New ally system

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Liightmare dc, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Liightmare dc Active Player

Can we start looking into a new ally system. The xp needed to level a legendary ally is insane considering how often they have new ones. And even worse once you level one you can’t do anything with the xp if you want to switch to dif Allie’s. It takes months to level up an ally without having to pay for it. At least with arts we can feed old arts into new ones. This was the biggest pay to win move done on dc. We need a better way
    • Like x 3
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And who said you had to level them all up?
    • Like x 3
  3. Liightmare dc Active Player

Did I say I level them all up? What I am saying is leveling xp should be lowered and/or we need a way to feed old Ally’s into new ones.

Side note I would love to run some content with you to see if you actually know hot to play or just spend all your time on the forums.
    • Like x 9
  4. not serious Well-Known Player

Indeed this system allies is abominable for the rerolls especially for me, and this new menu we can not even swap ally of combat with 1 ally in passive. You have to remove ally from combat then remove ally in passive then equip ally that was in passive put in combat and finally equip ally that was in combat
    put in passive.:eek: Really not practical at all when you can't save several combinations of allies
    • Like x 2
  5. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

The game did. You can't feed one ally into another.
    • Like x 3
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I think this was a meme posted in another thread talking about feeding one into another.

[IMG]
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Alright. I’ll bite. Where in the game does it say you must collect all allies and max them all out lol. I’ll wait
    • Like x 1
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

Did you make the required airplane noise?
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's actually posted right under where it says "DeitySupreme MUST comment on every player complaint on the forums. No exceptions."

The Ally system is not a perfect system. Let people communicate their distaste for it and move along. People want progress and talking about it is not hurting you.
    • Like x 11
  10. The Con Dedicated Player

SECONDED!!!
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Looked. Didn’t say anything about being required to have all allies maxed.
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I use zero Allies. It doesn't adversely affect my game play and Allies are not required to play the game. If I were to partake in this whole Ally System, I think I would choose my favorite and level that one up.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think that's what we were all thinking when Allies first came out. Now it just feels like "Artifacts 2.0".
    • Like x 4
  14. Skoll Well-Known Player

From a lore perspective, it makes no sense why we can’t “feed” old allies into different ones. Allies are levelled with “favor”, Batman can’t tell Superman what a good ally you are and that he can vouch for you while he is not available and from there will grant favor to Superman? Not knowing first hand, the xp would be halved (like artifacts), Batman would then be back to rank 0 while being “unavailable” until more favor is fed to him and superman would then need to be levelled up with more alliances.

Lex Luthor must reluctantly give his favor to Wonder Woman as he is needed on a mission elsewhere with other Heroes/Villains/Anti Heroes etc and he temporarily cannot be an ally to the player any longer… you can make any reason work. The whole “but some allies are heroes and some of them are villains! They won’t work together!” The latest raid has Shazam teaming up with Black Adam. Also a ton of the raids have Hero/Villain team-ups.

It’s a bit ridiculous with how little favor we get compared to how much xp some legendaries need. In the time I’ve gotten 10k ally favor through playing the game, I’d have gotten a very nice amount of nth metal xp. Not to mention we have Nth Metal Detectors and nothing like that for ally favor.

We don’t “have to” level up anything of course, but this way of thinking is very one dimensional. Paying subscribers have every right to voice concern and not gobble up any old garbage. The devs aren’t religious deity's and people shouldn’t act like zealots to anyone who questions them…

Let’s also not start that they’ve just released a new ally that is absolutely broken on test server a day after cyber monday has finished… like, seriously?
    • Like x 1
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Mepps has said they regard Allies as a "collect em all' type deal so that's why Allies won't be fed to each other. You can disagree that no you don't need to get every Ally but that's what's been presented as the way to go. Just saying
    • Like x 2
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess I'll have to explain the strategies the devs go for in terms of monetization.

Dcuo is a game with lots of different kinds of players.
    We have Endgamers, Cosplayers, Base crafters, Role players, Casuals, Traders, and everything in between.

When the Artifact system came out it was targeted toward all players. Obviously, players of a certain type were affected more than others. In that case, Endgame players.

After quite some time and exploits later, with the majority of the community well saturated with artifacts, it was time for a new system.
    Making a new system that asks endgame players to pay heavily again would've alienated them even more so they had to go a different route.
    So, this time you have cosplayers, and role players to pay the most.

Of course, all players are affected again, but looking at the effect of both passive allies - even if you take the two best ones - isn't greater than a single artifact. The combat ally aspect is somewhat targeted towards Endgamers but they made sure to not make it overly pay to win by making rare allies the best in terms of boss damage (the type that actually matters).

I like the system as it's not affecting me too much and I get to enjoy it as much as casuals were enjoying artifacts when they came out big time.

In the future, we may see a system affecting base crafters maybe - if that community is big enough to make it worth the effort. :)
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Legendary XP just needs to be adjusted to be lower and removed from the MP. TBH, we get plenty of Ally XP from just playing and Daily Rewards and the only time I feel cumbersome and hate the process is Legendaries. I get it, they are the big dawgs and bring a LOT of flavor to playstyles. I for one am liking Black Adam as his passive is great for Supercharge Builds and he is my boy! But due to the cost, he will never be Maxed out. The Rare and Epics though are just fine.

The new UI is good but of course not great. The switching from Combat I cant comment on as I dont switch Allies during Combat even in the last UI of it. What I go in with in Combat is what I use. Switching an Ally, even if encouraged by the Devs, takes away from Combat having to open a silly UI to make a change and I could possibly lead to death to myself or teammate.

Remove from MP and lower Legendaries. At this point, the amount of money folks spend on TCs and even the Artifacts on the MP (remove those too dangit). Just drop the Materials, Styles, Chromas for 60+ bucks and call it a day. We spend more than that on PVE items in a MP, folks will open their wallets.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They also said from the start that allies wouldn’t be allowed to be fed to one another yet people still try to max them all out and then blame the system for something that was explained ahead of time
    • Like x 2
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They also said in the beginning that Legendary Allies were going to be marketplace only, our feedback got that changed pretty quickly.
    • Like x 3
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Point being? Theres a difference between players spending and wanting to claim said purchased item on more toons and being entitled to spend all your favor and expect them to make changes based one players inability to have self control. I personally do not have all allies. Not even all legendaries. And those that I do have aren’t even all maxed out. By doing so I was able to max out all allies that were of value to me and still have favor left over to get ready for the new ally. I have some older allies that are maxed which I don’t use anymore. But I leveled those by choice knowing full well that I wouldn’t be allowed to feed them later on