I don’t want to be that guy but Elite plus when?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lt Skymaster, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

At this point myself and my friends I know are basically done with feats from the dlc and are expecting a bit more now. Compared to the last dlc this has been a bit lacking, it’s nice to have 2 raids don’t get me wrong but need mooore. New rewards or something…
    I want to note without using replays because people who replayed and played the crap out of this the first week were done way before.

Also we should do something about renown… at this point renown is a joke you can get full renown way before you’re able to buy all the gear, and then you keep getting more renown for nothing really. I guess that’s another subject.
    • Like x 5
  2. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

You have had to replay it a lot if you’re full elite already. I play nightly and run the raids 2-3 times a week, and I still don’t have full elite. So maybe try not spamming it the first week?
    • Like x 3
  3. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Getting renown this episode is much faster since the solo gives 2 and I ran the alert almost every day, maxed mine a week or two ago. They should also add style items to the vendor as once you get the gear related feats there's only the plans. Agree with doing something with renown, perhaps converting it to the episode currency.
    • Like x 3
  4. spikeat Well-Known Player

I didn't use replays and was full renown in about 2 weeks by running all the elite contents. I have enough renown in my inventory to max it out a second time.
    • Like x 3
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I've been playing it daily as well, getting 2 roles filled with elite gear (per character) haven't reset much of anything, and I still need more coin. Spamming the content, then complaining about a lack thereof...

Would love to see something we could do with extra renown though. Source marks, style items, renown shop?
    • Like x 2
  6. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Well...

You ate this content too fast and now you have boredom cramps. This is why it is not good to follow the majority player "meta" of fully finishing content with full Elite gear in a short period of time. The only thing I finished early was that 700+ bug squishing feat because that was just "boring" and not very rewarding.

New rewards and vendor offerings will be available, but you will have to wait awhile to see them; we have Season's Greedings coming up next week as well as the Stabilizer Event. Hopefully we will have a Winter Sale at that time as well. The Anniversary Event is only a few weeks away. I think that after all of these events are over we will see new rewards and "hopefully" see a new outdoor world boss.

I'm slowly working on Elite gear; this will be my first full set of Elite gear and the only way I'm going to get it is to play the Elite Solo. It will take time because I dont get to play every day. However, I should be finished well before the next episode is released.
    • Like x 3
  7. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Lots of my friends list begged me to replay the content day 1, glad I didn’t. Now I am 1 raid away from full renown while my friends haven’t logged on in a couple weeks due to boredom, and I have 1,000s of replays left.
  8. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

what part of me saying that i havent replayed wasn't understood?

I’m not maxed out on both roles. But im full elite on my main role. I have only the op head to work towards to but that one ive been selling my votives.

Elite gives you more marks maybe thats why you haven’t maxed it out

If this is your first elite set and because of the elite solo i dont think this thread is for you then. Since im basically asking for a more challenging content.

and like i said no replays read the full post.

Well no replays, I’ve got full renown since week 2 or so so you tell me.

4 elite raids first week since it dropped on a Wednesday the dlc. Every day elite alert and elite solo.
    • Like x 1
  9. not serious Well-Known Player

next time wait until elite plus is released to start making your reputation on it:D
  10. CodedKills Well-Known Player

Myself and people I know are bored of this DLC because the content is easy especially if you have max gear/stats already. It's about to be the 6th week of the DLC being out so many are waiting on the release of Elite Plus to bring some new liveliness to the game.
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

If this Elite+ is actually frickin' completable on Xbox, then sure.. I guess...

However, I still wish the feats only gave titles and you can loot or unlock clout items like Survival Mode (since Elite+ also only exists for the challenge). Adding points was really unnecessary and a big slap in the face.
    • Like x 2
  12. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Agreed, in my league we don’t have 4 tanks nor we would like to leave people out of elite + just to get more tanks and its not a good solution to make things more difficult to just make things to need more tanks.
    • Like x 2
  13. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

And what would you do if elite + didn’t exist
    • Like x 1
  14. CodedKills Well-Known Player

I think it'll max need two tanks and thats only for NUE. ROE should still be solo tankable. I'm hoping we won't need four tanks either.
  15. CodedKills Well-Known Player

I'm getting up my alts in the hopes it comes out soon but if it doesn't i'll just take a break and wait to play 4 months till the next DLC.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I don't really care when or even if it comes out at this point.

If it does come out though I just hope it's better balanced no raid should be demanding more than 2 tanks, ever.

I also think the renown is fine, if you don't need it still, just delete it or consume it and forget about it, it's really no big deal.

Lt Skymaster is right though, most people will have finished elite gear by now only having lightly reset, if at all, excluding probably the head and back pieces which are statistically redundant and can be bought later.

I imagine if it gets released it'll be in the coming weeks, if at all and honestly, I think it's a good thing because you want people to be geared up first before trying it because it makes the whole leveling up process far far better and natural feeling and also means elite content itself can be far better balanced with the sweaty players being able to back off a little knowing the greater challenge is coming later on.
    • Like x 5
  17. myandria Item Storage

Well...

I can comment on any thread I choose, so I guess you will have to deal with that.

Whether or not someone has ever had full Elite Gear is not the point; the point is this: finish content too fast and you will be bored too fast. Even if the devs were to launch an Elite Plus option right away, you may be compelled to finish that quickly too; what then? Run Elite and Elite Plus raids until the next content launch? That doesn't sound very challenging to me and in my opinion, THAT would be boring; we may not see new content until Spring.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Trouble is you were actually just factually incorrect.

People with full elite haven't really finished early at this point.

We're at about the stage where people naturally have finished.

So Lt Skymaster is kind of within his rights to be looking for something extra either now or in the next week or two.

He simply did not chew through the new content too fast at all.
  19. myandria Item Storage

Well..
    I understand this; however, the OP did say that he/she and his/her friends finished the feats and are now bored. So, my responses are based on that; if I grouped players that have full Elite Gear together then my mistake, I didn't mean to do that.

Two months is not a long time to have new content available. We haven't had a Spotlight Event on the new content yet. I think it's too early to ask for Elite Plus, no matter how "easy" this episode is.

Suggestion:
    Perhaps.. just perhaps.. the devs can ramp up the difficulty of the mobs/bosses of the 4-man and 8-man raids, just like they have toned them down in the past when players complain they are too difficult.
  20. Tolly Committed Player

Just because there was an elite+ once, doesn't mean there will be more in the future, maybe it was just a test. Also, I understand that this DLC won't be long and that a DLC will be prepared for January/February? although I have my doubts about that, it seems like a bit of a short time frame.
    Anyway, don't try to believe, that because there was once, that there will necessarily be all the time after ;)

On the other hand if you "sand" the game with repeat tokens to finish a DLC as quickly as possible, don't expect the next content to come quickly for you either x)
    • Like x 1