. See for yourself.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I went and looked at that specific emblem, to answer the question in your title it looks to me like they pushed the shape of the emblem as far close to the border as possible. It may actually be overlapping the borders of the emblem slot. The way it was originally explained is emblems are made to fit within whatever emblem slot (green boxes) is built into the style.
    [IMG]

However this is what we see and it doesn't portray the best perception. For example that bat emblem looks drastically smaller than the other emblems because of its shape but realistically it has the same width as the other emblems. If they were to resize that bat emblem to fill up the whole box it would look stretched and ugly.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

And then depending on the style they can build a large or small emblem slot as needed. Some designs don't allow room for an emblem slot or don't make sense at all to have one.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That's a good explanation. Emblems don't really have sizes. Each piece of gear has a slot for the emblem that varies in size, depending on what else is going on with the gear and how our character bodies work. We in general try to make this slot as big as possible on gear we make now.
    • Like x 6
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Any chance we could get a one color Slimline chest (maybe like the Damaged Slimline minus the damage??) with the Emblem as Big as it is on the Stalwart Defender??

I know it's often asked... but.....
    Once more unto the breach dear friends.... once more.... ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Oh yeah I completely get that. I've actually seen it. Back in the PS3 days if your character was taking a while to load up you could clearly see it. It's like the boxes you have in your pictures there except it has an even-square Pattern in it. From what I remember it was mixed red and orange squares.

Anyway, the Emblem Slot I completely get and agree with. The Nation Of Khandaq Emblem completely defies that Emblem Slot limitation. It's hard to just describe it but let me put it this way, I looked at it on the New Genesis chest, and the Emblem is anywhere from 1.5 - 2x the size of other Emblems. Its not me trying to accuse the Devs of anything btw, just trying to see why this Emblem is different, and is it possible to retroactively make previous Emblems act the same way.
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I had no idea it was Passover already.
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It's not. This Sunday will be the third Sunday of Advent.

I hope you are doing well now and have fully recovered from your illness you had mentioned to me some while back. Good to see you on again.
    • Like x 1
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Could you maybe include some pictures of what you're referring to? I'm still busy trying to complete a previous capsule's collection for a style I want for a particular look, so I don't have this emblem so far.
    • Like x 1
  9. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Wish I could but I'm PS5. And taking a picture and having to upload it onto imgur or something else just to copy it to over here seems like a lot of work.

However,

If you go to the Broker and look for the Emblem, you don't have to buy it. You can activate a Preview of the Emblems (albeit in a tiny window) to see it.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I share my PS4 screenshots to a Twitter account directly from the Capture Gallery. Does PS5 has that same feature? From Twitter I right-click on the image, open image in new tab, copy the image URL and paste that URL into the insert image box here.
  11. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

I'm 99% sure it does, I just don't do twitter though. People often "take breaks" from watching the news for their own mental wellbeing, it's harder to do that with something like twitter buzzing your phone every 2 mins just so you'll get the see the worst/pointless of humanity.

Strange thing with the PS5 is it doesn't have a direct Internet Browser. You can access one with a bit of trickery but there's no "official" browser nor an icon for one.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't do Twitter either, the account I have is mainly just for uploading and saving images. I haven't even downloaded the Twitter app I just do it from the Chrome browser on my phone or PC so there's no buzzing lol.
    • Like x 1
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I don't know if you check your inbox or not, but I sent you a private response, with thanks, a few days ago.
    • Like x 2