I love DCUO so can you add a party-size option already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Con, Nov 30, 2022.

1. The Con Dedicated Player

This topic was started in another thread....
    What say you guys to an option for queues that would let you enter an instance with the fewer number of required players?

It would end waiting hours in a raid queue that you think that you could beat with just the 6 players that you already have.

Or at least start a raid with the hopes that you could get more players while playing it.

What sayeth thou?
    • Like x 17
  2. Jcal Dedicated Player

Yeah, please let me into all content with a party of... one! I beg you!! I want this more than anything (well, maybe I want a fourth Material slot a little more ;))
    • Like x 3
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

Before the clamp, I'd do FoS as a solo for the marks once a week.... and whatever had a walk-in and didn't require more players for mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  4. Grim931 Committed Player

Same, except it was mainly a style run for the Kryptonian Flexsuit...

But yes, I would like an option to do content with an adjustable group size. I'd rather play through the game solo if possible, be it with no clamp or adjusted content level based on number of players.

For example, lift the CR threshold by a certain amount for every missing spot/role. Could still remain challenging, but would open up a ton of options for players.
    • Like x 3
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I like these ideas. Also, I’d like to see the opposite implemented too, where we could have super raids of 16 players.
    • Like x 7
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I, personally, would love that. But players have been barking up this tree for as long as I remember and it's not likely to happen. For obvious reasons - it would be great for "hardcore" players, but it would eliminate opportunities for many less skilled/lower-stat players to get into groups and instances.

Originally, the raids in this game were meant to be ran with 2-2-2-2 groups, so all roles were equally in demand. But as the stats rose it became possible to solo tank, heal and troll, so you could have more DPS and finish raids quicker. Consequently, there was less need for those roles and if you were unable to solo - you had to DPS. Which led to DPS Universe Online we've known since then, where if you need a good tank, healer, or troll - they're hard to find.

If it becomes possible to 4-man all normal raids - and it's quicker than waiting for a full group - that's how we're going to run them. So you'd better be quick to respond to LFG, or the raid is starting without you. And once you're in there, you'd better be able to perform better than average, or else you go and sit in the "n00b" queue, waiting for 7 others, who need the same raid. It would completely separate the player base between "strong" players, who'd be able to grind stuff much faster and "weak" ones, who would almost never get to play with and learn from the experienced and skilled ones. I think that's why the devs are so resistant to this proposition. That and the fact, that multi-player aspect is one of the main selling points of this genre.
    • Like x 3
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

The only thing I'd point out as a counter is that this would help people to do raids that no one is queueing for anyways....

The bird in the had beats the two not even in the bush.
    • Like x 1
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

If anything, it would for sure help the ability to invite players cross-faction without having players queue-drop. And cross-faction is still important (even if the idea seems to be being neglected regardless the progress made with baby-steps previously).
    • Like x 4
  9. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I have been asking for this for a long time too. At the end of the current episode I wouldn't mind trying out the alert solo, but especially the old content would be nice to solo for feats. Or even to duo alerts and raids. Like others have mentioned, some instances never pop in omni because people will decline ones they can't finish in 10 minutes.
    • Like x 1
  10. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

It'd be so awesome if DCUO had limited-time modes (similar to Save the Universe) where 16 (or maybe 12) people could run an instance. Imagine a 16-man survival mode, would be insanely fun. Unfortunately might also be really laggy for some, since this game uses a very old infrastructure.
    • Like x 2
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

IKR! It would be awesome fun!
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

They should let us do this, but I think it should be clamped according to how many people you go in.

Full stat piercing applies with a full group and the less people you have in your group the less your stats pierce and the harder the content becomes, so as to give the ultimate solo challenge.
  13. The Con Dedicated Player

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Of course you do. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Full stat piercing applies with a full group and the less people you have in your group the less your stats pierce and the harder the content becomes, so as to give the ultimate solo challenge.[/quote]

Dear God.... You could ruin a parade.o_O
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Dear God.... You could ruin a parade.o_O[/quote]

Parades are for children
  15. The Con Dedicated Player

Well... To be honest...

I was first going to say "orgy".... but, I figured that'd be too "adult".

(And yeah... You'd ruin that, too)
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

• Like x 2
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

No, no need to split queues
    • Like x 1
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  19. The Con Dedicated Player

Even if it did: Would it be to a game-breaking level, though?

Generally, it would be used to get into instances THAT NONODY ELSE was queuing into anyways?

And people would/could still use LFG to avoid queuing at all.

The benefits would definitely outweigh the drawbacks (if any).
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Increasing the queue time is going to be a big draw back. An the solution that i disagree with is letting players vent "out" of the system once they get endgame CR and are able to avoid grouping. I want a "closed loop" system, where players are "recycled" through all of the content old and new.
    • Like x 1