Christmas Event 2022 Showcase!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

It's that time of the year again! Enjoy this showcase of the Christmas Event! <3

(P.S The Shazam tree is bugged atm, placing it twice, can't remove the "Fake" one)
    • Like x 20
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Woo! Finally we get to see the Christmas stuff! I hope over time we get those sweaters for other characters and groups as well, like the other mentors, Lantern Corps, the sub-mentors (Oracle and Calc), the two organizations (Justice League and The Society), etc.

When I saw "electric Santa chair" I immediately thought "well that sounds like something very dark, but seems to just mean it has electrical stuff on it, being the lights" but then... then you activated it and I was just like "oh.... I guess it IS what it sounds like, then" lmfao. Also wasn't prepared for just how much of an explosion that "gift" would have lmfao.

Some of these items could make for some quite funny images of some of my characters. Like if I got my Batgirl that Batman Christmas sweater and the Santa hat Batcowl and then have her being all cute and goofy beside Batman's grumpy self lmfao.
    • Like x 2
  3. Siramez Well-Known Player

nice!
    • Like x 2
  4. Achikah All About That Base

Not the largest haul, but man, what's featured there for base items is really fantastic. I can see the interactable stuff being utilized in different ways with clipping, same with the Santa Trap. Then the half walls... THE. HALF. WALLS. *_* We are in our half-wall era and I'm LIVING for it, baby!

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the drop- could have more but what's there is nice. Also, it'll all look lovely in my Lobo easter egg spot in my North Pole base. =D

Thanks for the video, Zoe, and great work!
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

I see where you are going with that, haha! Yeah I hope we can get sweaters for more than Harley, Batman, Joker. They are pretty much the "Usual".

Yeah the electric chair kinda got me wtf, but the explosive gift made me laugh so hard :D

Do some of those screenshots, I would love to see!

<3

I can see myself using the half-walls for my Icy Tower base. I'm looking forward to get them! And of course, my pleasure :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I'm just gonna leave this here.....
    • Like x 7
  7. Eve YouTuber

HAHAHA LOVE THAT!
    • Like x 1
  8. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

please tell me this works in lairs pvp
    • Like x 1
  9. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Im guessing as long as it is placed on a blue node spot, it should (appear and) work. However it will damage you as well as your opponent if you don't get out of it's range fast enough.

You can jump cancel the activation animation to turn more gift cogs in a shorter period of time. You can just about turn 3-4 cogs with the jump cancel, before any of the gifts explode.
    • Like x 3
  10. Omega91 Well-Known Player

Nice video Zozo! :3

Don't understand why they haven't made a Superman sweater alongside the others, I'll probably get the Accessory just to show it off :3

I wonder if there's a sweater in the game you can put your logo on, would be nice.
    • Like x 2
  11. Eve YouTuber

Yeah, It's always Harley\Batman with the addition of Joker this year. I would really like to see Supes & WW, and maybe Zatanna and other characters on sweaters, or yeah a sweater where you can put an emblem :)
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

• Like x 1
  13. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

IKR? I’m VERY Batfamily obsessed, but even I’m at a point where I’m like “…. Ok, can we get some love for (insert any number of characters here) now?”

Funnily enough, when it comes to DCUO, it’s Superman I’m most eager for content around, at least out of the mentors. This is largely because my first Superman mentor toon was when he was still “dead” and so at the end of the mentor missions when you get declared an official Justice League member, I didn’t really get that big moment with her or with Supes I got for the others and instead just got to read his tombstone. It was very anticlimactic. It left me with a serious itch that I just loooove getting scratched. I lost my mind when they did the big episode spotlight and gave us new items and it was Streaky and tiny Doomsday. Funny how much this one little thing has stuck with me and continues to effect me lmao.

Imagine they did a Calendar Man Christmas sweater.
    • Like x 1
  14. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I'm so disappointed there's no orange lantern accessory or battery accessory. waited since the first one was released with valentines day this year to hopefully see the logo one, no dice. then got my hopes up for the supply drop and the battery with the latest introductions. This years "haul" is kind of Meh for me
    • Like x 4
  15. Eve YouTuber

Yeah. I was really hoping we also get the Orange Lantern Henchmen, but guess this was forgotten when Charon left.

Calnder Man would be really cool haha, something different. Yeah, they really avoid doing Superman stuff and I think that's because of DC, at this point. Yeah, they should go back to give new rewards on spotlights. That would make people come back and run the content for sure.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ozman Well-Known Player

Zoe, do you know if there's a santa hat in the vendor that's not affected by your colour palette? My character is primarily blue but I want a red santa hat without having to change his colour.
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

There is one on the Market Place during the seasonal, I believe you can't color it? not sure because It's been awhile. I will try log in later and check it out!
    • Like x 2
  18. Ozman Well-Known Player

Thanks. I could've sworn I had one from years ago but I was checking through my main's head styles last night and all I could find were the Holiday Elf and Santa's Little Helper ones. Fingers crossed I can get one either from the marketplace or seasonal vendor!
    • Like x 2
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I think the new stuff is lots of fun. Not exactly what I was hoping but I'm going to need to farm like a hundred or two of those exploding presents so it's not so bad there isn't a larger array of new items.

I would like a roller coaster or more specifically pieces of roller coasters pieces we can put together so we can customize them to lairs or league halls. League hall sized versions of the train we already have. Jack n the boxes would be fun. Could do some based on iconics, again in lair and league hall sizes.

A plain sweater would be nice.
    • Like x 3
  20. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Imagine if they'd automatically set each other off lmfao
    • Like x 2