Test Discussion Ally: Shazam

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Cardboard, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Cardboard Developer

Also, Purity of Heart only works in healer role. That's included in the ability description everywhere else, but I accidentally left it out on the forum post.
    • Like x 4
  2. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Why do might players always get double?

Batman favored precision before it was altered last minute. Now this is favoring might as well.

They could at least throw us 1% more so it's 2/3. Seems fair to me.

*runs*
    • Like x 2
  3. Leda New Player

Hi there - I don't believe the second passive benefit (Purity of Heart) is working correctly. My understanding is that it's 1% of resto per weapon hit which would max out at 25% (I've assumed non-compounding for ease).

On test, I had a base of 110,594 resto with arts on. After hitting the boss for 50+ hits, my resto maxs out at 127,249 which is only 15% rather than 25%. I believe it should go to 138,243. I tried with arts off and had a base of 100,637 resto. This went up to 116,974 after hitting the boss with hand claps 50 times. This is only a 16% increase.

Can you please take a look at this? Thanks for your consideration! :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Thanks really appreciate your videos
  5. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Because of Superspeed.

As long as Superspeeds 2 powers are allowing players to completely negate animations, players will still make "Precision X Power" builds. Which shouldnt exist considering Prec and Might are completely separate ofc. Flights equivalent powers can't skip animations, Acrobatics equivalent powers can't skip animations, but Superspeeds Whirling Dervish and the other one has been inexplicably left to be allowed to do this. I mean do 1 raid per day and just count how many players are Superspeed. Something like "Personal Preference" or "character lore" would account for 15-20% of them maximum. The other 80-85% is purely because it's necessary for "Meta".

Precision stats will always suffer as long as the imbalance exists. If the devs made it so Whirling and the other power can't be jump cancelled out of, like Flights and Acrobatics equivalent powers, then we'd get some better results.
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

according to my tests, the ally gives the declared 25%, I think the problem is that you do not correctly determine the base amount of resto.
    the base value of resto is the amount of resto you have without any % multipliers, this means that from the number you see on the character page you should subtract 10-15% that you get from sp, 35% that you get from the healer role, and all other percentages that you receive from various sources (artifacts, league buffs, etc.), in your case, the base value will be approximately 65000 resto....
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

In yours did you determine if Purity of Heart was applying the boosted restoration to the priority/group heals? Mine are still falling within the healing range I established at base stats/no ally
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

68878 resto + 9853 dom, 26 crit chance, 106 crit magnitude , Elektric+Priority haal.

no buff -----buff
    34741----- 40385
    37250----- 41846
    36922----- 43189
    35478----- 42563
    35102----- 83703
    36969----- 40842
    37828----- 84709
    73327----- 87936
    34445----- 84738
    35294----- 41492
    36614----- 40127
    34586----- 88446
    77878----- 43198
    76897----- 40734
    77146----- 40982
    36822----- 41933
    35814----- 39768
    76111----- 41380
    37794---- 42686
    37415---- 39435

I have not calculated a specific percentage yet, but the difference is noticeable, if I have time, I will conduct tests with other powersets and combinations of artifacts (I do not promise, a loved one has kidney problems, I have to take her to dialysis 3 times a week ... so there is little time for the game...)
    • Like x 4
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Working as intended so that works, was debating how much time I wanted to put into it. Looking after your loved one is more important
    • Like x 1
  10. Cardboard Developer

I just tested Purity of Heart and it is applying the buff to the priority heal for me. Tested with Rejuvenate (Sorcery Priority Heal).
    • Like x 2
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Just some general impressions and observations of Shazam's combat ability following the recent tuning:

-The Combat Ability isn't very useful for most solo combat situations. If Shazam knocks out the target with the first damage tick, you will receive no arc damage or healing. Depending on your CR, Shazam does enough damage that he will OHKO most open world and solo enemies. So Shazam usually ends up defeating one-target with no healing.

-For solo boss situations, Krypto does significantly more damage than Shazam.

-Shazam's healing ability isn't reduced by the effects of Rage of Lazarus.

-Shazam's healing ability has a limited range.

-Is Shazam programmed to target the highest-health target? That would make him a more reliable ally for high-health 4 and 8 man content.

-In an AoE setting, Shazam isn't guaranteed to do damage to 4 targets. It appears the arc may stop if one of the secondary targets is knocked out by the effect. I've seen several examples where Shazam only damages 3 enemies when there are 4 to 5 targets in a tight grouping.
    • Like x 2
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    "Bolt of Zeus no longer ends prematurely if it defeats an enemy."

I'm not seeing this at all in the current PCTest build. Bolt of Zeus still KOs the first guy and stops.

Here is an example:

I didn't receive any healing either.
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

love that were getting a healing ally, thank you few who are testing this
  14. Hades2Eros New Player

Why has Shazam been removed from Test? It's not in the Ally box or vendor but is usable on toons that already it prior to the current update
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Purity of Heart

It says if you use a priority heal or group heal. To be more specific does the group heal have to be a power that specifically says group heal? For instance Galvanize heals everyone in the vicinity but doesn't say group heal, Ionic Drain heals everyone in the group but doesn't say group heal either.
  16. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

It has to be the ability flagged as [Group Heal]. So the same ability that procs the Purple Healing Ray and Page of Destiny.
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  18. GabeKnowBest Level 30

Prec is already better then might..
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Prec isn't better than might. It's just easier, simpler and cheaper to mini-max. But their damage potential is roughly the same (depending on the power). But that's a debate that A: has been fleshed out ad nauseam and B: belongs in a different thread.
    • Like x 1
  20. GabeKnowBest Level 30

A.You gotta be trolling.. a Gadgets Prec Player asking for more ;)
    B. The Dev seems to agree with me hence it’s % bonus and I’m not entertaining you, investing in Computo HUD tells me all I need to know about your level of dpsing.