(Devs) Feat Discussion: Source of Life (Elite Plus) a.k.a. TSWE+ No Death feat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by jolaksi, Nov 28, 2022.

1. jolaksi Well-Known Player

As far as we know the only ones who achieved this feat is speed hackers and their ridealongs. I know TSW elite plus feats are meant to be challenging but when you actually get into them, this specific no death feat seems unrealistic.

Closest attempt I heard was someones trying to exploit Laz pit tac swap before it was "patched" and they reach to 3rd boss with this method I guess.

Getting higher gear is also out of question. Bosses/mechanics on this raid will one shot even with episode 45 gear and after that Dark Knights episode falls into omnibus category and thats where actual s*** show begins.

So Im asking to devs and community; how about changing this to feat count for individual bosses? With 4 checkboxes for each boss. Just like Sixth Dimension (Critical) no death feat. You can wipe countless times during instance but group wont need to requeue on every single attempt.

Im aware that it will decrease feat's difficulty a little but just an idea to at least prevent time loss on requeues and keep people on instance.

This is not straight up nerf demand. Just wanna discuss. Keep it civil please.
    • Like x 1
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

I think it’s premature, you still have another whole episode to progress gear wise. I do prefer the boss counter specific no death checkbox approach though in general.
    • Like x 4
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would also say it's too early to change something.
    It's currently quite manageable to stay alive. I just haven't heard of anyone even attempting it. We start to have a few players run it regularly enough to get into the groove of being able to execute the raid flawlessly in the future. besides those few, most players don't even go into the raid because they still think it's as hard or because other games are more interesting atm.
    If nobody managed to get it done once phased into omnibus we can start discussing I'd say.
  4. jolaksi Well-Known Player

When it comes to adjusting(if its decided to be) feats like this, its too rare that it falls into a dev's sight. I rather start discussing it now before its too late.

What I heard is(not 100% sure about that) you actually get nerfed you when said content falls into omnibus category. No matter how many latter episodes past TSWE+ will always be nerfing you compared to Episode 45 gears. I hope you got what Im saying.
    • Like x 2
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the EEG content scaling (Omnibus) is +15 or +20 CR based on the episode max CR. That means it's going to be slightly tougher compared to having it at the end of its endgame lifecycle.

It should still be easier than it currently is. And it's definitely currently doable.
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

I think it’s still intended to be easier once it gets clamped. Grail in FGSE was MUCH easier the day after it got clamped. I don’t know how the multiple levels of elite difficulty play out though, as I didn’t try FFE or TSDE on the highest difficulty before and after the clamp. The general rule was that it should feel slightly easier because it seems they make other adjustments to EEG content besides the CR scaling (defense/health reductions of bosses). This is all speculative and feeling based, so I’m happy to be proven wrong if anyone has actual evidence to the contrary. :)
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

Pretty sure the stat piercing plays a good bit into the difficulty of that stuff once it falls off the recent list.
    • Like x 1
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I was apparently wrong and TSWE+ has actually never even been completed on Xbox? Let alone players being able to gather the feats for it. Idk. Either way I still feel and believe it's pointless for Elite+ to have points attached. Should be just titles and lots of extra clout items like Survival Mode, because it's literally just there for the added challenge for the small percentage of elitists who asked for extra challenge.
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

Completing those feats are goals for some people, why take it away from them?
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

There would still be feats, as I stated, just like Survival Mode.

Edit: P.S. they would normally be goals for me too... If they were even possible on my platform!
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

There’s already precedent set with feats in elite and in the multiple level elite versions in the past few episodes. There’s no reason to change course, imo.

You still have an entire episode of endgame stat increases to beat it, or if not, when it becomes EEG.
  12. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Constantly restarting because someone doesn't know how to stay alive on 2nd boss consistently sounds very boring and tedious if you consider restarting and doing 1st and 2nd over and over. However, for those who enjoy the raid, I'm sure they would want to keep it the same and I don't blame them.

That plus the 2nd boss feat for this raid is a greater feat for people who are interested to strive for anyway, since it's harder in my opinion.
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

based on my own experience FFE S5 feels exactly like just before it went into EEG content. Its well scaled tho.
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Episode 40: World of Flashpoint
    Elite modes
    • Fixed issues where the NPCs had the incorrect levels, making all these Elite modes more difficult than intended.
    Just saw this after i commented. So yeah, its meant to be easier.
  15. jolaksi Well-Known Player

And then theres cross faction problem. Maybe group has someone(s) from opposite faction and each time they need to find heros or villains to queue up. One unlucky death on adds at beginning and its another hassle with queues.
    • Like x 1
  16. jolaksi Well-Known Player

I re-read few comments and I feel like people confused on what is discussed in this thread.

Theres no doubt TSWE+ was doable or is doable right now or will be doable with next episode and when it falls into omnibus. 100% beatable with all situations. Thing is the things(mechanics, boss attacks etc) going on in the raid are so crucial that no gear progression or clamp will prevent those. I know feat has to be challenging but the amount of all the rng and random stuff going on in the raid makes the feat rng heavy. Almost neglecting player skill & experience. That is not "okay" imo.

So I'm also demanding comments on this topic from people who constantly participated in TSWE+ no death runs. Will it be better if there was checkboxes for each boss and keep you on instance or you rather keep requeuing over and over again?
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Not completable on Xbox at all. 0% beatable here, let alone getting the feats from it. No clue if it's going to be much different once it gets clamped in a couple of episodes (not just 1 more), either.