DCUO 2023 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FluffyCloud99, Dec 4, 2022.

1. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Just a list of the changes i would love to see within the game for 2023+

1). Balance to movement mode skills.

2). More interaction from the devs to the community. This could be raid alongs, weekly livestreams showcasing the community, monthly stream showcasing the community, fun streams for the community with rewards.

3). More variety of events or re occuring ones. This could mean that during the downtime of an episode, re release Save the universe, Possibly anniversary event raids, Spotlight events.

4). Reduction in the cost of ally favor. The marks can stay as they are, the favor takes way to long to grind for, it will take months for each ally to get to level 10, even if you do play 5+ hours a day. I get this is a money horse but its very, very costly for the amount of allys there are in the game. Granted you dont have to level all allys but it is still a pain to level even 1.

5). Open world events. This could be a boss, pve event etc. have a boss spawn in metropolis for each faction, minimize the player count for each phase as to not completely kill consoles with 150 per phase killing a boss. have a set time per week/day where a boss will spawn in a specific spot (same each time). rewards could be ally favor, nth metal, catalysts, etc. Feats could be attatched but nothing like "Kill 100 of them" if it is a weekly occurance. Thats just un-needed.

6). Letting us know wtf is going on with PvP. If PvP is no longer on your list of things to update then allow us to gain feats at 10x the rate (as you have done with Legends PvE in the past) Sure people will still have to queue for the PvP events, but at least its not something that is literally going to kill half of the community who have not done any of those feats via boredem.

7). More Legends PvE events. :)

8). More diverse artifacts. I understand you are limited in what you can do, but perhaps something we havent seen much of before, similar to the amulete we have. something that punishes you for using the artifact but can massively increase your damage/heal/defence/power etc. Tanks could say have 2x damage dealt to them, but x3 more health or something silly.

9). A slight rework to older feats consisting of "Collect 8 armour pieces that have Starro Spore to unlock this feat". Those armour pieces are EXTREMELY rare or even unobtainable, making the feats themselves extremely stupid and rediculous for 10 points... Imo that needs to change or be given to players. Or put onto the vendors in the specific content.

10). A constant, stat locked survival mode (With the right balancing). This will give nothing but cosmetics and pets. Possibly make the old pre 2019 survival modes a 6man instance and bring them back on a weekly rotation with random bosses on each wave and old styles brought back with an updated look.

11). Less feats in time capsules

12). Elite + Exclusive rewards

13). Balance to tank dps powers. At the moment, atomic, rage range, fire are all a little lack luster, meaning tank population suffers as a whole on the servers since everyone is a power with top damage dealing abilities.

14). Daily rewards increased. Instead of giving us 9-10 days of 20 fate marks, fill them with a few artifact xp or ally favor. Its kinda silly to have to pay for a membership each month when you get only 21 days of rewards imo (Entitled? Probably, justified, probably also)

15). Elite mods update. Most of them are a little worse for wear. Make them worth while, make them give us something useful instead of small, unbalanced, unscaled healing.

16). Feat fixes. Currently a few feats are broken. Smallville alert speedrun, Hive moon base completion, Oolong completeion ALL do not get completed when done.

17). Small UI changes. A few examples would be enemy health % on their health bar. Countdowns on Powers in ability tray. Some indication of buffs/debuffs timers on your character.

18). To many items! Reduce the amount of items required for each DLC. This means 1 catalyst type for each augment, increasing in number per level of augment.

19). RnD Plan deletion from RnD Station. To help reduce scrolling, lag, etc.

20). Bottle City Soder gives stat boosts similar to nitro colas. This could be different. give each bottle city soda a set amount of stats per role for XX amount of seconds. Example: Used in dps? 5% might and 5% prec. Healer? 5% Power, 5% resto. Troll? 5% power, 5% Vita. Tank? 5% Dom, 5% Health.

Is this a very ambitious, unrealistic list? Yes. Extremely unrealistic. Even coming into the 2023 year knowing that a few of these will come into effect that year would be great. They are in no particular order, just randomly placed in a list.
    Would be great to see some of these changes and obviously anything to improve the game is a win win for all of us. :)
    • Like x 4
  2. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

2023 is gonna be a bad year for you, kid.

Lolz
    • Like x 5
  3. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I guess it doesn't hurt to dream.
    • Like x 1
  5. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Like dont get me wrong. Even some of the very simple ones would just make me happy. the small feat fixes, balancing to movement modes, a few new ideas for artifacts, elite mods changes would be great.

I live to dream... Then ultimately have them ruined :D
  6. not serious Well-Known Player

yes to everything, especially to 1:)
  7. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Too many people just hand their money over for lackluster cosmetics and underwhelming allies and artifacts. Most people are passionate about creating their own character or replicating an iconic and that's why I think most people still enjoy this game, and have stuck through it given all the changes (or lack thereof) to combat, metas, et cetera. If business is good though the product is par for the course, why bother enhancing the product? Why would you try to upgrade your product if everyone is still forking over a small portion of their income every month? If things get turbulent and there's a dip in sales, perhaps then there'd be an attitude of "let's turn this thing up."

I think all of the ideas posted here are honest and valid. I mean no disrespect to anyone that may have a different opinion than me and I'm thankful I still can enjoy the game on occasion. I am hopeful there are better things on the way and that said things come at a price that is reasonable for everyone going forward.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

My wish is to have at least one instance that is actually new and less recycled content.
    • Like x 3
  9. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

I would kill for a movement balance. This game is more a Flash game than a DC Universe. It’s absolutely ridiculous.
    • Like x 3
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

A large outdoor Themyscira lair.

How you get there: You go to the top of a building in Gotham/Metropolis and there's an invisible plane waiting to take you there.
    • Like x 2
  11. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

This is a great list. It's not unrealistic to want better changes. But keep your hope minimized so you don't get disappointed. I am sure they might try to do more Dev interactions, maybe for Anniversary or after Christmas when they get back from work. Like a Anniversary stream would be epic.
    • Like x 3
  13. GermanM Committed Player

I wanna add:

1) Cross-play or Cross-save (dont know what actually is the right term) at least for the same plataforms.

2) Improve reward system in general so people will fell more motivated to do old content.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ozman Well-Known Player

One thing I'd love is an expanded colour palette. I'd like each piece to have its own palette instead of one for your whole outfit.

Not as important as some of the ones listed above, but would be nice to be able to have more options when creating outfits.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kuno Loyal Player

I want new powers, new iconic powers or new abilities to existing powersets.
    So yeah, not gonna happen. Anything else it's just noise in this AAA game (Artifact Allies Auras online lol).
    • Like x 1
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Cross-play is where you can play with other platforms. Ala, PS and PC right now.
    Cross-save is where you can save your game on one platform and log in on another. Like you can play PC then open the game on the Switch to play as an example.
    • Like x 1
  17. GermanM Committed Player

Mmm, i guess the right term would be Servers Merge, correct?
    • Like x 1
  18. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Cross save would be absolutely amazing. Or linking your ps account and pc account so you can have your main from ps and your main from pc on the same account. it would save me so much feat grinding and time capsule grinding >.<
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Server Merge would encapsulate both, so yeah, that would probably be the best terminology to use in this case. :)
    • Like x 1
  20. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

While im at it, add 1 more to the list
    21). Rewrite all the power skills to be more informational. Include base damage, a list of cc effects possible.
    An example would be:
    [Arc Lightning]
    Strike your target with a bolt of electricity, spreading more bolts to nearby enemies. Casting this will heal the user. Allies hit by chaining electricity from Arc Lightning will be healed.
    Electrifies enemies, making them vulnerable to electric effects
    Base Damage: 20
    [Stuns]
    [Grounds]
    • Like x 1